Topic: Holon Arc!

So... this will be the thread for the planning of the possible future Holon arc.

Yaaaay.

Re: Holon Arc!

I found someone's drawing of what Holon may look like. Not sure how accurate it is.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/ … 3d1fv7.png

Hmm... the overall idea of playing an arc in the setting of the Holon region is interesting, mostly because it's something that 99% of the fanfics and RPs lack, but the vagueness the canon offers on it and what possible plots can we take onto it... I feel like with our previous history of poor arc GMing it can backfire horribly, unless the arc is pretty loose. Also I assume we won't be doing an arc of srs bsns card games! :p

I probably won't be here for when the arc plays, but I think I can leave some random details:

* The whole thing about Holon being north of Kanto is mostly fanon I think but it is something that can benefit us. If it is nearby north of Kanto then it is probably neighbour of Rota (Movie 8), otherwise we can place it "to the other side" of the continent where Kanjoh is (since it is presumed to be  a coastal region).
* Magnetic storms, isolated island chains and random labs might provide a way to get some things done as miniarcs if for some reason we want to make Holon a major arc. I feel like Separation could go there without much of an issue.
* $3 says Ardos will finally make himself present in RP there!
* As to how to get there, a part of me says train, for some reason. Magnetic storms might preempt mass flying, which could help with Separation if we carry it out, and still provide us at least some goal to reach otherwise. And yeah, trains have some charm.
* Mew is an important part of Holon history. Let's hope it's not a [certain] Mew though! ~blip~

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Funny thing, my only contribution to plot ideas was that it might involve Ardos taking over the labs or something. :P

I think we could do a lot of things with the Crystal island and the Holon ruins too. And if there are indeed ghosts somewhere in the region, maybe somemon could get posessed? There's also the Dragon Island.

Tagg found this:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/032/e/d/edfad66566735763ce9f1f7b4c588b11-d4odu2y.png

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Here's the key:

Key
A - Holon City
B - Mirage Forest
C - Holon Lake
D - Holon River
E - West Mountains
F - Delta River
G - East Mountains
H - Mirage River
I - Mysterious Island
J - Delta Islands
K - Guardian Creek
L - Mystery Creek
M - Metal Creek

I like that map, but it lacks the dragon island, and the Pokeball shape of Holon City+Mirage Forest. The mountains also go around the lake.

Yay, I made one!

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m321/Crosby1029/HolonMap.png

Key:

Black - Lab/city
Orange - Mountains
Blue - Lake/water
Mossy green - Swamp/marshlands
Darker green - forest
Yellow - farm/farming community
Gray - ruins
Brown - civilian town (the one by the ruins has adventurers and stuff, the one by the river has collectors and such)
Dark blue - Ocean
Purple - that crystal island place

Yes, I'm missing stuff, no, I didn't give anything a shape, because I do not have enough drawing skill. This is mostly just the basic geography as I see it.

One concern people had was the fact that the arc could be used as an excuse for catching Deltas. Well, the solution could be the magnetic storms - no doubt one would screw with the Pokeball system, and they're most likely frequent enough to completely prevent them from working until a while after you leave the area.

[Spectrum was here!]

The TCG pages for the Delta Species sets have a little info on the background of the area.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ … _%28TCG%29

Look, I made a map too!
http://i.imgur.com/qOekn.png
I didn't put too much detail into the landscape, just stuff in general. The southern mountains are those north of Kanto, and they extend to the west where they're more populated. The Mirage Forest is the plain green, covering much of the region. The swamp is the dark turqoise, and the lake is the secluded blue. There's plains of some sort near the northern shore, and far inland is a desert.

The Mysterious Island is one of those "inaccessible secluded valleys" that might have magnetic storms preventing Flying.

That map looks good, but it's missing the island chain. Also, I thought Holon was an island?

The Distant Island Chain is said to be beyond the horizon, which even as an exaggeration wouldn't place it on any Holon map. And no, it's not specifically stated that it is or is not an island itself.

@Crewe's map: That looks pretty similar to how I was picturing Holon, minus the shape. The only issue I have with it is that the river going through Holon City is supposed to go straight through it.

Yeah, shapes are hard on Paintbrush. The actual shape isn't really important, and it can be changed.

I can just move the river so it goes a little farther into the forest to make it more of a straight line, but it does cut through the city itself in a straight line, it just curves outside.

17 (edited by BittersweetNSour 2012-09-07 19:13:35)

So I made a map. Here.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg563/Eskay64/BDA9C4DF-F97F-47C9-9C94-BF8D374A5F48-397-0000002BC45EA566.jpg

[Spectrum was here!]

I like this map, though two things:

1. The Holon Ruins are in the wrong spot.  They are just outside the city, bordering Mirage Forest as seen http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ … n_City.jpg here.

2. The Marsh is missing. It goes between Holon Lake and Mirage Forest. So basically where the Holon Ruins are now.

19 (edited by BittersweetNSour 2012-09-09 04:19:30)

All right, made those edits.

http://i47.tinypic.com/6iaepz.jpg

[Spectrum was here!]

The edit was kind of lazy... you could at least fill in the small amounts of adjacent grassland with the marsh. Other than that, I think that the Mysterious Island should be a solitary one a bit closer to Holon than the Chain.

Since it was brought up in the chat that it kinda looks a little too populated, it may be a good idea to trim down the number of towns. Also, Holon City would not be industrialized, since they're depicted as having stone buildings around the tower.

22 (edited by BittersweetNSour 2012-09-18 22:49:19)

All right. Made those edits:

http://i45.tinypic.com/f3cbap.png

Also, I had yet another idea for some world building.

You know how we have the Cubone tribes and the Nido colonies?

Well... let's pull the Warrior Cats into the mix.

For those of you who haven't read the series yet, look at the trope page to get the gist of it.

Now, how do we implement it into WAAPT, and specifically Holon?

Well, take ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, and ShadowClan. Now give each types that match - Electric, Water, Flying, and Dark. Now stick them onto feline mons as Delta types.

Now, they don't have to be specifically those types. ShadowClan could be willing to accept Ghost-types, RiverClan could be accepting of Ice-types, WindClan of Normal-types, and ThunderClan of... well, considering how open-minded their book counterparts are, they'd probably be willing to accept any type that the others would shun.

As for some history of the Clans, the WAAPT incarnations would be a Flying-type Persian (Not literally able to fly; think Gyarados in cat form) for WindClan, a Water-type Delcatty for RiverClan, a non-Delta Liepard for ShadowClan, and a non-Delta Luxray for ThunderClan. The founders of the three clans in their legends - LionClan, TigerClan, and LeopardClan - would have been Entei, Raikou, and Suicune respectively. Of course, those are only legends, and the beasts never actually did get involved with the Clans.

Thoughts? Concerns? Etc.?

[Spectrum was here!]

I think you mean Ice in that second part about Riverclan.

So would there be any mons named after the cats from the games? If so, I'd probably want to RP the Stormfur and Leafpool ones, since those were my favorite characters.

Oooh, I love those books, even if I never read the most recent, like, three arcs or something.

I'm all for it; though I'd prefer we don't pull characters from the books themselves.

Okay, I think I've figured out how Deltafication would work.

As stated before, extended exposure to the radiation can eventually Deltafy. However, it occurs almost instantly... when the mon in question is either evolving or hatching; remember, in the TCG, it's perfectly possible to evolve a normal mon into a Delta mon or vice versa. Why? Well, they're already changing rapidly during evolution; it's reasonable to assume they'd be vulnerable to changes from external sources.

If anyone sees any problems, has suggestions, etc., speak now or forever hold your peace.

[Spectrum was here!]