Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

Sapphire Cove, Yesternite

-Maekrite listens to Sticy Lips speak about how weird it is to get into people's minds-

Maekrite♂ -raises an ear: <That... sounds like something. Just who sends you in these kinds of missions? Ho-Oh has not had me do anything for a good while already. Not that Crerah would let me...[/size[> -- huffs.

-He glares at nowhere in particular for a moment-

<You mentioned there was another...?>

-Earlier that night-

-Silent's and Maekrite's fur / hair stands on end-

Maekrite♂ -quills stand on end: <[size=smaller]...I sense someone is about to come for us...>

Silent: "...What? When was the last time you felt that?

Maekrite♂: <Uhm...> --  blushes.

Silent: ...I mean other than that.

Maekrite♂ -scratches the pad: <Probably back at Goldenrod with the experiment you guys were doing.>

-A bit later that night-

-Dintel is talking to Kitsune about the salads-

Dintel♂: <I'm looking for the one that looks like this> -- points to an image of an Arabian style salad -- <but good heavens, I can't seem to find it...>

-Silent approaches Mendel and is about to say hi when Keys (the RP one) conveniently opens his mouth, prompting the PEFE researcher to roll his eyes just a little. Still, he offers a serious look and a handshake, and Maekrite offers his usual, mother-inherited, leer-

Silent: Good to see you around here, Mendel.

Maekrite♂ -to Pearl: <Hey there. Has he> -- points horn to Mendel -- <been working well?>

Somewhere in Hoenn

-Silent receives a text with a cute Felis picture from Mezzo. Maekrite looks at the picture and raises an eyebrow.-

Silent: ...What? it's cat day. Which reminds me, hang on...

-And gets to work on something, which results in a 'click' and him sending the following message back to Mezzo:-

To: Mezzo.

He looks so cute and adorable. Good thing pictures don't speak. :p

Here, have a picture of Sol:

http://i.imgur.com/24tbq64.png

-Sends-

-Sol meanwhile just lies on the ground being happy about being a cat Pokémon.-

Maekrite♂ -glares at Silent, pokes: <...Have you EVER taken a picture of me being cutesy like that?>

Silent: ...

-Silent just stays there, idling at life more or less like Sol is doing, while Maekrite continues to glare at him from his shoulder perch-

Maekrite♂ -growls, pokes again: <...Well?>

Silent: Of course I have -- ^.^ pats the Nido -- Seriously, Maekrite, what did you expect?

-Maekrite's ears flatten and he murmurs something-

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Yesternight

-Maekrite listens more about Sticy Lips's adventures-

Maekrite♂ -raises an ear: <You have silly adventures. We should test if they do good to you sometime, you know. Would make good exercise. Also!> -- waves his paw in a gesture of confidence -- <don't be afraid to speak up to them and ask for something interesting to do. How are you going to get other peoplemons tell tales about you otherwise?>

Shahinne's Party, past

Roc: -Gulps- <Right, well, this Ditto here is...>

Ditto: -Transforming into a female Staraptor- <I'm your mother, Shahinne.>

Shahinne's party, the past

-Shahinne sees the Ditto turn into a Staraptor, looking much like Roc except for the spot on her forehead-

Shahinne♀: <...A... mother?> -- tilts head.

-Copahue and Harriet look at the scene aprehensively and remain a distance away, murmuring and nervously nudging each other-

-She looks at the Staraptor!Ditto for a moment then turns back to Roc-

Shahinne♀: <But if I have a mom...> -- peeks up again at Ditto, quizzical -- <is she my mother like you are my father?>

Shahinne's Party, past

Roc: -Nods-

Ditto: <And I'm a bit more of a "they", though you can refer to me as "she" in this form.>

Shahinne's Party, Past

Shahinne♀ -long stares at Ditto: <O.O>

-Copahue and Harriet crane their heads closer, the Honchkrow making a gesture at Roc more or less asking if anything bad is going on-

-Shahinne chirps, hesitates then slowly approaches the Staraptor!Ditto, looking up at her-

Shahinne♀ -tries to brush her mother's plumage a bit: <I-I am Shahinne...> -- peeks up -- <Do your have a... name?>

Some Route in Hoenn, Today

(not a water route though)

-Sol is lying somewhere under the sun. At some moment, she stretches, wakes up and goes besides Silent to stare at him long. Silent meanwhile is busy working on lappy-

-...-

-..-

-Sol then [pokes] Silent's face-

Silent: "...Yow! Hey, what was that for?"

