Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

Sootopolis Gym

-The Samurott laughs at Glöckchen's attempted strategy in a somewhat heartfelt manner, and points at Acamar while straightening himself-

"Juan"?: "You are allowed to fade into black with glory. Do not mistake, however, this with victory. Acamar, Cosmic Power!"

-The Starmie seems to hesitate then stands in place, collecting mystical energy that lies all around its body forming some sort of varnish. -

Acamar's DEF and S.DEF arise!

-As Glöckhen hits, the energy of the move hits Acamar's new coat and quickly changes colours; part of the energy is then reflected back at the Abomasnow's body, letting out some green-ish energy strands all around, while Acamar is still sent swirling a distance, coming to rest levitating and swirling around near the edge of the ice sheet; as it speaks, its voice now sounds a bit duller and the features of its body have acquired a sort of tan-

Acamar: <Ooooohhh... This better be worth it. @...> -- screeches in the Samurott's direction -- <I could have just avoided the hit.>

"Juan"? -in obvious Monese, puffs chest: <You know what the Master says. True Art is Painful...>

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Sootopolis Gym

-And with that hit, Glöckchen falls down, fainted, with Gogie recalling her-

Aiki: Pushing the presentation, aren't we?

But hm, who's next...

"Okay, your turn, Chariot!"

-Out pops a Pumpkaboo-

Chariot: <The changeling wishes to use my power again?>

Aiki: <...Seriously, could you stop calling me that?>

Chariot: <Hm, I suppose.>

-he turns his attention to Acamar- <A question for you: What is your story?>

"Welcome. Do you have some... b u s i n e s s?"

"Halt dein Höllesobst mir fern, Versucher." ~ jedesdummisel

Sootopolis Gym, some time ago

Acamar the Starmie: <...Story?>

-The Starmie rotated about while observing the curious Pokémon, one of a species it had probably not seen before. While it was sure the opponent was some sort of Grass or Fire Pokémon, the colouration and complexion of it threw the Starmie off for a moment.-

"Juan"? -tilts head slightly as he overhears: <Changeling? What is that? Don't lose focus, Acamar.>

The Samurott seems to smile at seeing the two Pokémon conversing; then his attention is drawn to his ear clip, and focuses on it for a moment before coming back to instruct the Starmie-

"Juan"? -crosses his arms: "My, so maybe we have someone who understand that art has a history. Like the clouds in the sky," -- points towards Chariot -- "it can come and go so long as it leaves us with a shower. An icy one, Acamar, with more Cosmic Power."

-The Starmie acknowledges the command and starts levitating higher, drawing an arc above the Pumpkaboo as an opening move. It starts charging energy around itself to strengthen its Cosmic Power coat while at the same time drawing in loose ice particles from the battlefield to create a small cloud around itself. As the cosmic coat strengthens once again raising the Starmie's defenses, the creature prepares to chain into an Icy Wind...-

Sootopolis Gym

Chariot: <Hmph, a story is more than a fleeting thing! It shapes how you are at any given time.>

-Before he is struck by the frigid blast, Chariot manipulates a quickly moving shadow that would resemble a monstrous-looking Liepard, giving the illusion of clawing at Acamar's Gem, while admittedly not doing any more damage than a standard Shadow Sneak-

-Meanwhile, he is struck by the Icy Wind and becomes slower as a result-

Chariot: <Urf... What a frigid blast...>

Route 117-ish, ago-ish

-Puff and Tori are interested at the little gift from Sol-

Maekrite♂ -shrugs: <You'll see a lot of people full surprises. We are among the dullest of the bunch.>

Silent: "So says the Ho-Oh branded Nidoran that has been a Nidorino before." -- smirks.

-To that Maekrite merely huffs-

-back to Tori-

"And 'that' is a new thing this particular Espeon has been working on. There are other Espeon out there with particular abilities."

Sol♀: <Of note, this leaves me pretty tired... I think I need 18 hours of rest.> -- yawns, stretches.

"Oh and about my work at PEFE, yes, we have run into a lot of people doing things the wrong way. Some worse than others... but if research and the welfare of others are things you are more than merely interested in, perhaps you should ask around. See what the world is like when you look at it closer."

