Re: RP!Delta Episode (ORAS Postgame Spoilers abound!)

Well they said that Deoxys didn't have malicious intent when it launched the meteor at Earth, but we can still go with that.

^ Oh? Where was this?

My girlfriend is a Volcarona, your argument is invalid.

When you go see Professor Cosmo after the Delta Episode ends.

Gotcha.

Anything else we should cover?

OK, since people are stumped for ideas I wrote a preliminary outline for how the Delta Episode should go. Be warned it's very much a WIP and by no means final.

- Scientists at the Mossdeep Space Center discover an asteroid heading to the planet; don't inform the general public just yet to avoid panic, but do decide to inform the J-Team since they're in the region.

-Meanwhile, someone is stealing Key Stones from Trainers around the region. Some people may volunteer to have theirs stolen.At some point $CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE meets Zinnia.

- Steven and his father, President Stone, meet with the J-Team and tell them what's going on; also that they have the technology to stop the meteor, but they need Meteor Shards first.

-$CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE finds the first Meteor Shard in Granite Cave, but encounters Zinnia again.

-Team delivers Meteor Shard to Mossdeep, is informed they need more. Zinnia appears and tells them the current plan is a bad idea.

- Team goes on a scavenger hunt for more Meteor Shards; are told to meet up with Steven in Meteor Falls.

- The team meets Zinnia's grandmother with Steven, who explains the deal with her and the role of Rayquaza in all this. She then gives the final Meteor Shard.

- The Meteor Shards fuse into a complete meteor; however, the team learns that an Aqua/Magma splinter has stolen the Link Cable needed to stop the asteroid and they're headed to the Space Center.

-Space Center; team fights Aqua and Magma; Zinnia reveals current plan will just punt asteroid to another 'verse, breaks the Link Cable and tells them to meet her at Sky Pillar.

-Team discovers there's now a seal on the Sky Pillar; discover they need Wallace to do so and recruit him to unlock it. (Possibly someone battles him here.)

-Team ascends Sky Pillar as Zinnia explains DA TAIL O' MEGAQUAZA!!1!

-Team gets to top; Zinnia summons Rayquaza but can't Mega Evolve him. Rayquaza notices the Meteorite in $CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE's bag and swallows it, allowing $CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE to Mega Evolve him.

- $CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE battles Zinnia, wins.

- Team gets into Aqua/Magma suits and rides space-outfitted Stormchaser into space while $CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE rides Rayquaza; together they destroy the asteroid.

-Deoxys emerges from the asteroid and attacks; eventually the J-team becalms it and promises it a safe haven at PEFE.

-Whatever needs to happen next

OTHER THINGS TO COVER

-Zinnia's involvement in Hoenn-1 needs to be mentioned at some point.

-,Vyvyan could probably get involved somehow.

Any suggestions for expansion, tweaks, etc. are much appreciated.

Additionally, I'd really like for Robin to be $CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE since it really fits what I'm aiming for his character arc to be. If that isn't viable for some reason I'd also play Zinnia or Deoxys, but I'd prefer the role I have in mind. At the very least I want Robin to make a speech of sorts to Rayquaza.

(Though I do have a line for Zinnia in mind I'll gladly share with whoever writes her.)

Hm, well I would offer one of my characters' Key Stones, but I do want Fishy, Volcamel, and probably Glöckchen to Mega Evolve at some point during the arc, so I'm not sure depening on when this'd be happening. That and if Crow's Key Stone is stolen, it'd likely make him unsympathetic to Zinnia. Though given her methods, that's probably going to happen anyway, so it's not much of a loss.

"Welcome. Do you have some... b u s i n e s s?"

"Halt dein Höllesobst mir fern, Versucher." ~ jedesdummisel

I was planning on having the mini-trio act strangely around meteorites (namely that their P -> H objects start getting overrided by the energy) and I would be all fine for Vyv getting involved in the Delta ep somehow

"Oh Bassy, I do love red the most. Hair, clothes, lipstick, I love them to be red. The more flamboyant a woman is, the more she's as beautiful as a poisonous flower, right?"

It takes a lot of energy for a vehicle to actually escape Earth's gravity...which gives me a perfect chance to do some Alakagross ruin salvaging.

Anything else that needs to be adressed? And if I play the role I intend to who writes for Zinnia?

36 (edited by rmctagg09 2015-01-02 07:36:00)

I guess making sure everyone who wants a part has something to do, since there might be people who want no part in the actual battle against Deoxys but still want to do something related to the arc.

(I'd also suggest that the battle between $CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE and Zinnia be spagged or otherwise done beforehand since I doubt people are gonna want to just watch Mega Ray demolish Zinnia's team.)

37 (edited by Umbramatic 2015-01-02 05:29:36)

Spagging that battle would be a good idea, yea.

And aside from Pippi and I who wants a part? This is important, people.

Maggie could get involved in the Meteor Search and I'd be up for playing some of the Aqua splinter. I could also try playing Zinnia if no one else is up for it.

And, like I said, I may be up for Key Stones from my chars being stolen, but that depends on when they'd start being stolen.

I'm hesitant to give Crow an active role because he'll probably be occupied at least some in mid-March and I'd rather not have to pull him out if things conflict.

"Welcome. Do you have some... b u s i n e s s?"

"Halt dein Höllesobst mir fern, Versucher." ~ jedesdummisel

RP!Tagg will definitely be involved.

(Are we gonna do this pre or post-E4 challenges like how the in-game Delta Episode goes down?)

I was assuming pre-E4 and would prefer it that way.

Finally trying to catch up to this, now that I'm only two badges to the E4 in my Omega Ruby run.

I'm interested in RP!Silent and team getting some minor involvement, to effect of which I'm trying to catch up to the DE storyline. The way I see it, Silent and Maekrite would likely have some choice words to Zinnia about the Link Cable incident and how Zinnia is trying to carry out the entire thing.

Ichtacya could be separately involved as well, since it is a good opportunity for her to offer service to Rayquaza and if he accepts it would help me bring closure to her character.

Since Silent' has none of the canon Mega Stones yet and his Key Stone is one he is manufacturing himself, I don't see him being a target to the stealing of Key Stones, or taking part in the Meteor Shard collection, but if any good in-universe justification emerges for him being targeted I'm all up for it,

if not in direct involvement in the plot I might take the chance to have Silent seek out Steven since there's some things he would likely ask about training mons and about Mega Evolution too.

On the matter of $CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE, I'm not too sure of what to say. My personal in-verse wise expectation would be Crewe (search your feelings) but I guess that's not gonna happen. I'll entertain the mental image much, though.

Re. Robin: the only con I have is the meta one of having it contributes to all of Umbra's characters being Special Somehow. In-verse-wise, while I know next to nothing about RP!Robin that I don't know of Original!Robin (and that's already very little), I'll make the note that both he and Zinnia do have a special connection to alternate universes that could be played with and thus I think that, given some care to spread focus to other characters too, it could work well.

Honestly, I can't figure out what other good possibilities are there for a $CHOSEN_RAYQUAZA_DUDE. I'm actually thinking a mon would be more likely and fitting than a human person but no particular mons in the RP strike me as a notoriously good candidate compared to any others.

On the splinter cells thing and Deoxys thing, I don't think I will be participating, since I can't come up with any plan for myself with them beyond random interaction.

Oh and... What would be Zinnia's involvement in Hoenn-1, anyway?

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.