Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

PEFE HQ, Bottommost Floors

-Lairon walks in to use the scanners first-

Lairon: <Okay okay! I just want to go on!>

-presses a paw against one of the scanners, which produces a beep and a green light; however before the Pokémon can celebrate an ocular reader pops out from the wall-

Lairon: <...You best be the last. I have a date with destiny and I don't want to be late.>

-Firuz turns to Polly-

Firuz -while nervously writing for a graphology sensor- "Sooo... how strict is the security around here really?"

-Firuz's Mawile meanwhile produces her fake ID card and swipes it in for one of the machines-

-BEEP-

Mawile♀: <Aww come on.> -- frowns, tries again.

-BEEP-

Mawile♀ -flaring some Fairy aura a bit: <I'm so getting that Zigzagoon...> -- frowns, tries again.

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Scanner: I know you are Firuz's Mawile, who is in fact authorized at the moment. Can we end this farce?

Polly: -watches the door open, and says hi to some laser-bearing Sharpedo on the other side-

Hey Chompy, hey Bitey, hey Dentifier.

-past the moat is a pedestal, bearing a shiny tablet with intricate circuitlike designs on it-

Well, there we go... the Gaim Rahm.

Sanity is precious; use it sparingly.

Mawile♀: <Hmph. Next time you'll think I'm a superstar.> -- walks into the chambers.

-Firuz looks surprised at the security measures, in particular because they are carrying lasers-

Firuz: "...After months working for people like Dr. Silent and Dr. Tagg, I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to feel surprised anymore..."

-He cautiously waves a hi to one of the lasersharks and then walks past the moat-

-As he and the others do, a faint but regular sound can be heard...-

????: <...rrrrrrrrrrrrr~.... rrrrrrrrrrrr~... rrrrrrrrrr~...>

Firuz: "...Hmmm? Is there some sort of motor running on here?"

-Right past and under the pedestal with the shiny tablet, a faint violet shape can be seen curled on top of a small stack of something that upon closer inspection could be revealed to be books-

Evangeline: <AUGH! Security Breach!>

Mordeur the Sharpedo: <What?! Where?!>

Polly: Is that an... Espeon?!

Mordeur the Sharpedo: <Oh. Her. She's cleared.>

<If only because it was easier than keeping her out.>

-Sol's ears twitch a bit, then she opens one eye and looks at the group-

Sol the DW!Espeon♀: <...Mo~rning.> -- yawns. -- <...What are you doing here?>

-Firuz takes a look-

"...Oh? This is the Espeon that sometimes accompanies Dr. Silent. Haven't seen here in a good while though."

Mawile♀ -inches closer: <...What are you doing here?> -- to the Sharpedos -- <You're saying you knew of this?>

-Sol looks around for a moment and notices all the peoplemons there and the security team-

Sol♀: <...There's a security breach? ...Where?>

Lairon♂: <...Awww.> -- sobs.

Firuz: "...How did she get in here in the first place?"

Mawile♀ -tugs at one of the Sharpedo: <Why is she cleared?>

Dentifier: <It's hard to keep a cat out of a place they want to be. Easier to just, you know, make sure you know where they are.>

Polly: Ugh... this was supposed to be a high security vault... not a reading room...

-Sol stretches and yawns a bit, turns to Evangeline and the others-

Lairon -to Evangeline and the Sharpedos, sobbing: <...This was to be my day of glory...>

Sol♀: <Oh, so that's me...> ^.^ -- <Uhm, it's just that, well, I read in some [posts] that this was a secured and protected place so I came here to study for my next exam...>

-Firuz scratches his head, not exactly understanding anything of what's going on-

-Firuz's Mawile meanwhile goes talk to one of the Sharpedos-

Mawile♀ -to Dentifier: <I've heard there's a... [evil ceremony], that can be used to trap cats.>

Firuz: "What do we do now then? I'm guessing in the least we can take a look at the tablet?"

Sol♀: <...Tablet?> -- starts packing her things.

Evangeline: <There are... a lot of cats in the HQ. Do you know what happened last time somebody tried a cat circle?>

Polly: Um... yeah, you can look at the tablet. Just... don't touch.