-Sol nudges Puff-

Sol♀: <Take care, little thing. I'll be reading your next battle~>

Sootopolis Gym- in the past

-While gathering the ice needed for the Icy Wind, Acamar had lowered itself and could not avoid the Shadow Sneak; the impact landed squarely on the center of the Starmie' body leavig a slightly curved gash across its surface-

Acamar the Starmie: <G-gahhh...> -- shakes itself -- <So you want a story... I'll tell you then what you are trying to ruin.>

-The Pokémon then starts swirling inside its makeshift icy cloud, unleashing an Icy Wind on to the platform below. The Starmie, observing the results, proceeds to descend a little.-

Acamar the Starmie: <From a liquid cloud in the depths of the sea I was born. My kin moves to the surface in search of new light and sound.>

-The Samurott laughs as he seems to have picked a clue on what to suggest next.-

"Juan"? -uncrosses arms: "Let's see how deeply ingrained your inner artist is. Would he be capable of withstanding the cloudy weathers, the inclement winds...>

-points to the Starmie and barks-

"Juan"?: "...the piercing lightning?"

-That said the Starmie-in-a-cloud starts hovering around, nearing the center of the ice platform; the cloud begins cracking with electric sparks.-

Acamar the Starmie -in an even duller voice: <The light and sound give us life... Of them,> -- starts radiating with power -- <we make our [power]!>

-And shoots a Thunderbolt in Chariot's general direction, though its aim seems to be a bit off due to the damage to its gem-

Sootopolis Gym

-Chariot would be unable to avoid the Thunderbolt if Acamar's aim weren't off-

-As it stands, though, he's just grazed by it, which doesn't due much damage due to his plant-like nature-

Chariot: <Urf, power from the sun? I likewise get energy from the sun.>

<Yet, I also draw plenty of power from the shadows!>

-Chariot sends a Shadow Ball at Acamar, which manifests somewhat like a rolling bowling ball made out of a human skull-

Sootopolis Gym

-The Shadow Ball flies at the Starmie, who hovers around to try and get out of the way. Between carrying the energy for the Thunderbolt and the icy cloud around him that doesn't work so well. The projectile plunges into the cloud formation, leaving a hole into it wit cold air swirling all around,  and hits Acamar in one of its 'arms', sending the Pokémon spiralling down.-

Acamar: <...Gah... I...> -- shakes a little -- <I can't see well... your veil...>

-The Samurott down at the platform glares at Chariot for a moment, thinking over a strategy, then he looks up at the Starmie floating above in pain, with a noticeable gash across its gem and the colors of its crystalline body seeming to dull a little.-

"Juan"?: <Even with the added defense this won't stand much longer....> -- tilts head -- <Can you still aim at least?>

-The Starmie looks down to where the Smaurott is, plus minus a few square inches, and nods. The Samurott touches his ear clip and waits for a moment-

"Juan"?: <...I'll take that for what it's worth.> -- turns to Aiki, huffs -- "Don't think this is over. Your performance has showed us an increasing elegance and efficiency so far. It's only fair we  return the gesture and up the ante. Acamar, filter that power out."

-With that, the Starmie starts whirling fast, the icy air cloud around itself darkening as the cloud formation is tainted with the Dark energy let loose by Chariot's Shadow Ball. Soon the energy is siphoned right in front of the Starmie's eye to form a Shadow Ball of its own-

"Juan"? -grins: "...And return it to sender with an extra ticket for the way out!"

-The cloud formation the Starmie is in, still with the hole made by the previous Shadow Ball, dives and circles around the ice sheet for a moment, before placing it above the edge area farthest from Chariot's position-

Acamar: <We live under the shadows as well, we make our way with them. For you, I bid you a safe slide away!>

-And finishes forming the Shadow Ball to shoot it at Chariot, speeding at him a short distance above the ice sheet's level and hoping for the move to push or knock the Pumpkaboo past the sheet's edge.-

Sootopolis Gym

-Chariot is knocked backwards by the Shadow Ball, being knocked fairly far backwards-

-However, he manages to stop short of the edge by virtue of floating above the ice much like Acamar-

-Aiki lets out a sigh of relief-

Chariot: <Your shadows are... indeed quire powerful.>

<But... will they still stand up to mine?>

-Chariot, not moving from his current positioning, tries to shoot another human-skull esque Shadow Ball at Acamar before trying to get further to the middle of the arena-

1,185 (edited by VeniaSilente 2015-08-31 18:52:22)

Sootopolis Gym, Ago-ish

-The Samurott curses his luck and stoms on the ground-

"Juan"?: "That was so close... " -- nods, roars -- "Then, time to close to the dark veil. Acamar, circle and spring back into action with a Rapi- wait! Have at it with Icy Wind! We can still push them out!"

