Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

Party HQ

-Shahinne trills contently at Frightful and makes herself comfortable besides the larger bird-

Shahinne: <Thanks~> -looks at the sun briefly- <It's very warm, it's like taking a nap with mom~>

Harriet -coughs: <Yeah... that's another reason why she doesn't learn her techniques...>

-Copahue cranes his head closer to Harriet's, looking somewhat flustered-

Copahue: <Why you always nap with her and not with me?> >.<

-Harriet pecks Copahue's crest in response-

-Silent notices Shahinne resting with Frightful, raises an eyebrow-

"You are going to teach her that?"

Shahinne -to Frightful: <I never learn~> -- smiles.

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

702 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-09-19 14:34:58)

Party HQ

-Frightful finishes her tea as Shahinne chirps her response-
Frightful: -to Silent- <Well, I'm going to try.>

-For a few moments, Frightful looks thoughtful.-

-to the group in general- <It is unfortunate that this won't but a few more minutes. And I promised Ren not to use my attacks at the PEFE unless I was teaching Shahinne or helping Silent or his coworkers - so not to accidentally  cause property damage...>

-Frightful gives a brief conspiratorial wink a Silent before continuing.-

<I suppose that if Shahinne here wanted to try to learn Sunny Day I could keep the sun shining brightly all afternoon, but since Shahinne doesn't want to learn, well I suppose I should be on my way after the party is over.>

-Frightful sighs a bit-

<It's a shame though. Ren would have been so pleased if Shahinne learned Sunny Day. He might have given her a small bag of nuts as a reward the next time he saw her.>

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

Party HQ

-Shahinne puffs her plumage at Frightful thinking of teaching her; Silent knows well enough to just sit and enjoy the show when he recognizes the 'wink'.-

"I think that it's good that you want to teach her and I think you can be very careful..."

-Meanwhile in the background…-

Harriet -concernedly: <…that we also spent a lot of time over Faith's rooftop?>

Copahue: <We had to share the rooftop with other mons all the time.> >.<

Harriet: <Well what did you want?> -- bats a wing exasperated.

Copahue: <…Uhm...>

-Silent and Shahinne listen to the part about the Starly not wanting to learn-

"…but I guess I can understand if Shahinne is too busy to learn."

Shahinne: <What? No...!> o.o -- to Frightful -- <B-b-but it's my present! ...Do you have to gooooo?>

-The Starly stands up in front of Frightful and chirps in a high-pitched tone trying to keep the Talonflame focused on her-

Shahinne: <B-b-b-but I can get nuts from it! Pleaaaaaase?> -- hops around -- <Mom! Dad! I want my present!>

"Well Shahinne if you want your present you have to say something to Frightful, isn't it right Frightful?" -- winks.

-Harriet and Copahue are too busy arguing about offscreen nuzzles to pay her much attention though-

704 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-09-19 19:23:38)

Frightful: -nodding knowingly at Silent- <That is correct, Silent.>

-so the frantic Starly can hear her- <If Shahinne is willing to learn, I suppose I should stick around and make sure she's absorbed the basics of Sunny Day - then return and alert Ren that Shahinne can perform Sunny Day so he can prepare a reward...>

-Frightful turns and looks directly at Shahinne- <Well Shahinne, do you want to try and learn Sunny Day, or...?>

-Frightful leaves the rest of the question hanging in hopes of allowing Shahinne's imagination to fill it in with a scenario where she wont get a reward of nuts - or at least a scenario that would prompt her to learn Sunny Day.-

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

Party HQ

Shahinne -tilts head: <If I want to learn...?>

Sol -shrugs: <Well, this will probably your only chance Shahinne. You know that power helps against the cold, right? Cold is very bad for birds... and cats.>

-Shahinne thinks for a moment about what could happen if she was in a place very very VERY cold...-

Shahinne's Scenario

-It's a dark and stormy night of winter. The coldest winter ever remembered in PEFE HQ. The internal thermoregulation systems were stuck on "Polar North" as if the cold outside was not enough to deal with, so there was a windy snowstorm both outside of the facility and inside-

-Pretty much the only Pokémon happy with the situation was Icicle, the Glaceon associated to the Morendo family. The rest of the Pokémon were either trying to survive as they could, or part of an all-white memory...-

