Re: Tabletop Night with Mew

Thank you, let me stick that figure on the board... OK, Smitewoman swings and... misses the Displacer Beast completely! Hearing the song, the beast jumps up and sits two feet to the left of Evarisch's shoulder, hissing at everybody else.

Pennybags: Oh, see?! Those monsters have the deeds to all the land around here! Something needs to be done about that or our corporate synergy is threatened!

Bonfire: Wait wait wait... I thought he was a guy who hunted Aerodactyl! Fine, I fly after him!

Sanity is precious; use it sparingly.

MoN Basement

Honchcrow:  <I thought I mentioned he was an Aerodactyl, but okay.>

<About halfway back to his home, the Aerodactyl notices he is being pursued.>

Aerodactyl: <WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?>

"Welcome. Do you have some... b u s i n e s s?"

"Halt dein Höllesobst mir fern, Versucher." ~ jedesdummisel

-DO DE DOOO♪-

Evarisch the Wanderer Machinegun Bard: "Oooh, I think I saw a pretty kitty♪." -- strikes a chord in his machinegun guitar and starts a cat-luring, lonely-feeling melody that lasts for 2d6 seconds.

"Moon Demon" -does the smoke equivalent of a shying away: <Uhm, okay, so does that mean that the Displacer Beast is one feet to my character's left, or three feet? I'm a bit iffy on the mechanics...>

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Verigan:Oh, a fight...lovely...

Jason:Alright, Verigan joins the fight...and tries...Melf's Acid Arrow, which should, if it hits...last for 2 d6 rounds and cause...3 damage per turn.

I am the Blue Star of the night! I fight for JUSTICE!

Mew: -peeks over her screen- ...are you sure..? I mean, the Beast is on Evarisch's shoulder... or at least, within a few feet thereof.

Bonfire: Stop, Communist!

Jason:Oh...hm...Alright...nevermind..

Verigan:-just kinda stares.-

I am the Blue Star of the night! I fight for JUSTICE!

-The Moon Demon stares somewhat dumbfounded, blinks and coughs-

Evarisch the Nearly Melted Bard: "...Dudes, I have a song for you. It's called Please Don't Kill The Bard." - plays a low tune while walking to the closest wall, so that the Displacer Beast has fewer places to escape to.

Moon Demon: <So, how much does this Displacer Beast weigh? I mean, knowing in advance how much loot can we take from the body in advance is a thing, but also it's on my character's shoulder...> -- shrugs -- <or something of the sort. And how much damage to its scratches do per turn?>

133 (edited by BlitzTrain 2015-02-28 17:17:52)

Blitz:  "Um, I don't actually know what a Displacer Beast is, sounds incorporeal though.  So I guess I'm sitting this encounter out, sorry"

BartholeMew: Is there any way we can negotiate with the monsters?

-SMITEWOMAN readies her sword, waiting for the right moment to SMITE the Displacer Beast.

My girlfriend is a Volcarona, your argument is invalid.

MoN Basement

Honchcrow:  <The Aerodactyl gets a bit of a confused expression.>

Aerodactyl: <WHAT'S A COMMUNIST?>

Mew: You can attempt any negotiations you like. The 200-pound Displacer Beast is currently docile from the music, but its scratches do 2d6 damage.

Bonfire: A Communist is anybody I don't like! Also, anybody who doesn't think people should prioritize making money above all else!

MoN Basement

Aerodactyl: <ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE PREPS?>

-BartholeMew attempts to negotiate with the Displacer Beast-

Mew: Oh dear... your negotiation rolled a 1... you can either battle the Displacer Beast, or trade your entire inventory for its Title Deed.

Bonfire: NO! I am a capitalist! Give me your money, goods, and services!

-to Blitz-

Moon Demon: <Well a Displacer Beast is like this figurine I just had placed there...> -- points to his Displacer Beast figurine. -- <Basically a big cat that casts illusions to appear to be somewhere else. And has long whips. Don't ask why.>

-to Bonfire-

<But what good is money if you don't have the stats to spend it?> -- huffs -- <Or if you were evicted to a stillborn universe with no merchants.>

-SMITEWOMAN gets fed up and attempts to SMITE the Displacer Beast-

MoN Basement

Aerodactyl: <CAPITALIST SOUNDS LIKE 'PRPEPY CAPITALISZM!' YOU MUST BE A PREP!>

<AND I SHALL BE HOLDING ON TO MY MONEY, GOODS, AND SERVICES UNTIL I CHOOSE TO EXCHANGE THEM!

Oh so we're using those headers again?

-Evarisch very cautiously and nervously attempts to keep playing the tune that keeps the Displacer Beast placated. Having to confront the possibility of being SMITTEN by proxy before getting to even begin what could be his Magnum Opus along the way-

Evarisch the Bard -sadly: "Poor phantasmal kitten thing, If I ever got to retire to a nice house near the Shire, I'd teach the art of the song to landlords' wives in exchange for milk to give to you." -smirks, plays an autumnal tune -- "And we'd still get to keep the songs."

-The Moon Demon sweatdrops (or the closest thing thereof) at the attempt to SMITE-

“Moon Demon”: <...I think my character would prefer the scratch damage by proxy thank you very much.> -- produces dice -- <Ahem, just in case and because I don't know if the Displacer Beast is on my shoulder or levitating within a few feet thereof I'm gonna roll for evasion...>

-rolls a 1d8 and gets a... whatever the next poster posts-

144 (edited by CorvusAtrox 2015-03-10 12:15:54)

MoN Basement, and I was always using them

-5.2-

MoN Basement

Evarisch the Evading Bard: "Now if you excuse me I'll move to a safer place. Ta-da~"

-and gracefully rolls the opposite direction from the Displacer Beast (and SMITEWOMAN) and out of the way towards a nearby pillar he can hide behind, not without tripping on random Displacer Beast hairballs on the way though-

Selene: Uuuuuuuuh...

Elune: Uuuuuuuuh...

-Satele facepalms as Selene, and by extension her character, Elune, stand dumbfounded at the altercation.-