Re: Sandbox Thread: Where plots go to hopefully not Die.

I am totally up for this, and totally willing to help out with it.

[Spectrum was here!]

I agree with the part in (1) about issues changing the "fabric of the RP". While the idea is good, it changes some fundamental things that we'd have to sit and deal with, and overall I think it's slightly better suited for an RP int he style of what was Big City back then than WAAPT.

(Of course, such an RP would have to exist in the first place, which is an untackled issue)

While there are attempts in-RP to bring humans and Pokémon closer, such as Keys's mon "translator that should work this time unlike Devon's attempts" subplot, I think they should advance slowly (in-universe) and exist in a sort of "forever tomorrow" state where things don't really change in the big order of things, in the status quo. A whole organization with humans would make that far harder to do.

(And since there's always alternate futures and time shenanigans, some of which have even made into their own arcs or threads, it's not like we *can't* play those scenarios either)

Overall, it draws from my usual perception on matters of "equalizing" humans and Pokémon. What I like about "trainer worlds" is that they are kept separate. For everything else there's the range from PMD-esque worlds, Big City-like scenarios, or, if worst comes to worst, uhm... ReBurst.

(Yeah... hopefully it won't)

The biggest thing that this idea has to its merit is that it would allow for many various degrees of participation, so there's many things players would be able to do with their characters. But as Crewe also mentions, it would have to be an ongoing group effort - can't really be done to work with only one or two players in it.

(That and the "Crewe trying to hide her wereSneasel-y-ness". Admit it, you'd all watch a sitcom of that)

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

I could probably help out with some of the NPC stuff for a bit over the coming summer months.

Before I give my opinion exactly how would this change the fabric of the RP? Right now I'm siding with Silent on that.

My girlfriend is a Volcarona, your argument is invalid.

105 (edited by Crewe 2015-06-15 00:28:42)

As I said, a change in the fabric of the RP is probably hyperbole; it would be a change in the status quo, essentially by creating a new faction.

The goal is not to change it so that humans and Pokemon are on equal footing, but to create a faction that might hold some views to that effect. The Corps probably wouldn't be welcome or fully accepted everywhere; no doubt there are some places that might outright refuse to work with wild Pokemon, or would accept their help without accepting their equality. But the biggest change this would make would be that the Corps is a recognized faction that includes humans.

I'd be willing to toss my hat in the Corps ring, since it gives a rather wide net of possible RP opportunities that aren't often crossed - political and/or bureaucratic wranglings where local authorities push against or even prosecute this group of unrecognized vigilantes that are nevertheless a represented faction, as well as testing biases and legitimate arguments for or against whether a group including wild Pokemon should be granted free reign (since it would be similar to having a foreign legion working in your borders due to the language barrier and cultural differences).

If it's just a new faction I'm totally fine with it.

My girlfriend is a Volcarona, your argument is invalid.