Re: PEFE-B: The Part Where He Kills Us

Somewhere in PEFE

Merle: -flying back towards Klein Cove, covered in mashed potatoes and carrying a single intact yam in her talons- <I hate potatoes...>

Mainframe Room - Having Totally Been Working Hard All Day to Recalibrate the Self-Repair Systems... Totally

-The more literate members of our group are standing around a bank of monitors as a certain non-tribal Marowak walks in on us-

<Fruit Necklace: "So? What have you managed to actually get done anyways?">

<"Uh... Well... We opened up the roof over your town... And that Flipside place...">

<Fruit Necklace: "... You what?">

Flipside - PEFE-That-Was

-The sun once again shines down upon Flipside... Which has some rather noticeable changes-

-Prodding at a hard light bridge-

<Wiseglasses!Tropius: "What in tarnation is this?!">

<Pidgin: "It's a bridge, Clove!">

<Wiseglasses!Tropius: "I know that, what's it doing getting in the way of our bottomless pits?!">

Mainframe Room

<Fruit Necklace: "... What? But how'd you do that if you're still down here?">

<Vlad: "Tracer's been using some sort of program!">

<Lardna: "Apparently this place still has its self-repair systems in one piece.">

<Fruit Necklace: "... 'Self-repair'? How does it work?">

Klein Cove

-Merle drops the yam and lands- <....>

<....>

<WHERE IS EVERYMON?!>

Mainframe Room

Elysia is playing with her mother

Mainframe Room

Eskay and co. have returned to the Mainframe Room. Spectrum is returning to her own forum thread with the group.

Mainframe Room

Eskay puts his arm wing around Psyche.

Skye is feeling slightly nervous. She tries her best to block out her thoughts from any of the numerous psychics around.

Luke: <But wait, what happened after that? Are the dragons still in charge?>

Lake shakes his head.

Lake: <Nope! Soon after they won, they were overthrown buy all the Pokémon who were justifiably annoyed that they had destroyed humanity. Turned out that turning everyone into creatures who could fight back more easily wasn't the best of ideas.>

Luke: <Yeah, kinda' hard not to see the flaws in that logic.>

He frowns.

<So, there's no humans at all out there now?>

Stratus: <Not at all. pretty much all traces of them were gone. I mean, we were in Kanto a while ago, and there was barely anything left of Celadon and Saffron city...>

Luke: <Oh...that's pretty sad...>

Lake: <Hey, it's not all bad. While humanity may be gone, Pokémon have taken their place!>

Stratus: <Yeah! We've seen loads of Pokémon settlements on our journey! There are no humans, sure, but civilization is thriving! The only real difference is that there's no T Vs or computers or fridges or anything. Which really sucks...>

Luke: <So it's not all that bad, then?>

Lake: <Yeah. It's not perfect, but it's not a bad world to live in, really.>

PEFE-B

-Merle is once again ferrying the yam around- <Grrr...>

Mainframe Room

Skye: <Oh, I'm perfectly fine! Don't worry about me!>

Mainframe Room

Spectrum gives Salamence a much nicer fedora. She made sure it was a nicer hat first, don't worry.

Mainframe Room

Spectrum pets Salamence. She frowns slightly upon hearing Marmalade's voice, though.

PEFE-That-Was

-Tagg is sitting by himself-

Muddy: Something up Tagg?

-Looks up-

Tagg: Just trying to digest what we learnt last night. So all of this time humans weren't all gone. As a species, not just as a culture, we've survived. Darn it, why are we still sitting around here, we should be heading over to Angela! We need to get in contact with the Brotherhood!

-Pica and Artemia are staring eachother down in the background, their next duel to be something that would happen in the near future-

-Is wandering down to the mainframe room-

Pentigan: So, anyone got any plans for where they're heading next?

Mainframe Room

Eskay: <I personally want to visit this timeline's Ecruteak. You know, being my hometown and all.>

Luke: <...Wait, Tagg's saying that there are humans in this world?>

-Luke gives Lake and Stratus a confused look-

<But you told me there weren't any!>

Lake: <Hey, that's what I thought, too! This is news to me!>

Stratus: <OH! Do you think they might still have televison where they live?>

The two Feraligatr give Stratus a blank look.