-Firuz approaches the pedestal with calculated movements, and stops about an arm leght's short of it, to look at the tome for a moment-

Firuz: From here, it doesn't even look that strange. -- shudders.

Mawile♀: <...Oh? And I wasn't here to witness that. Must have been quite an incident.> -- walks around the inner side of the moat.

Firuz: So... what is this thing supposed to do? What happens if... someone touches it?

Sol♀: <I didn't even realize this was here. Should have known...> -- tilts head -- <I wonder if Tangent knows of it?>

-Lairon meanwhile approaches the pedestal and scratches it, considering he can't exactly climb up to see-

Polly: Well, it a bit of a mystery, but...

-suddenly! A graiser beam fires in on PEFE HQ from another thread, reducing a section of the wall to mere rice paper!-

Evangeline: <What?! SECURITY BREACH FOR REAL!>

-two masked figures punch through the wall along with a Breloom, on an invisible landspeeder mimed by a Mrs. Mime-

Ton: Finally, we're back in some real action!

Sol: Target located!

-he dives towards the Gaim Rahm-

Mordeur: <Stop them!>

-the Sharpedo fire lasers at the intruders, but...-

BreBre: <Reverse Solarbeam!>

-the Breloom absorbs the lasers to make a Flash attack-

PEFE HQ, under attack!

Sol♀: <...Oh noes!> -- flickers ears as she realizes the intruders, drags her bag to the other side of the pedestal -- <...Someone is misusing my name!>

Firuz: W-what is going on!!!!

-Mawile and Lairon immediately get on to the defense by dragging their Trainer closer to the moat to cross to the other side, though they do so bickering a bit about what to do with the current situation-

Lairon: <Fine! I'll get to those guys! They'll pay for further ruining my day!>

-Firuz notices Sol diving towards the pedestal, tries to think fast... looks left and right and down...-

-down...-

-down...-

-Sol (the Espeon)'s jewel suddenly shines.

-However before they can do anything, the Breloom unleashes a Flash attack, blinding at least Firuz and Lairon somewhat. Luckily, Mawile, by cirtue of doing everything looking at the other way, manages to still perceive what's going on-

Mawile♀: <Those intruders! They're heading for the [tome]!>

-Firuz seems to understand some of that, gets to the ground and tries to size up everything around him-

Firuz: Okay NOT SO FAST! I spent two years living in a lawless land! Take THIS!!!

-He grabs the first thing he has available.... which happens to be Sol. I mean, the cat-

Sol♀: <....MEOWWWWW!!!> >_> -- curls into an angry ball of feline doom.

Firuz hurls a [angry Espeon] at the intruder!

It's Ambiguity Time!

(This post spagged with Tangent. Any of a kind of Sols might have been hurt in an ambiguous manner in the making of this post)

-Sol gets hit in by the face by Sol; Sol responds by trying to box Sol on the ears-

-Sol seems to think the ears are not fair game, and lashes at Sol trying to break Sol's balance-

-Sol stumbles, but spins to try and break Sol's hold-

-It takes some effort but Sol manages to hold on if precariously; then Sol tries to take advantage of that to try and aim for Sol's leg to bring Sol to the ground-

-Sol falls, and tries to twist Sol around to break Sol's fall-

-Sol yelps, taken by surprise, and falls to the ground with a thump, followed by the entire weight of Sol on top, restraining Sol who fights back-

-Sol tries to toss Sol across the room-

-Sol sees the move coming and manages to smack Sol in the face-

-Sol exclaims, and tries to approach the Gaim Rahm again-

-Sol recovers and dashes behind to try and trip Sol's legs-

-Sol trips, but knocks the Gaim Rahm off its pedestal-

-Sol gets entangled with Sol and can not move right away, tries instead to squeeze Sol so that Sol can be immobilized-

-Sol unsuccessfully reaches for the tablet, which then gets snatched up by Ton-

-Sol realizes this and changes posture, turns to Sol to try and deal a knock out blow-

-Sol is not knocked out, per se, but is knocked close enough to the moat for the Sharpedo to restrain Sol-

-Ton runs for Presta, who re-mimes an escape ship-

-Lairon meanwhile is still a bit shaken after the Flash, but tries to ram the pedestal to hopefully send it flying towards Ton-

-BreBre Solarbeams the pedestal to try and deflect it-

-Sol attempts to chase after Sol, but seeing the pedestal deflected stops to cast a Reflect on her side to shield Firuz and Polly against the impact-

Polly: STOP THEM!