Acamar: <Strong shadow indeed. Like with everything, I will have to try.>

-Acamar begins spinning around in place, spreading around the last of the particles of ice forming its cloud and with it the last of the Dark-type energy surrounding it, the crystalline body switching back to a blue-ish colouration; as the Shadow Ball approaches, the Starmie turns back and adjusts its own positioning so that the projectile will thurst it onwards.-

-Acamar takes the Shadow Ball in the back and falls down, its core gem blinking [red]; the Starmie comes down to hover just a short distance above the ice sheet, whirling-

Acamar: <Let us freeze this story for later then!>

-And lowers itself, to spread an Icy Wind across the entirely of the ice sheet-

[spoiler]Barring a ring-out, next post shoukd k.o. Acamar

Sootopolis Gym

-The Icy Wind happens to be enough to knock Chariot off the Platform as well as pretty much KO him-

Chariot: <Seems this is indeed the end...>

-Aiki cringes a bit as he calls back Chariot-

Aiki: ...Okay, need to turn this around.

"Alright, go, Mandrake!"

-A Gloom is sent out and takes to the ice field-

Mandrake: <Haha! This will be fun, now won't it?>

Aiki: "Focus. Knock the Starmie out fast."

Mandrake: <Oh, why certainly.>

-He calls a Grass Knot out from the ground which attempts to grab Acamar and slam him downward-

Sootopolis Gym, Ago

-At seeing the Gloom sent out, the Samurott leading the Gym Leader side of the battle is quick to smirk and once again tidy his moustache. He-

"Juan"?: "Ah, that was a nicely told story. Shame the words seem to have died out on it, isn't it?" -- glares at Aiki -- "Very well, let's see if Acamar can still do something about this tale."

-The Starmie observes as the Gloom is sent out and, knowing it a grass-type, hovers up to try and ready itself to battle, its crystal gem still [blinking red]. However, much as the Samurott is quick to command a Thunderbolt to try and paralyze the opponent,  the Starmie is too tired to summon power quickly and is grabbed by the vines and slammed against the ice sheet-

"Juan"?: "....O-ouch, I guess that... didn't really work." -- shakes head and breathes tiredly.

-The Starmie attempts to wiggle a bit in the ground...-

Acamar: <...It... It didn't lowhp_beep.midi really wolowhp_beep.midirk ou- work out lowhp_beep.midi as I e- e-lowhp_beep.midi expected...>

"Juan"? -nods: "Time to nap for you then, good work."

-The Samurott waits then for the vines to subside so that the Starmie can slide away to the safety of the water, which presumably happens (with the HP beep still going on for a while)-

-Following this, the Samurott breathes hard again and stands up to unsheathe both his keratin blades, showing off his entire frame. He roars defiantly at the Gloom and at Aiki, then leers back to the cabin past the Gym stand for a moment. Immediately after, the lights in the center of the Gym fade out a little, leaving only the stands for the two contestants properly illuminated.-

"Juan"?: "You have showed to be a very good contender in this performance, I have to say. But it is now when the breeze turns to a storm and the soothing waves give way to the maelstrom, that our ability to maintain our art and craft is put to the test."

-The Samurott then, withou warning, leaps up in the air and launches one of his blades right at the center of the ice platform, where it plants leaving a large crack in the sheet.-

"Juan"?: "Come forth then, force of the maelstrom! Regent of the depths!"

-Not too long after, the water of the pool becomes illuminated with a faint trail of [dragon-type energy] and starts to swirl and ripple out at places, causing the entire ice sheet platform floating on it to shake and rotate menacingly-

Sootopolis Gym

Mandrake: <Oh, well this is something, isn't it?>

Aiki: "Get ready..."