<...Or fridges, at least...>

Mainframe Room

Psyche: "Ooh, then can we stop by Nimbasa?"

Mainframe Room

Eskay: <If they want, I'll gladly go.>

-Eskay hugs Psyche-

-Psyche huggles back-

-Does a mental combination of a squee and a eye roll-

Pentigan: Well, anyone else tagging along?

-To Pentigan-

Tagg: I'm heading east. Angela awaits.

Coulomb: We're pretty much going where Tagg's going.

-Tagg's attention gets drawn to Eskay and Psyche-

Tagg: And who are you?

Psyche: "Hi I'm Psyche!"

Pentigan: Angela, what's so interesting in Angela?

Mainframe Room

Eskay: <I'm Eskay. I'm pretty sure we met back in Cherrygrove before... this. Before the multiversal shenanigans.>

-To Psyche-

Hi, I'm Tagg. Nice to meet you.

-To Eskay-

Tagg: I think I remember you, barely. Several months in this place wreaks havoc with your memory.

-To Pentigan-

Tagg: To find answers.

Mainframe Room

-Spectrum pats Lily-

Spectrum: <Sorry, but these shards just haven't been agreeing with us lately... We tried to return, I promise you...>

Eskay: (To Tagg) <I understand. We met as humans anyway, so it's not like you should be able to recognize me by anything other than voice anyway.>

-Psyche looks over at Spectrum-

Psyche: "Oh, are you talking to Lily? Tell her I said hi!"

Mainframe Room

-Spectrum nods to Psyche-

Spectrum: <She says "Hi", by the way.>

Lily: <Thanks, Spectrum... -sigh- I would use this shard, but what if I'm teleported somewhere bad, and I lose this thing... Ohhh, what am I gonna do?>

-Lily continues her wangst-

Mainframe Room - PEFE-That-Was

<"Simple. For a bunch of slimy creeps, Pokefutures knew a thing or two about intuitive programs...">

-And leads the Marowak over to the bank of terminals-

<"This is the current master plan that the systems are executing... You just move a finger or claw along this trackpad and press down to select... Even if a mouse would be better. You can cycle through different views... Top-down... Profile from different directions...">

<Fruit Necklace: "I see... But how did you open up the roof again, then?">

<"Oh, if you don't like something in the master plan, just revise it. Like... Look at that pile of rubble over there on the screen...">

-And a representation of a pile of rubble somewhere in PEFE is shoved beneath the cracks under the PEFE superstructure-

<Fruit Necklace: "... Impressive... Perhaps we should let the matter of rearranging the towns fall to locals though. I wouldn't expect you to know the way the modules were laid out.">

<"... Fair eno- Hey, wait a minute...">

-And notices something cleared up by moving the pile of rubble-

<Nadia: "... It's a portal...">

<"... Why does the other side of it look like it leads to a cave, though?">

Mainframe Room

-Spectrum huggles Lily, then decides to stop violating the Fourth Wall-

-Overhearing Tracer and Nadia, Lake, Luke and Stratus go over to investigate, soon seeing the Portal in question on-screen-

Stratus: <...Weird.>

Lake: <Is that a long distance portal? I haven't seen one of those since we ran into Silent and Makerite...>

Luke: <I haven't seen one of them since we were in this universe the last time...>

Lake: <Hmm. Where did it come from, though?>

Daisy: Um... I stay with Penti. :3

Mainframe Room

-Eskay and co. head over toward Tracer and Nadia-

Eskay: <Long-distance portal? ...That turret did mention portals crossing universes... Is that what you're talking about, or are you just talking about, like, portals between continents?>

Mainframe Room

Tagg: A cave?

Muddy: Maybe it's a space tunnel.

Tagg: It would be awfully convenient if it were...since Xatu has disappeared once again.

Helios: Let's go!