Ton: Time to go!

-BreBre grabs Sol and drags them to the invisible landspeeder-

Evangeline: -tries to follow, but gets blown back by the winds from the imaginary engines-

Presta: <So long!>

-vrrrrrm!-

Sol♀ (the good one): <They are escaping!>

Mawile♀: <Sound the alarms!>

Lairon♂: <This was supposed to be MY day!> -- paces around.

-Meanwhile, as Sol (the bad one)'s group makes their getaway in the invisible landspeeder, from a perch in the outer PEFE HQ structure a [Sludge Bomb] is fired at them-

Outer PEFE HQ

Helios: -Hearing the alarm- <They're getting away!>

Darner: <We can still catch them!>

-The two Bug types immediately attempt to disable the invisible landspeeder with Bug Buzzes, while a bunch of attacks are launched from other perches-

Garchomp: <No one steals from us and gets away with it! Be glad the Hoenn guys are out!>

-At the same time, a large shadow appears under the escape vehicle-

Outer PEFE HQ

Presta: <Gah, keep the road clear you maniacs!>

BreBre: <Aerial Science Lab Ripple!>

-BreBre spins, firing a 360-degree ring Solarbeam to try and shake pursuit-

-The two Bug types dodge-

Helios: -Uses Heat Wave ahead in an attempt to blind the landspeeder's occupants with steam-

-The shadow gets even bigger, erupting underneath the landspeeder-

Baylene the Wailord♀: <Why didn't you guys invite me to anything sooner?!>

-Above his perch, Maekrite just takes the Solarbeam wave, already diluted; he huffs, knowing he can't engage in pursuit at this distance and in his currently lowest-morph state-

Maekrite -sees the big shadow emerge: <...Oookay that changes things a bit.> -- looks around -- <Anyone can give me a ride?>

-Jumps down and heads to the edge of PEFE Island to fire a Thunderbolt, just in case he gets lucky-

Road to Fallarbor, more or less nowadays-ish

After or before some other ongoing adventures, Silent finds himself exiting the desert and entering the road to Fallarbor. As usual, the veil of falling ash gives the journey both an interesting touch and an extra hindrance. Silent muses about the stuff he has pending to do in Fallarbor and wondering what has been going on in PEFE HQ recently, whereas with having to walk through the entire place and sift through the 20cm or so of ash leveling the road, the team seems to be pretty unhappy-

Ichtacya the Leafeon♀ -licking herself clean: <This is getting boring and repetitive... I can barely get any sunlight.>

Harriet the Honchkrow♀: <This thing is getting in places in between my feathers I didn't even know I had...> >_>

Shahinne the Starly♀: <Uff.... uff.. uff....> -- tries to wade through the layer which sometimes gets about as high as up to her chest...

Algira the Masquerain♀ -stands on Silent's shoulder: <This dust doesn't let me be colorful...> -- shakes herself a bit again.

Dintel the Sandshrew♂: <Wheeee~ I'm a plower~> -- rolls and pushes through the layers of ash ahead.

-...Well, at least someone is happy.-

-Silent sighs, only barely paying attention to the team-

"Guys come on you are getting lazy, Maekrite never complained this much."

-Obviously not. Maekrite liked to complain about other things. Such as about Silent "sucking at this" because he dedicated himself to collect rocks and lost items on the road instead of fighting trainers-

Copahue the Fearow♂ -bats his wings: <Well some of us don't really like this place. At all...>

-Harriet moves aside to let Copahue catch up with her and she stares at him worriedly. The Fearow obviously does not think any highly of this place where, a couple of years ago, he went through a depressive episode that nearly ended with him dead and buried under a pile of ash. The mere fact that the thing just continues to pool around himself and the others as they keep walking makes him reluctant to delve any further into the road, cleaning himself up along the way-

Harriet♀: <Don't worry, there's a...> -- stops to shake dust off her wings -- <house up ahead, we can rest there I guess...>

Copahue♂ -stares down: <We could have gone the other way and-ugh!> -- notices more soot piling up at his talons, shrieks and shakes it off to keep walking.