Sootopolis Gym

-At the center of the ice sheet, where Samurott's blade is planted, the ice cracks extend for a moment before the entire section fo the platform starts bending and cracking upwards. Suddenly a [watersprout] burst out from under the ice sheet, causing the platform to tilt without much control and sending shards in all directions and rising up to near the roof of the Gym chamber.-

-Above the center of the ice sheet, atop the watersprout construct a single figure can be seen, a Kingdra enveloped in indigo-ish strands of energy, her eyes locked on Mandrake-

A Kingdra with [Sniper] appears!

Kingdra♀: <I shall be the one to [snipe] you and wash you out of this challenge.> -- roars -- <Drown for me.>

-The Juan!Samurott steps backwards to give himself more space to watch the battle as the watersprout subsides a little, and as the dragon type energy begins to dissipate, the water forming the whirlpool begins to freeze into little stepladders forming a sort of snow sprout squeezing around a still strong cylinder of rising water-

"Juan"? -glares: "We shall once again commence this then. Let the fiercest stand in the end." -- to the Kingdra -- "Breathe some dragon life unto this scenario!"

-The Kingdra lts itself sink into the watersprout to get closer to the platform, and from inside the watersprout a cry emerges-

Kingdra♀: <You won't flourish here. Sum... daar... rudro... nah!> ("Breathe this depths' rage!")

-Then the Kingdra comes out of the watersprout, splitting it, and shoots at Mandrake with a Dragonbreath-

Sootopolis Gym

-Mandrake is unable to avoid the Dragonbreath and takes some damage from it-

Mandrake: <Well, this'll be interesting.>

Aiki: Okay, we're fighting a Dragon. What's good against...

Oh, duh...

-Aiki gives a quick look at his left claw to confirm that the bracelet is on it before turning his attention to 'Juan'-

Aiki: "You said you want fierce?
I'll make sure to follow up.
Mandrake, use Moonblast!"

Mandrake: <Aha, this'll be fun.>

-Mandrake gathers lunar energy and shoots a blast of it at the Kingdra-

Sootopolis Gym

"Juan"? -eyes wide at the Moonblast: <Hallowed dame bed-pre->

-There's not much more time for the Samurott to complete the thought, or for the Kingdra to shield from the beam of light either; the Pokémon manages to use its power to close the watersprout again just in time for the entirre structure to be blown by Mandrake's attack, sending water and snow everywhere and prompting the Samurott to shield from the light and blast. A short distance beyond, the Kingdra falls to the ice sheet and winces in pain for a moment, and attempts to collect herself having some issues with being limbless on a ply of ice-

Kingdra♀: <You...> -- glares at Mandrake, floating in a small whorl of draconic power and letting out a screeching sound -- <Nowadays every Pokémon think they are special because they can throw in some bits of fae power at us... don't you?>

"Juan"? -uncovers himself, coughs, taps clip: "Ahem... I- I guess that was at least some good fierce. A good way to lead to the climax of this encounter as well." -- steps back and turns to the Kingdra -- "Let's respond, Kingdra, though shall you not forget the plight of the stage shall we?"

-Kingdra nods and builds up more draconic power unto herself, gathering snow and wind to kickstart a small whorl on the ice sheet atop which she stands erect and angry-

"Juan"?: "Speed things up with Agility and show them the true colors of the stage with an Aurora Beam!"

-With that, Kingdra levitates further and starts glowing white for a moment, casting Agility unto herself as the whorl begins to slide on top of the ice sheet, to then head sideways at Mandrake's general direction-

Kingdra casts Agility!