Mainframe Room - PEFE-That-Was

<"... I'm not sure, actually...">

-It is at this moment that a number of other mons that were present last night come into the room-

<Female Giant!Samurott: "Fruit Necklace! I thought that you were going to come and give these profligates a good hard swat to stop loafing around!">

<Fruit Necklace: "They've been busy, apparently... They seem to know how to work the old terminals.">

<Zoroark: "... What? But even those flying nuts up in Flipside barely know how half of this stuff works! And they're the techies!">

<Polaris: "... Who told you of this knowledge?">

<Cecil: "... Er... Uh...">

-Remembering a response given by his father a short while ago-

<Cecil: "Internet?">

<Polaris: *blink blink* "Oh, so that imageboard does have its uses beyond being a fountain of obscenity...">

<Female Giant!Samurott: "Someone needs to secure that place! As if the degenerates that harass us from the sea aren't trouble enough!">

<Fruit Necklace: "They're not that common... And... We do have someone who can do that for us...">

-And all eyes focus on us-

<Pierce: "... What's with that look?">

<Polaris: "You can go check out that site. We'll be rebuilding here.">

<Aqua: "But you told us-">

<Scyther: "Hey! We're the ones in charge here! Chop chop!">

<Lardna: "Am I the only one who feels like we're being strung along right now?">

Klein Cove - In Front Of A Smoothie Stand on the Beach

-A certain group of four mons are gathered at the back of a stand with bushels of blue-colored berries-

<(Former)Maurauder!Tyranitar: "W-We got those blue berries you wanted, s-sir... I mean, m-master! ... L-Liege?">

<(Former)Maurauder!Carracosta: "Y-Yeah! They're as blue as you can g-get! B-Bluer than m-me! J-Just like you w-wanted!">

<Local!Wingull: "... Yeah... I meant Belue berries... Sorry.">

<(Former)Marauder!Dragonite: "Wh-What? B-But you s-said-">

<Local!Bellossom: "... No, I remember Belue berries...">

-Starting to whimper-

<(Former)Marauder!Tyranitar: "Oh... Oh Arceus...">

<(Former)Marauder!Bastiodon: "Pl-Please! W-We can fix this!">

<Local!Wingull: "Just go and get some Belue berries this time... Leave those bushels here and go get some others.">

<(Former)Marauder!Carracosta: "U-Understood!">

-And the four dart off as fast as they can, not bothering to right their bushels after hastily dropping them in the sand-

<Local!Belossom: "... Shouldn't you get the authorities about this? They're outsiders... And they seem more than a little sketchy...">

<Local!Wingull: "Eh... Maybe after a couple more days of this... Or whenever they run off. I'm just surprised they're scared of me. What am I going to do, peck them to death?">

Mainframe Room

-Overhears Polaris-

Tagg: There's still an Internet? Wouldn't surprise me if that Brotherhood my other self made had it. Of course considering all this time I'm not sure you could really call it an Internet anymore.

Coulomb: Maybe you should check it out on your laptop.

Tagg: They've probably only figured out how to do dialup.

Stratus: <Okay, okay! We'll go and have a look! No need to be so bossy.>

Lake: <Least this won't take all that long. I mean, it's just checking a tunnel. Not much that can go wrong there...At least, I hope not, given our luck.>

Mainframe Room

Eskay: <If it'll get you off our backs, fine, we'll handle that.>

-Meanwhile, Skye is still slightly nervous, but less so than before-

Skye: <~Relax, Skye... He seems to have forgotten about it... If he asks about it... I'll just tell him I like- ...Slow down, Skye, there are psychics in the room... They might hear you...~>

-Psyche looks over at Skye-

Psyche: "Seriously, are you feeling all right?"