Sol♀ -shrugs: <I'm just confirming that you exist.>

-She stretches again then returns to her place under the sunlight; Silent just shrugs off the matter and continues working. The Espeon takes a moment to curl into a ball then returns to her species-mandated ten-something hours of napping.-

1,133 (edited by BlitzTrain 2015-08-18 19:29:36)

Somewhere in Hoenn, possibly near Route 117

Puff:  <Tori...  When do you think I'll evolve?>

Tori:  "Hm?  Well, I don't know.  I didn't realize you wanted to>

Puff:  <Maybe...  It's just that Cinna's sooooo big now and he was a Cyndaquil when he joined Lane's team and I'm still tiny>

Tori:  "But you're cute when you're tiny!"

-She giggles, and thinks for a few moments as she walks, unaware Puff has been watching  Sol pester her human-

"We can work something out if you want to start training..."

-Puff pokes the curled Espion gently-

Puff:  <Why wouldn't your trainer wouldn't exist?  Does he disappear if you don't poke him?>

Tori:  "...How does that-  Puff!"

-Tori picks the Cyndaquil up as she starts to poke again-

"You're not supposed to pester napping pokemon like that"

Route 117-ish, Hoenn

-Sol is napping and purring back to her felinely mandated activity when she is suddenly poked-

Sol♀: <...Mrowwww!> -- stretches, rolls away.

Silent

: "...Hmmm? Oh look, what do we have here." -- notices Puff.

Sol♀: <...What?> -- turns an eye and ear to the Cyndaquil -- <....Rrrrrr. W-what do you want?>

-and listens to Puff's question-

Silent: ...Uh...

Sol♀ -blinks: <If you have to know, little thing...> -- stretches more, sits all regal (because cat) -- <he's not a very active person....>

Maekrite♂ -yawning atop Silent's shoulderpad: <I have to agree...>

Silent: "...What?" -- crosses arms -- "I've been walking all around  Hoenn."

Sol♀ -ignores both Silent and the insistent poking: <...and that means I have to make sure he appears at least every once in a while. What about you?> -- eyes the Cyndaquil and her poking.

-Silent then comes to the realization that the Cyndaquil comes with company as the Pokémon is picked up-

Silent -pretends nothing is happening: "Uhm... hey, that your Pokémon? Seems to have caught an interest in napping under the sun. Don't worry about the poking, it's not bad."

-Sol rolls her eyes-

Silent: "Oh, manners. I'm Silent. The Nido on the hat is Maekrite and the Espeon there is Sol." -- offers for a handshake.

Route 117-ish, Hoenn

Puff:  <Oooh, sounds kinda weird.  My trainer is always around!  She gets kinda lazy some->

-Puff's comment is interrupted by being picked up and lightly chastised-

<Soooorry...  But they were talking about people needing to be poked so they'll appear!>

Tori:  "I see.  Yeah, this is Puff, she's a curious little scamp sometimes,  I'm Tori, nice to meet all of you"

-Puff waves at the mon and human once she's set down so Tori can shake Silent's hand.  She hasn't bothered to remove the earbuds she's been wearing yet-

"Nice day for a nap, didn't expect to run into someone on their computer out here though.  You must have a pretty good battery or something"

Route 117-ish, Hoenn

-Silent nods, is mildly amused at the little detail that not only does Tori seem to understand Monese but is also not surprised by him apparently understanding Monese as well, notices the earbuds but decides to scrap questions about that for slightly later-

Sol♀ -beams a smile at Tori picking Puff up: <Eh, don't worry, they won't be going anywhere for a while.>

Silent: "Aha, a pleasure. Anyway, I can assure your Pokémon I'm not going anywhere... In a figurative sense at least." - shrugs.

-to the lappy comment-

"Eh..." -looks away slily as Maekrite gives him a murderous leer- "energy is not that hard to come by for recharges..."

Twelve hours ago, same route, offscreen

-Silent is napping under a tree, accompanied by Sol who is also napping on top of his chest-

-Not too far away, a small Nido can be seen exercising running a wheel-

Back to Present Time

"Hmmm, is that Cyndaquil the only Pokémon you have? Are you and your Pokémon heading anywhere in particular?"

