Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

Warped Courtyard, earlier

-Silent observes as the Hablerie taking damage as Cu Sith attempts to leap away from the bubbles, and thinks for a moment-

Well if we're fighting here like we are fighting in the physical world, that means we might be able to make this work...

"Cu Sith, do you know Howl?"

-The Herdier figure is busy shaking some water off himself and groans at the question-

Cu Sith: I'm a dog. Or at least you perceive this part of yourself as one.

"R-right, still getting used to this. You know what to do."

-Cu Sith stares at the Halberie for a moment, then rushes at him, letting out a Howl and reading to chain into an Ice Fang again as he gets closer-

-While that happens, Silent listens as the individual called Margaret readies to intervene...-

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

1,252 (edited by CorvusAtrox 2016-02-11 17:24:57)

Warped Courtyard, past

-The Hablerie takes a bit more damage from the Howl and Ice Fang combo, but is still kicking-

-Though, as soon as Yoshitsune attacks, the Hablerie is obliterated with all the others-

"Welcome. Do you have some... b u s i n e s s?"

"Halt dein Höllesobst mir fern, Versucher." ~ jedesdummisel

Warped and Somewhat Destroyed Courtyard, past

-Cu Sith makes his way back to Silent after the attack, trying to rest from his labored breathing, and groans. Silent on the other hand raises an eyebrow at the landscape having been so vastly damaged-

"Well that's one way of dealing with your issues." -- turns around -- "So what's going on? What is coming?"

-Cu Sith shakes off some water, sprinkling everywhere, though Silent doesn't seem to mind-

-Silent listens as Mondo asks a particular question about the group hosting the J-Team participants. Then as he sees the look Jacob gets:-

"Huh. Child soldiers, to the front, then!"

Goldenrod Colony, Today

-Inka and Ba' are resting outside their burrow, brushing each other and passionately speaking to each other's ears, because they are cute like that.-

«My darling pointy, mint berry, curious émar~ »

-He headbumps her and then brushes his muzzle against her flank, taking in the scent of morning berries and of muddled dirt from the burrow. He stretches a bit and breathes harder-

«My silly, ferocious and tidy teal ball of love~»

-She licks him and then pushes his head away, to rest her head against his neck, while also flattening the spikes on her back that are getting a bit uncomfortable at the moment-

«My-»

-Inka senses something fustling the leaves on the ground and looks ahead to see a couple of small Nidos staring long at them, which prompts Inka to flatten her ears against her head. She wondered idly how long had they been watching-

Nido kitteh: O.O O.O ^.^

«Uhm...»

-She turns to Baluarkos who is staring back at the kitteh with a fang bared-

«I thought we had sent them away... they're supposed to be on training.»

«I know right? Schooling these days...»

-The three small Nidos flicker their ears trying to get a better grasp on what their parents are doing-

-Baluarkos coughs, snaps out of it and leans to his side-

«I got this...»

-He then shuffles around the leaves besides him a little and produces a [Heart Scale]! Of course, the kitteh are instantly mesmerized at the sight-

«....Oooh!»

«I want one!»

-Baluarkos pushes the small token a bit to the side-

«Now kitteh, go spend at Calino's. Make sure to practise your [bartering]!»

«Yay!»

-The three small Nidos scuffle over possession of the Heart Scale for a moment, kicking out some dirt off the ground as the two parents observe. A moment after one of the females emerges victorious and, Heart Scale in her grasp, rushes downhill with the other two siblings following shortly-

-...-

-...-

-Inka yawns and bites Baluarkos's ear-

-The two then go back to relaxing (that's what they call it now, it seems). Likely they are also fondly remembering the old days of when they first met.-

Velvet Room

-Silent, as various others, enters the Velvet Room, he looks at some of the people around as he tidies himself a bit-

"Sorry, hmmm... Sol was complaining a lot that I was late for a meeting."

Velvet Room

-The Wheel of Fortune reveals a picture of Foudre-

"...Well that's auspicious." -- listens to Ren' comment, frowns at Elizabeth - "Marvelous so far, even... I presume this is where we suit up?"