-Shahinne managed to dig up from her personal pile of snow, coughing and freezing. She felt very cold and needed to look out for food and warmth, so bracing against the gelid winds she headed to Silent's room where his bag was stored. It was a painfully slow walk that required all of the Starly's concentration.-

-She looked around the room. Several computers were turned on, and it was so cold inside that the machines were running at peak efficiency. Still, the cold was a threat to each and every lifeform, so even the PEFEgons working in the facility were hidden behind seven proxies to escape the harsh winter.-

Shahinne: <Here they are!>

-Shahinne manages to climb to a desk where the bag is, and peeks inside looking for food. But all she finds is...-

-frozen nuts.-

Shahinne: <Oh noes... Oh noes...> -- shakes head.

-She has to think fast, not expose herself to the cold very much. She didn't get nuts, and that's terrible! But also there was the cold.-

-She needed to react fast if she wanted to get back home and survive...-

Shahinne: <I wasted too much energy... It's too cold... I need a nap!>

-And there she goes again, outside this time, headed to her family's nest. Step after step she endures against the white wind that doesn't let her see much beyond her beak, as if she would be able to see anything that wasn't piles of white everywhere, marking the spots where various Pokémon had succumbed to eternal sleep of the cold; fortunately she knows the road there from memory.-

-Just a couple of steps from the nest, Shahinne sees two bird-like figures towering above herself, she knows them well and she knows they will provide safety, warmth and care-

Shahinne: <Mommy! Daddy!> -- trills with difficulty.

-She inches closer to the figures, barely able to see... and when she finally reaches them for a hug...-

-she is met with an icy, solid, uncaring touch.-

Shahinne: <...Mom? Dad?>

-Shahinne looks in front of her and up...-

-…and meets Copahue and Harriet, long frozen solid into statues shaped like themselves.-

-Like everything else.-

Shahinne -shrieks to the skies: <NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!>

Party HQ

-Shahinne has her eyes wide open and hops in front of Frightful-

Shahinne: <I don't want the cold! I want my nuts and a hug! You are going to teach me, pleaaaaase?>

-She hops a lot and punctuates her intention by leaping up to Frightful's chest and clinging to it-

Shahinne: <Teach me and you can be Unofficial Aunt Two!> ^.^

-Her new burst of energy doesn't go unnoticed-

Sunny Day!Ichtacya -still running circles: <I like that attitude atta go you are doing very fine Shahinne can I get some food or what? Sol are you done with the cookie jar? Because I want a cookie and then I want some meat. Who doesn't want meat?>

"Hmmm... I guess that worked well enough. Frightful, do you mind?"

Party HQ

Frightful: -pleasantly- <Of course I'll teach her.>

-to Shahinne- <We can get started as soon as my last Sunny Day fades.>

-As Frightful says this, the effects of her previous Sunny Day fades, with the sun taking it normal radiance and a pleasant looking cloud starts to move slowly in to view.-

Frightful: <Which seems to be now, apparently.> ^V^;;

Party HQ

-Silent looks up-

"Isn't that convenient?"

-Ichtacya stops on her tracks and lies on the ground to rest-

Calm!Ichtacya: <Ufff... thanks Celebi, I was starting to grow annoyed of the hyperactivity...> -- yawns.

"Okay, remember Shahinne, you have to be a good host and entertain your guests. That means being well-behaved."

-Shahinne nods, dutifully sits in front of Frightful for a class on Sunny Day-

708 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-09-20 03:34:39)

Party HQ

Frightful: <So, since we all know what Sunny Day actually does. I'll skip directly into Sunny Day 201: How to use Sunny Day. First off you need too...

Party HQ, One interesting lesson later for a young bird-mon that teaches said really adorable, yet self-centered bird-mon to manipulate the weather at her whims

-Okay, who wrote that header?-

Somewhere other than Party HQ

Keys: <I did!>

Party HQ

-*Sigh*-

Frightful: <... so that means that while the effects are the same for every personmon who uses Sunny Day the way it manifests can be very different.>

-Frightful looks up at the fluffy white clouds pleasantly drifting overhead.-

Frightful: -to Shahinne- <Now, why don't you try to use Sunny Day? I'll watch and let you know how you do.>

Party HQ some time ago

Shahinne hops around for a while and starts FOCUSING. As in, she stays in place staring at the sky.

Shahinne♀: <....Um...?> -- tilts head.