1,137 (edited by BlitzTrain 2015-08-19 02:34:44)

Route 117-ish, Hoenn

Tori:  "That's good to hear."

-She nods politely, out of a lack of any other technological conversational ideas-

"Nope, I've got a Floatzel, Sandshrew, Swellow, Fletchling and Skiploom with me.  Thought I'd take a little walk before flying back to Sootopolis."

Puff:  <Her boyfriend as a lot more though!>

^.^

Shahinne's Party, past

Roc: -Shakes his head at Harriet-

Ditto: -To Shahinne- <Not like your father's, that's for sure.>

Shahinne's Party, past

-Shahinne is too young to be sure how to feel about her mom not having a name-

Shahinne♀: <...But can't you have a name? Aren't you sad that you don't have a name?> -- brushes against her mom hesitantly -- <Everyone I know has a name...>

Somewhere Else about at the same time

-Lileep is happily sleeping in his Pokéball, not knowing anything about what is going on and not having any screentime, which someone should slap me for-

Back to the Present Past

-Shahinne still feels uneasy about her mother but brushes against her repeatedly for comfort-

Today or Tomorrow-ish, Sootopolis Gym

-At the entrance of the Gym, Jim Guy is standing guard while checking the cards he uses to welcome challengers-

Jim Guy: "'Are you a boy or a girl?' Really? Aghhh.... who writes this stuff?" -- switches to next card, reads it, falls even more disheartened -- "Maybe I should just improvise. Yeah. That's what I'll do."

-A particular kind of challenger would now enter-

-Meanwhile inside, Juan is tending to some of his accompanying Pokémon in preparation for the matches of the day, if any, when one of the Gym assistants comes to him and notifies him he has an [important] phone call-

Juan: "That sounds like it is something important. Would you mind running the routine of the day for a moment? I'll oversee from next room."

-He turns to a water Pokémon following him around; the Pokémon, just a bit taller than Juan is, is wearing a small tailor-made vest with a design not unlike that of Juan's itself. The Pokémon nods and is about to turn to go to the stand of the Gym Leader when Juan grabs his arm-

Juan: "Wait a moment. Here, have this, it'll make you look better."

-Juan then proceeds to take off the necklace and white tie he usually wears, and very carefully equips them on the Pokémon, making sure it helps him look tidy and distinguished-

Juan: "Here you go. I'll be at the next chamber and if there is any issue, remember this," -- softly pokes the Pokémon in the ear.

-The water Pokémon laughs a bit, then just stands there observing as Juan goes take the phone call, and once the human disappears into the next room, turns tail and goes to smugly stand at the Gym Leader stand, all dressed and everything-

Route 117-ish, Hoenn

Sol♀: <...We have a Sandshrew too! :3>

-Silents nods to the comments Tori makes about her own team. He seems to think for a moment-

Silent: "Well, having good equipment and good instruments is important for my work as a [researcher]. Can't have a batch of wild Ekans take me hostage because of not getting the local dialect. Again...>_> " -- coughs.

Sol♀ -tries to pet the warm Cyndaquil: <Ah yeah, good thing I wasn't there for that.>

"Ahem... So..." -- back to Tori -- "I take it you are a trainer on the road? On the way to challenge the gym perhaps?"

Maekrite♂ -pokes Silent's head: <Which is something we should be doing.>

Route 117-ish, Hoenn

Puff:  -Tilts her head curiously-  <Ooooh!  Does he talk like a pirate too?>

-She leans into the petting-

Tori:  -Blinks at the bit about being captured by [wild Ekans-

"Well...  Researching sounds pretty interesting.  Mostly I'm just travelling around with my brother and my boyfriend."

-She pauses-

"Well, more my boyfriend lately.  But he's doing the gym challenge, and we challenged the Mossdeep gym together, so there's that"

[spoiler]XD

Sootopolis Gym, let's say today

-A Charizard wearing a black coat and jeans enters the Gym and looks around, not noticing the Water-type Pokemon yet or saying anything to Jim Guy yet-

"Welcome. Do you have some... b u s i n e s s?"