-Harriet follows after him, the two birds staring eerily at both sides of the road where every feature of the landscape is covered under soot layers and painted the same. Mounds of soot left and right, mounds of soot ahead and behind. It's a nightmarish equalizer.-

Ichtacya♀ -barks to Silent: <We get nothing from this, you know?> -- points a paw ahead -- <We could have used a bag or something and made out with a lot of soot for that old man down the road...>

Copahue♂ -threateningly: <This... thing... just... won't... come... off...> <_<

-Harriet coos at him then looks behind to check that Shahinne is following them both; she stands there for a moment, scanning...-

Algira♀: <We could have made some money...>

"Not really, he only trades the soot in craft for flutes. Dunno what would we want flutes for."

-Algira buzzes angrily, then shakes herself off and flies to hang on Silent's backpack, which doesn't seem to pick as much soot as the rest of his body-

Harriet♀: <...Shahinne?> -- bats her wings at the road -- <You here?>

-She hears something coming from the left side of the road-

Shahinne: <I'm... uff... ufff...>

-Harriet sees the Starly wading through a smaller layer of soot, and relaxes a bit; however, she hears Copahue grunting again and turns to him-

-The team keeps walking for a moment, with Dintel plowing through to make the road a bit easier for the rest.-

-At a given moment, Silent stops to give the Sandshrew a potion and a drink so that he can keep at it without much more issues. The other mons gather and Copahue and Harriet speak to each other for a bit, both of them looking still tense but not as tired as before-

Copahue♂ -dusts himself off: <I just don't want anything from this place...>

Harriet♀: <Worry not...> -- nuzzles him -- <We went through the worst of it...>

Copahue♂ -starts dusting off his mate: <This is a bad place... I just... all I see here is gray and bad memories.>

-Harriet pecks the Fearow softly on the head and helps him brush his chest off-

Harriet♀: <You are not alone in this, see? And we... we got good things from this.>

-The two birds shyly look at each other for a moment, then Copahue covers Harriet's side with his wing. He calms himself enough that at least he lets a small layer of soot to build up on him and Harriet again before the two start cleaning each other off again-

-Meanwhile, Algira stays perches upside down at Silent's bag, which now hangs from a tree, and buzzes a blue-ish signal-

Algira: <How long to Fallarbor? Couldn't the birds just... fly there?>

-Silent crosses his arms for a moment and turns to the duo-

"This sootstorm is pretty dense. I prefer the group to stick together just in case we have to shelter somewhere. Now, if they want to return to their Pokéballs..."

Dintel♂: <I'm okay> -- wanders about, piling soot into Trapinch-shaped mounds.

Algira♀: <Just let me hang in here for the rest of the trip. I actually like the scent in the air, just not the soot.>

Copahue♂: <I, er... perhaps we could nap for the rest of the way or something... would you like that, Shahinne?>

-...-

-...-

-The two birds look around, only seeing soot, mounds of soot, spires of soot, and Trapinch-shaped soot-

-...-

Copahue♂ -very nervously: <...SHAHINNE??????>

-...-

-Some of the mounds of soot move or shake a bit, though that might just be the wind. Copahue blinks, looks at himself covered in a growing pile of soot and goes white eyed for a moment-

Copahue♂: <No no no not again... not her... please not her...>

-Harriet tries to peek into the distance, noticing nothing; then she bats a wing at a pile of soot, which dissolves into nothingness-

Harriet♀ -quickly dusts herself off: <Little bird?>

-Silent turns to the two and sees them pacing around, trying to check for Starly footprints. Of course, all they see is a uniform, deadly layer of soot, with their own tracks only barely remaining-