Since after a while nothing happens, she starts FOCUSING HARDER.

It takes a little while for a small orange-ish orb to form in the sky, and it gives a bit of warmth.

Sol♀: <Oh dear what have we done...> -- shakes herself -- <I mean yay, go Shahinne!>

Shahinne: <Look, mom! No hands!> ^.^

Harriet looks somewhat impressed that she managed to do it. Considering that, you know, she trains very little.

Shahinne learned Sunny Day!

"Well, you still have to improve it," Silent observes as the heat ball starts to dissipate already. "You'll have time and [nuts] for that."

-to Frightful-

"Thanks for everything."

Sol: <Hey do you know if Ren is hiring for any [jobs]?>

Party HQ, Past

-As Shahinne successfully learns Sunny Day, Frightful flaps her wings happily.-

Frightful: -to Shahinne- <Wonderful! You've done it!>

-to Silent- <No problem at all.>

-to Sol- <Not that I know of, why?>

PEFE Goldenrod Branch, Present

-Ren, Kitsune, and Rio enter and inquire at reception if Silent is available for meeting. Ren is notably - to those familiar with his normal way of dressing at least - that while Ren is dressed formally, his outfit is more subdued and normal.-

Kitsune: -at Rio- ~He really needed a distraction, huh?~

Rio: -at Kitsune- ~Indeed he did.~

Party HQ, the past

Sol -waves a paw: <Nothing particular, I just know that Ren pays for jobs pretty well.>

Ichtacya: <Yeah, like with bags of nuts~>

PEFE Goldenrod, the Present

-The receptionist looks Ren up and down, then checks the staff manifests-

Receptionist: "It says here that Mr. Silent left the building ten minutes ago headed to the storagehouse across the street, so he should be there right now. You could cross the street and-" -- he points out in the given direction, notices something, -- "-well, actually you could just follow [that] Pokémon."

"That Pokémon" being Algira the Masquerain who is fluttering around outside while doing small talk with a Mawile.

PEFE Goldenrod Storagehouse

In fact Silent is up there at the rooftop coop, cleaning stuff with with one or two interns. A given [Nidoran♂] that has not seen screentime in a while is sprawled on his head, and Pokéteco, Silent's old Noctowl, is napping outside.

Party HQ, Past

Frightful: <Oh. Yeah. I heard about that... I don't think he is at the moment, but I'll make sure that Ren will let you know if he needs help.>

Ren: -to the Receptionist- Ah. Thank you.

-Ren and his mon turn and head outside.-

Ren: -to Algira- Hello, I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I was told you might know where Silent is.

-After a brief pause Ren continues.-

If I'm remembering correctly, I saw you in Snowbelle with Silent, but I never caught your name.

-Algira turns around when Ren talks to her and spins clockcounterwise for a moment-

Algira♀: <Oooh yes! I recall you from when it was very cold.> -- straightens up and hovers for a while -- <I'm Algira and that's Lemures.>

Lemures the Mawile -blinks: <Uhm... h-hey?> -- waves, turns to Algira -- <Uh, d-does this human understand our language?>

Algira♀: <Yeah, don't worry...> -- floats around Ren for a moment -- <You are looking for Silent? He's up there! Let's go! I'll guide you~>

-Algira temporarily attaches herself to Ren's team-

Renard obtains a
Navi [Companion Fairy]!

-The Mawile just looks at Ren dumbfounded while Algira guides him to the ladders outside the storage building-

-Keys sticks his face out Ren pocket-

Keys: <If she starts yelling "Hey!", "Look!", or "Listen!"; she's going right into a bottle.>

Ren: -following the Masquerain- Thank you, Algira.

Kitsune: -eying the ladder- <I bring the rest of us up!>

-With a fwish; Kitsune, Rio, and possibly Lemures vanish...

PEFE Goldenrod Storagehouse

-... and appear here, most likely near Silent and his crew.-

Storage House, rooftop

Algira♀ -nervously as she materializes: <Watch out!> ^.^

-A certain Nidoran♂'s ears pick up the new presences and he looks around, noticing the new people and the big Ninetales.

Maekrite: <...Hey! What are you doing up here?> -- leers.