"Halt dein Höllesobst mir fern, Versucher." ~ jedesdummisel

Sootopolis Gym, Today

-Jim Guy conveniently notices the Charizard in a coat that has just entered the Gym, carefully activates the hidden "challenger incoming" button near one of the pillars at the entrance-

Jim Guy: "Ahem... Hey hey hey, how's it going...!" -- shifts around trying to get a look past the Charizard -- "Uhm... if you hope you beat this exquisite [Water-type] Gym, hiding behind a Fire-type si sure to get your face washed... dear Arceus is that the best I can come up with..." -- mentally facepalms.

-sighs, looks up to the Charizard then looks around-

"Uhm... well, excuse me, I thought...i-is your Trainer coming? I had a speech prepa-... well... n-not really... " -- sobs in silence.

-Deeper inside the Gym-

-At the stand reserved for the Gym Leader, a small light flashes for a moment. The Pokémon standing there takes notice and takes a moment to preen his [white moustache]. He barks to the other Pokémon in the shallow pool to get ready, stirring up a lot of movement in the water as some Ice-types also make appearance-

-Seeing that the facility is getting ready, the Pokémon then tidies up his vest, making sure it's not torn up by the cheratin plates covering his arms and legs, puffs his chest and stands there at official position. He then carefully touches a small clip in his ear, a bit hard to reach because of his helmet-

-All the while, the various Pokémon in the area start freezing the water in the shallow pond to make a very thin and [delicate] layer of ice.-

Sootopolis Gym

-The Charizard looks in Jim Guy's direction-

Aiki: "Er... I'm the trainer who's challenging this.
This is... just a very convincing Charizard suit."

Sootopolis Gym

-The gym assistant takes a moment then facepalms more openly-

Jim Guy: "Oooh! So you come here for the [Thematic Coordinators Battle Day]? Huh... I thought no one was interested. Despite all the advertising we tried to do... I guess no one watches the news anymore..."

Yesterday Night, Sootopolis TV

-Already three hours into the debate-

Left-Wing Candidate: "...so our Party still maintains it is the reponsibility of the State to subsidize the repairs for people who followed an urban development plan in, ya know, a city inside a friggin' volcano."

Right-Wing Candidate: "All those subsidizes would do is attract a lot of pariahs and leechers. If we want this city to shine, the citizens should man up and clean the rocky walls with thir very own sweat. Fof ree, of course. The government is already giving them even the right to live here."

-The producer is trying to convince the staff to end the debate already, while at the bottom of a stack of notices and pamphlets for subjects to discuss in the news edition there's a document that reads:-

Thematic Battles Workshop - Trainers and Coordinators invited.

Want to try your hand at a more artistic side of Pokémon battles? Our very own [Juan] will be hosting tomorrow. Bring up your best Pokémon, your best costumes and your best artistic performance...

Back to the Gym

Jim Guy: "Well, the suit looks realistic enough..." -- grabs a notebook from somewhere, strafes giving the Charizard curious looks -- "Lemme write you down for a meeting with the Gym Leader, luckily the queue is basically empty so you could go in right now depending on what kind of artistic performance you want to execute. Is this a cosplay for some TV show or an original character concept? And how did you do for the length of the neck? "

Sootopolis Gym

Aiki: ...Well, that's convenient...

Of course, now I need to figure out how to be artistic about this...

"Uh, it's more an Original Character thing."

"As for the neck, I've... got it set up to go with my head."

Sootopolis Gym

Jim Guy: "...Ouch, I hope that doesn't get too uncomfortable then." -- takes more notes, motions for the 'Charizard' to go ahead  -- "Please move into the next room, and good luck with your challenge!"

-In the next room awaits a Gym assistant with a small tablet and a League stamp-

Gym Assistant: "Oh, hey, I guess you are in here for the coordinator workshop? Or for an official League challenge?"

Sootopolis Gym

Aiki: "I... think both?"

Sootopolis Gym

Gym Assistant -Fascinating Eyebrows: "Oh, a brave one then. Since that still counts as a Gym Battle, please follow me, and show me your License while we're at it."

-And leads the 'Charizard' through a door that reveals a large room, not very tall. Most of the space in the room is comprised by a circular pool that seems to be frozen solid. The Gym assistant and the 'Charizard' lie at a high platform at one end of the room, and at the other end a tall figure in shadows can be seen-

????: "Oh, I see we have someone in-character. I am glad to see people taking this workshop seriously."

-The lights turn on, revealig what appears to be a Samurott wearing a vest is seen standing. The Samurott steps forward and gently bows to the challenger-