Mainframe Room

<"Alright! Alright! We're going!">

In Front of a Portal - Somewhere in PEFE-That-Was

<Shaun: "Eh? What's with all the rocks blocking it on the other end?">

<"... They look loose... Maybe we can move through them?">

<Bottles: "I'll take a look!">

-And bores through the rocks, generating a small tunnel... And returns shortly-

<Toothless: "... What did you see out there?">

<Bottles: "Only the luckiest find ever! Look at this!">

-And shows off a rock with a musical-note shaped marking on it-

<Riana: "... Huh?">

<Eir: "... What.">

<"... I think he meant in terms of a place, Bottles..." >_> >

<Bottles: "Oh, there's some other caves there. They all lead to one room for some reason...">

Mainframe Room

Skye: (In a most-definitely not fine, very concerned tone) <Yes, pefrectly fine! Nothing concerning me at all!>

-Psyche narrows her eyes-

Psyche: "You're most definitely not fine... But I can't really make out anything in your mind."

Stratus: <Hmm...Does that found familiar, or is it just me?>

Lake: <It does sound like that cave we found after going through the Space Tunnel, which could mean...>

Luke: <Wait, there could be a Space Tunnel behind here? Like the ones we used in the AU?>

-Lake nods-

Lake: <Same ones, in fact! They all lead back to the Sinnoh Tribe grounds! Even if they don't live there anymore.>

Stratus: <We used one of them to get here from Celadon in the first place!>

Luke: <Ooh...>

By The Portal

Skye: <Please, just stop worrying about me!>

Eskay: <...Skye, you know that's something we can't stop doing. Especially me. So please, tell us what's wrong...>

Skye: <...>

Whereever Eskay is

Psyche: "Seriously just tell us. Or we're going to keep asking you~"

-Psyche starts poking Skye-

Near the Portal

Skye: <Please, just stop pestering me about it!>

Eskay: <...This is about Luke, isn't it?>

Skye remains silent. Meanwhile, Spectrum is back to violationg the Fourth Wall.

Spectrum: (To Hitmonchan) <I gave it to her. I'll gladly give you one, if you want.>

Where ever Eskay is

"Ooh, spill girl."

Near the Portal

Skye: <...You should know... You were there for that little... episode...>

Tears start forming in her eyes.

Meanwhile, Spectrum is poked.

Spectrum: <...Hello...>

Wherever Eskay is

Psyche and Selene huggle Skye. "Sorry..."

Near the Portal

Spectrum doubles over, shocked.

Spectrum: <... ...  ...   >

Spectrum goes to where nobody can see her, then...

Spectrum used Aerial Ace!

In Front of a Portal - PEFE-That-Was

<"... Celadon? They still go there? And how'd you find one anyways?">

< "Well... There's a fast way for us to find out about that...">

GENE USED FISSURE!

-And the rocks are dropped into a chasm, filling it up and revealing a cave passageway-

In Front Of A Portal

You know...we're lucky that didn't end in a cave-in.

Muddy: That would really ruin our day.

In Front of a Passageway - PEFE-That-Was

<Gene: "Meh, even if it did. I could still get there. It would just take slightly longer...">

<Toothless: "How does he do that anyways?">

-And we proceed in-

Near the Portal

Spectrum: <   Before you go, listen to what I have to say... I was trying to be nice. I'm known for my usually-cheerful attitude. You? You shot that down instantly. Keep it up, and you're gonna end up getting yourself killed... You're lucky I stopped after one attack.   >

She then goes back to the main group, leaving the fourth wall alone... unless something else happens.

Deep Within PEFE-B

While working on reestablishing some terminals, Silentran♂ feels an urge to nibble on somemon's arm and remind them about universes with or without 10charlimit. He decides to bite whoever this is across the Fourth Wall.

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

His job done, Silentran♂ returns to update the terminals with the one disc of Debian 11 that could be found within the facilities. It was somewhere between a collection of the Pokéverse equivalent of The Beatles.

The Silentran♂ smiles cutely at nowhere.

Meanwhile in the Golden Forests, One Hour Ago

A Nidoran patrol is wandering across the route to the north, when they notice in the distance a Lickitung walking towards them, a Tauros-led cart by his side.

Nidorino patroller -frowns: <...Again with [those] guys?>

Some minutes later, the Lickitung and his cart, which contains one [big box], are headed towards the feeding grounds of the forest, where some other mons are also being called in. Valatos is so definitively NOT among them.