-Copahue breathes harder and more soundly as he scans, and Harriet starts batting at the piles of ash with her fanned wing, checking for any traces-

Copahue♂: <...Where are you?>

Harriet♀: <Dintel did you see her?>

-The Sandshrew simply points to a point in the road right besides them, which is of course covered by ash and looking just like everything else-

-Copahue keeps scanning for a while, and Harriet once again calls for Shahinne's name-

????: <...Here!>

-Harriet looks around, not being able to distinguish the source of the call. Ichtacya walks in, moves her ears around-

-Silent meanwhile produces his Pokéball, just in case-

Copahue♂: <Where?>

????: <...Hey!>

Ichtacya♀: <It's coming from...> -- dusts herself off -- <that way!>

-Ichtacya points to the edge of the road and Copahu and Harriet quickly fly over there to land on the side and start cooing at the various piles of soot, looking distressed-

-Suddenly... with all the piles of soot wiggling and apparently moving by themselves from the wind, Copahue freezes, remembering clearly how once this part of the world seemed to have gained life of its own and was intent on killing him; even more, he feels like he starts hallucinating when he sees some of the piles of soot inch closer to him with what he hopes is not malevolent intent-

-Harriet at first doesn't seem to notice, and she just keeps scanning-

-The piles of sooth wiggle and drag themselves closer to Copahue, he can hear them calling for his name...-

-Copahue steps back, trying to get away from the piles, but they're everywhere; feeling cornered, he bats a wing, fighting against himself, a part of him telling to fly away to the south, for his life, while the other screams to protect Shahinne...-

-Some of the piles of soot are about to reach for the Fearow's talons, and he can remember in his muscles the lack of inner force to fight against the mound of soot reaching up to his throat back then, even when he wanted to escape, a part of him wouldn't let him...-

-Copahue swallows and nervously turns to one of the piles of soot inching closer to him, wings still spread-

-Copahue stares at the small pile of ash for a moment, his feathers standing on end and his neck muscles tenses; he's obviously stressed at thinking he's just lost Shahinne, and nervously coos as he eyes the pile of soot-

-Suddenly, the ash mound shakes a bit and Copahue jumps back scaredly, to notice what seems to be a beak emerging from it-

AshMound!Shahinne: <Look, dad! I'm a Pidove!> ^.^

Copahue♂: <....> o.o

Copahue faints!

PEFE Waters

-the Wailord erupts under the invaders, disrupting Presta's miming and dumping the group on Baylene's back-

Sol: Just... a little farther...

Ton: Dumb whale! I'd punch you if you weren't all blubber!

BreBre: -Seed Bombs Baylene-

Route 113

Valiant Knight Skarmory!: <Did I hear cries of distress?!>

971 (edited by rmctagg09 2015-04-12 19:55:53)

PEFE Waters

Baylene: -Annoyed- <Ow!>

Baylene used Water Spout!

Route 113

-A voice from someone peculiar is heard near where the Skarmory is-

Fallarbor Road Lady: Sandshrew live in the [desert].

-And she points towards the eastern exit of the route, which is the same direction Silent and the rest of the team come from-

PEFE Waters

-BreBre (and possibly the others) are tossed up by the Water Spout-

BreBre: <Grr... If you were vampires you'd all be dead by now!>

-suddenly a shadow falls over the battle-

???: Our hand has been forced[] Prepare for extraction[]

-the voice comes from a flying saucer, which proceeds to beam up Sol, Ton, BreBre, and Presta-

Route 113

Valiant Knight Skarmory!: <Wha- not Sandsh- ah, forget it.>

<Let's see what's under all this ash...>

Valiant used Whirlwind!

974 (edited by rmctagg09 2015-04-12 20:16:06)

PEFE Seas

Baylene: <Huh?>

Helios: <Wut...?>

Darner: <A flying saucer? Unfair!>

-the flying saucer circles around and speeds towards the horizon-

Polly: -pulls up in a speedboat, apparently having grabbed Maekrite on the way out-

Come on, we have to pursue!

Evangeline: -shakes in irritation- <Ooh, this is bad, they're probably going straight for Pattern Bush...>