-Silent turns around, as do the other Pokémon around-

Algira♀: <We have visitors~> :3

Pokéteco the Noctowl♂: <Hmmm? Algira you are not supposed to bri-oh?> -- tilts head -- <Where did you come from?>

"Oh, visitors...? Heh, if isn't it Ren...?" -- goes greet him -- "What are you doing here?"

-Pokéteco follows behind Silent, leaving the interns to keep cleaning the coop-

"Okay, Pokéteco this is Renard, he's a trainer-also-coordinator and has been travelling around Kalos recently. Those are his Pokémon. Guys, this is Pokéteco, one of my retired partners."

Pokéteco♂: <Uhm, hi.> -- waves a wing to Rio.

"And up here's Maekrite, my Nidorino-slash-Nidoking-slash-Nidoran. Say hi, kit."

-Maekrite merely grumbles and shakes his ears at Ren and his group, sniffs at them with mild curiosity-

"Don't mind the colored marks. So, what are you doing here? Could have called, wouldn't have had to watch all this mess..."

-And points to the coop around, which is being disassembled and cleaned by Silent's group of interns and other Goldenrod personnel.

716 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-10-25 18:53:16)

-Keys does the Klefki equivalent of a fist shake at Algria.-

-Rio waves back at Pokéteco.-

-As Silent approaches, Kitsune takes the opportunity to get a closer look and the Nido on Silent's head.-

Kitsune: -to no one in particular- <Those markings look a bit like Sticy Lips'.>

-Ren holds out his hand to Silent.-

Ren: I'm not sure if you saw my message the other day, but let's just say that recent events have restricted my traveling options and made me desire some distractions.  -_-

-Glances at the work being done on the coop.-

-dryly- My family has a ranch. I've seen worse.

-switching gears- The reason I'm here is that Gamma and I want to offer PEFE rights to publish a Monese translator program Gamma wrote last year. I thought you would be a good person to start pitching the idea to.

-Algira ignores Keys for the time being and flutters around, doing companion fairy work-

Maekrite -to Kitsune: <I've heard the name, Sol mentioned it. But I consider myself unique. I'm Maekrite.> -- waves a paw.

-to Kitsune-

"Kit got branded as an EX-mon some time ago. We try to not make noise about it, though." -- he listens as Ren explains the situation -- "Well if you desire distractions, I think I can provide a few. We're relatively pretty 'normal' like that"

-Maekrite slaps Silent's head with a paw-

"Sans the kit here, of course."

Pokéteco -to Rio: <Hey back, big pup.>

-The three peoplemons listen to the Monese translator part, with Maekrite and Silent sharing a couple of implied glances-

Maekrite: <Uhm... monese translator. I heard about some silly guys in Hoenn trying to make one?>

Maekrite -leerily: <That was old school. So this is some new kind of machinery?>

-Silent ponders for a moment-

"Well... a Monese translation proposal would surely raise a lot of associated research. By all means I'll consider it. What exactly are we talking about here?"

718 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-10-25 22:20:56)

Kitsune: <Hello Maekrite. Sticy Lips is a Lickilicky that helped Ren out a while ago. He might have been an EX-mon too.>

Ren: -to Silent- Yes. Devon Corp has been trying for years to make a monese translator - and unsuccessfully at that.

-Ren takes out his tablet. While it has been unstated, Gamma has integrated with Ren's tablet.-

Ren: Regardless, the way this translator works is similar to that of an app. The way Gamma wrote a program that it mimics the actions he took while acting as a translator for me when I first joined the team - the monese is received by a microphone and the sound data was interpreted by Gamma, who was intergrated with my tablet at the time. Gamma then used a basic voice synthesizer to relay the translated monese in [English].

-Ren points at a microphone accessory attached to the tablet.-

This is a high-reception microphone, allowing for sounds inaudible to humans to be translated. Gamma has also since patched the program so that it supports algorithms that try to replicate vocal nuances - Like sarcasm, hesitation, etcetera - as well as trying to replicate invidual mons' voices with a high-end voice synthesizer. The down side to all the patches is that is has made the program so complicated, the translator's program can only be handled by Porygon-line mon.

-Silent and Pokéteco immediately put all their attention on the project. Maekrite doesn't seem too interested and contents himself with basking on Silent's head and giving periodic glances at Rio and Kitsune-

Pokéteco: <So, if I understand correctly, the machine thing runs via Gamma? That's impressive.>

"We tend to do that around here." -- to Ren -- "You have seen our PEFEgons?"