-And as the Kingdra slides closer to Mandrake to try and strafe, she readies to shoot an Aurora Beam, intense colors ranging from teal to dust red trailing behind her in the form of energy strands-Let

1,192 (edited by CorvusAtrox 2015-09-09 21:00:46)

Sootopolis Gym

-Mandrake is unable to avoid the icy beam amidst the strafing and gets pushed back somewhat and taking a good deal of damage-

Mandrake: <Ooh... chilly reception, certainly.>

<But if that hurt you, what do you say to this?>

-Mandrake releases a Dazzling Gleam in the Kingdra's general direction-

Somewhere in the north of Hoenn

-A certain Espeon who is busy reading a book on the episomatic transference of material fatigue suddenly gets her interest piqued by something happening across posts and related to a certain TM disc she acquired an arc ago (boy that sounds like it was recently, but no).-

-The Espeon's head jewel shines in an emerald-ish color. After a moment of sensing, her tail whips insistently and her fur stands on end-

Sol♀: <...Precioussssssss!>

Sootopolis Gym, ago-ish

-Shooting a Kingdra with a Dazzling Gleam is a bad idea. For the Kingdra, that is. The Pokémon tries to brake and change direction atop her whorl, only barely able to achieve a good result; still, she can't avoid the beam which hits in her lower body and pushes her a distance away yelling in pain, and [dispelling] the field of draconic energy around her-

-This, of course, drops her onto the ice sheet again, where she barely maintains enough equilibrium to stay upright. Also, it makes her [unhappy]-

Kingdra♀: <Foul beast. Do you know... can you even know...? What it feels like...?>

-The Kingdra collects herself and angrily shoots some bubbles around, then turns to the Samurott to look for instructions; the Pokémon leading the battle snarls at the turn of events and thinks for a moment, then waving at the Kingdra to resume. The Kingdra starts siphoning more energy from the ambient around her. This time however it's Water-type energy instead of draconic energy-

Kingdra♀: <...What it feels like to face something that pierces into you, into the grandiousness of your essence, and burns it?>

-The whorl starts again, this time rising the Kingdra higher into the air as her body starts emitting draconic force again. Seeing this, the Samurott roars as he orders the Kingdra to encircle and attack with Dragonbreath-

Kingdra♀: <...Very well! Want to know what unending fire eating your insides is like...? Time for the object lesson!>

-Dashes around the Gloom, and as she progresses in her in a slow, tired arc she breathes out a stream of dragon fire at Mandrake's general direction, attempting to surround her-

Sootopolis Gym

-Assuming this Dragonbreath is a lot more fire-based than the previous one, Mandrake takes heavier damage, bairly hanging on-

Mandrake: <Oof, I can see what you mean by that...>

<Which is why I shall inflict it further!>

-Mandrake then shoots a Moonblast, seeing if he can hit the Kingdra and knock her away, possibly off the ice-

Somewhere in Sootopolis

-After receiving a message from Tagg asking for a meeting, Silent foes check on his team, who are doing some very minor sparring at the moment. Maekrite is getting Python in the hang of some moves, while Algira, Dintel and Ichtacya fool around. Sol meanwhile is napping under a tree-

"Guys, Tagg called in for a meeting."

Algira♀: <...Oh? Something happened?>

Sol♀ -yawns, is apart from the whole thing: <Something has been going on for a pretty good while already.>

-The rest of the team share looks, then shrug-

"At least this allows us to go somewhere else..."

Algira♀ -happy: <Oh? Can we go to see those stands and fair at Mauville?>

Ichtacya♀ -tilts head: <...What about snipping some Pelipper?>

"...No, girls. The meeting is near here."

Everymon: <..Awwww.>

-Silent frowns-

"Okay peoplemons, whoever wants to come comes. But since this is a mass meeting and the last one wasn't any... favorable, I'm taking at least Maekrite, Dintel and Ichtacya as a precaution."

-Ichtacya and Sol share a more concerned look, but the Leafeon agrees to come. Dintel meanwhile packs some things in his Pokéball and approaches Silent. By that time Maekrite is already well drapped across Silent's left shoulder-

Sol♀ -sads a bit: <...I wanted to be in the book again.>

Maekrite♂ -to Sol and Algira: <You two are in charge of teaching Python...> -- mulls for a moment -- <Something. Anything that's useful.>

-Python glares at the two Pokémon and then attempts to slither away, only to be chased by Sol who twirls her tail happily at at least having something else to do-

-Silent goes away to...

...That cave where the meeting will take place

-Silent arrives there, Maekrite on his shoulder, and presumably sees any of the others-

WAAPT Meeting

"Great. Like we couldn't have one visit to some region without something like that to happen." -- sighs.

-Silent and Maekrite listen to the brief. The human is quick to raise his hand-

"So, you mean problems like... what? Orange Islands problems? Or, like... Orre problems?" -- sighs.

