Topic: Other ORAS Spoilers Thread

This thread is for ideas for talking about ideas for spoilers that happen up to the Hoenn E4 in ORAS, as well as ideas based on them for use in the RP. Delta Episode and other post game spoilers should be kept in the thread started by Eskay/ Bitter.

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

Re: Other ORAS Spoilers Thread

How do we plan on tackling Mauville and Mauville Lore as portrayed in ORAS? Especially with all the hints and drops in the Sea Mauville wreck that implies that Mauville was once a very powerful company that has numerous established NPCs under it's belt like Wattson as well as the high possibility that it once possessed technology similar to the Devastating Machine used by AZ. I think there is a lot of potential for some interesting stuff in regards with the Mauville lore (and I am planning on having Cleo talk about them at some point)

"Oh Bassy, I do love red the most. Hair, clothes, lipstick, I love them to be red. The more flamboyant a woman is, the more she's as beautiful as a poisonous flower, right?"

3 (edited by Tangent128 2014-12-10 07:24:58)

If I recall correctly, New Mauville wasn't really touched in Hoenn-1, so we can do something there.

Since Sea Mauville was renamed from the Abandoned Ship, how about we split them into separate locations for Hoenn-2? (IIRC the Ship was involved in the whole Depthcharge kerfluffle?)

While it's kinda fallen from focus, I imagine that post-war Mauville in RtAU will/would be built along Mallville lines. :P

(Wondering if Ryklys should be given Shelley's role backstory-wise. Or if there are just jokes about how people used to mix them up all the time. ;) )

Sanity is precious; use it sparingly.

So, remember that D!Post for a while back? Here are the questions/thoughts I had:

- Hoenn and Kalos are said to have a close friendship in these games. How do we explain why this hasn't been brought up in the RP before?

- On a similar note, how are we handling changes to characters' backstories/personalities in these games? Archie and Maxie come to mind here, since their portrayal in these games are rather different from how we knew them.

- The changes to Mauville can probably be explained as Wattson finally having been able to convert the entirety of the city like he wanted?

- How'd Granite Cave's layout change so much?

-On that note, have we decided on how to reference the changes to Hoenn's lore?

- The Pokéblock kit and Berry Blenders in the Contest Halls no longer being in use could be explained as the portable Pokéblock making tool being much more convenient and making better Pokéblocks in less time?

- In these games, the cell phone feature on Emerald's Pokénav is said to still be in development, but in the RP, I'm guessing it's reasonable to assume that the Dex Nav features are recently developed features while the features from Emerald are nothing new.

- Also, how do we take the climate changes caused by Team Magma/Aqua into account, since their actions apparently led to more species of Pokémon being able to live in the region?

- Again with the subject of Team Magma/Aqua, should Maxie and Archie be more active in trying to settle differences between their teams in this arc, assuming there's trouble with the teams yet again?

- Delta Episode is already being discussed in another thread, and I've already shared some thoughts in there, so no need for that particular thing here.

- Will Mr. Bonding's bizarre Origin Story be referenced in any way, shape or form?

- When did the hot springs in Lavaridge supposedly become "For Pokémon Only"?

- Since scuba gear is required to use Dive in these games, how do we explain that?

DS:

In order, skipping the Delta Episode point...

- I'd be willing to say that's the same reason as why we never talked about new Pokemon: It was always there, we just didn't know about it

- There's been talk about having these changes be on new characters resembling Archie and Maxie. That, or they try something like this again, but I'm not sure where my opinion falls on that yet.

- That's probably the best explanation, yeah.

- Not sure on that

- Also unsure on that

- That works, yeah.

- As does that.

- Hm... Could we argue the same thing happened with the Mt. Pyre incident or would that be too weird?

- Archie and Maxie trying to settle differences could be interesting, though that depends how we handle the teams

- Still haven't done that bit, so can't comment on it

- Sometime in the past two years, probably? Not sure what would have caused it, though...

- Maybe that the air bubble thing is possible but it's easier on the Pokemon if you use Scuba Gear for yourself?

"Welcome. Do you have some... b u s i n e s s?"

"Halt dein Höllesobst mir fern, Versucher." ~ jedesdummisel