-Silent and Pokéteco run some basic questions through Ren for the demonstration-

Pokéteco: <So this can hear a lot? How will it know not to translate private conversations?>

"Shouldn't it be possile to make trasnslation easier and less clunky by using a camera to read body language as well?"

-As they hear more about the language replication features, Silent and Pokéteco share a knowing glance-

Pokéteco: <Oooh... sarcasm?>

"Yeah, sarcasm... Can we try it?" :3

Maekrite♂: <Bah, nothing beats a good growl.>

720 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-10-25 23:01:07)

Ren: -answering questions- Not via Gamma, but via a non-sentient program that uses complicated algorithms made by Gamma. In fact, the program doesn't need a Porygon-line mon to function beyond installation - but having one to insure that no errors occur at bad moments really helps. As for the microphone and private conversation questions, I've tweaked the settings so that stuff that I'm not trying to hear doesn't register very well - and that's another perk of having a Porygon integrated with the hardware, since a Porygon can help determine what is filtered into the translator.

Gamma: -from inside the tablet- Affirmative, Mister Silent. Adding a camera's support would do that. However, I determined that due to most personal devices are not kept in the open, that adding additional algorithms for a camera would be inefficient.

-Ren and Gamma sweatdrop at Silent and Pokéteco.-

Ren: I guess... But even Gamma admits the program's algorithms still need tuning in some areas

Gamma: Affirmative.

-Ren hands the tablet and a set headphones to Silent.-

"I see. I'm guessing any Pokémon that can interact with the device with enough a degree of instantaneousness would help, though I'm guessing that would limit the help mostly to Psychic-types. Anyway, Pokéteco... we are going to test the sarcasm detection, do the [honors] please?"

-Silent lowers the tablet closer to Pokéteco, who puffs his chest and waits for a moment before letting out a phrase-

Pokéteco: <Ooooh, a device that translates Monese to human! Totally impressive and novel!>

-Gamma brings up an "一_一" on the screen.-

Gamma:
-somehow conveying slight indignation- I understand that pokeforms do make this program redundant, but not everyone has - or should have - access to an Armband or one of Miss Deziree's Bracelets... However diagnostics show that high levels of sarcasm were detected in the previous incoming sound data.

Ren: Gamma, I think you might be being overly literal again.

Pokéteco: <Oooh... well, it seems to be well-informed.>

"Hmmm, I'd say that component is working perfectly, Gamma, thank you very much." -- to Ren -- "And yes it is well-informed."

-Silent looks around as his staffers are still working-

"Would you rather we move somewhere else if you want to speak more privately, Ren? Or are you okay with us staying here? What else would you like to ask?"

Ren: We should probably move some where more private to discuss details. And we should find someone who works for the PEFE to "test" this. As Gamma said, the device is redundant for us, but any sort of attempt to mass produce this as a product will need a variety testers for copyright and patent purposes. Can you think of any PEFE employees that would be suitable?

-Silent's interns are somewhat busy brushing and combing around the coop, not paying attention to the conversation. Zukov is going through the nests, Dëvich cleaning the walls, and Firuz not being around because he is busy far away being a MAN of exploration in the wild lands that some time in the future of the RP shall be called Firuzland.-

-...of which I should write about sometime, I guess.-

-Silent meanwhile dedicates himself to think for a moment-

"Hmmm... an employee..."

-The interns keep idly cleaning and moving stuff around-

"...for running tests..."

-Dëvich and Orenda exchange tasks for a moment while Zukov stops for a drink-

"...For science... a volunteer..."

-Maekrite's ears pick up and he glares at the interns, who at that moment seem to perceive they are being talked about. They start to shudder for a moment and avoid looking back at Silent and Maekrite directly; instead, they quickly and dutifully find themselves back at their given tasks.-

-In response, Silent shrugs; Maekrite meanwhile keeps glaring at the interns-

"Hmmm... I don't think I have any available at the moment. But-" -- turns his head to Ren, causing Maekrite to shake -- "I think we can get someone from Phisiological Research to assist."

-The interns, very happy to be let off the hook, whistle and continue their more mundane tasks, glad to not be sent on Yet Another Volunteer Mission. Maekrite paws at Silent for turning his head around and wriggles a bit on his hair to get a look to the interns again-

Maekrite -rather hissingly: <Cowards.>