-Silent and Maekrite have listened to the brief's opening. The human is quick to raise his hand-

WAAPT Meeting

-As the conversation progresses and the situation with Constantin is mentioned, Silent listens to what everyone else is saying and wait s for a moment before asking another question, this time a bit more longwinded-

"Yeah, we know what predators are like. We've... some of us, been in that role, you know. Now... do I even count for something in all this feud between Constantin and you people? Because as much as it's not my business and I'm probably not anywhere near the level, I am working on some things with Maekrite and if this 'Cons' ever shows up with 'thin out one from the herd' intentions I'd rather make sure such a stupid strategy earns him a lot of pain."

-Listens to Ren-

"And yeah, what is this about yet another future? I only have information of, like, about two or three of them."

-At that mention Maekrite shyly looks away-

The WAAPT meeting

-Silent and Maekrite hear the (silent) part about a PEFE meeting, discuss the matter in hushes as they listen for a moment,  A moment later Silent gives a curt nod of acknowledgement to Tagg-

I hope it's not about the audits though... eugh...

-Something comes up re Lex being a support to Constantine-

-raises hand-

"Ya know, he being not bad might be cute and all those things that you want, but it only stresses that he has to be taken out of the confrontation as solidly as possible.  Like Pentigan said, it's tech. Most likely Constantine won't be able to use it well on his own, let alone develop further. We need to cut that dangerous supply line to him, and it needs to be done well." -- shrugs -- "Now, if it is by a heartily teatime or by smacking him on the head, I don't mind much, but if we go after Lex in any way, that means we'll have to protect him from Constantine as well."

-As he listens to the part about Infinite energy, Maekrite scoffs. The gesture is more or less imitated by Silent-

"So he has infinite energy. So what? I've read some of the classified briefings.  It's not really any different to what any Pokémon is capable to do. I don't think it somehow is the only source of energy capable of, say, plowing through entire cities or something silly such as smashing meteorites."

WAAPT Meeting, yesterday

-Sees Ilya transform-

-Fascinating Eyebrows-

.Maekrite doesn't let out any more expression that flicking his whiskers-

"So... hmmm... maybe I should have seen this coming. Nice to meet you."

Maekrite♂ -waves a paw, flatly but without any animosity: <S'up.>

-shrugs-

"Yeah, nothing too weird."

-Listening to information about Zrone, Leng and bases, Maekrite turns to Tagg-

Maekrite♂: <I'd be in for smashing things if I was more evolved. But if it's at least to flatten a couple of buildings, why not Dintel?>

-Silent pokes Maekrite-

"I'm not letting Dintel go smashing things alone."

Maekrite♂ -frowns: <I said I wasn't in for smashing things. Not that I wouldn't mind putting my foot down on one or two mean people.>

Sootopolis Gym, Time-Shenaniganed

-Aiki's gym battle against "Juan" the Samurott rages on.-

-Seeing the Moonblast and running out of space to try and avoid it, the Kingdra tries to shield herself with water-type energy. That works just as well as one would expect from a makeshift inconvenient shield, and the Kingdra is sent skidding across the platform, groaning, which the Samurott finds amusing for all of a second-

-The Kingdra fans her dorsal fins trying to make some friction with the ice or at least to build up some airbraking...-

-And then...-

-The Kingra's body reaches the edge of the platform...-

-...and falls down from it.-

"Juan" the Samurott♂: "...Heh... That might be a very good knockout..." -- steps in the same direction as the KIngdra felll to get a better view, laughs -- "...But we're still here to fight!"

-And in effect were Aiki to observe in the same direction, he would see the the Kingdra hanging from the edge of the platform with nothing but her now frozen snout. She looks, to say the least, displeased with this turn of events-

Kingdra is (partly) frozen solid!

Kingdra♀: <....bvbbbrbbvbbbbvbrbbvrbbvrbbrbrb!> -- wiggles, building up Water-type energy in a rage, trying to set herself free.

-"Juan" laughs again and decides to wait for a moment to see if Kingdra can release herself or if Aiki will make another move, tapping his earpiece for a moment, as he mulls over what move to use in these complicated circumstances-