Velvet Room

-Silent nods at Ren as he watches Mendel going on ahead-

"...I guess so long as we have his back, he will be OK." -- dons his glasses -- "That said, I guess we all better make a good performance here, even if I still think I look a bit ridiculous with these..."

-He stops to check the Room for a moment, then crosses through the gate and into...-

????

-Silent looks around at the few trees, frowns. He then takes his glasses off, looks around, frowns more, and puts his glasses back on-

"If anything, there's no place for the opponent to actually hide that is not..." -- cuts himself short -- "yeah I don't think that kind of thinking works here."

-Walks aorund, though taking care to not get any separated from the others, and still keeping an eye on Mendel-

????? (Grassland)

-Silent shrugs at Jacob's comment about going the other direction-

"Oddly enough, I'm not sure if to say that that's running away from our problems, or running into more problems..."

-Looks to the city in the distance for a moment and takes note of Mendel's notice about Cu Sith-

"Noted much, thank you Mendel... That sure will come handy if and when we have to face those things. I mean..." -- points to the city -- "How far is it anyway? I mean, if we want to go we'll want those Shadows to not catch up with us, right?"

CU

-The enemies appear! Silent steps back a bit and raises his arm, producing Cu Sith's card. He stops for a moment to listen to Mendel's report on the creatures... and to look at the weird face on the chain ball-

"...Wut"

-shakes some sense back onto self-

"Niazam Beasts? At least the names are interesting... let's see what else can they do. Pokésona! Cu Sith, front and center!"

-A waving gesture through the card later, Cu Sith realizes-

Cu Sith: "Aha, a strained march of cat and dog." -- leers back for a moment -- "I take it you don't mind if I limber up a little."

"By all means... and then you go Crunch through them."

-Cu Sith waves his head then proceeds to Work Up for a boost; after he charges up, he leans forward and trots towards one of the Shadows, making sure to not just blindly rush at the creature-

-(response)-

CU

-After the two Shadows are defeated, things happen, that end up with some Hoopa rings...

"...Wh-?"

-And Silent is scooped up by one of them together with Joe, Jacob, Pent and Dune-

"...I was juuuuuust getting used to the place!"

CU "City"

-Silent lands there ungracefully with the others. After some time of yelling and arcing in pain he sighs, stands up and takes a brief look around. Of course, having worked a good portion of his life in Goldenrod, he more or less makes something out of that-

"...Yeah, this reminds me of Goldenrod a tiny bit."

-He squints as he looks to the "west", to try and see if the sea can be seen, only to be sure-

"Hmmm... Not that much like it I guess. I'll have to commend later the person with such a good imagination."

-Cu Sith comes around after shaking himself and stares at Silent for a while-

"...Yeah, I know. Not that bad. Still, as I screamed for dear life back there..." -- tidies himself up -- "I was getting used to the grassland-y place..."

-to Pent and Jacob-

"You all well?"

CU "City"

-Verax and Pent respond each on their own way, Silent takes note of Pent's suggestion but as he looks around he can't make up any specific features.-

"Well... I guess this is not mine. As if the weird faces on the chain balls were any not-indication..." -- blushes.

-Walks around with Cu Sith following nonchalantly; after checking some buildings in the distance, scratches his head-

"Not enough offices or anything that resembles... work. And home is... quite different from Goldenrod. no AU hints either, I hope that's a good sign..."

-Cu Sith stands right in front of Silent-

Cu Sith: "So, you, we, know little enough of these people so as to not being able to suggest any references."

-Silent [Leers] at him, then takes note of Joe's comment-

-to Joe-

"Well, I guess I'm as ready as I can get, plusminus minor pains in parts of my body I'd rather not mention from the fall."

-back to Cu Sith-

"Ya know... Why don't you go sniff somewhere? I take it in between you being a dog Pokémon... thing and you being a mental construct, you can interact with this place better than I can."

Cu Sith -wags tail as he notices the Leer: "Ooooh so that's true, you can do that!"

-makes a mock "defense fell!" gesture and walks away-

-Silent covers his face for a moment then continues to look around-

CU, "City"

-Suddenly a Nizam Beast appears!-

-And heads right for Cu Sith, who at the moment was unaware (very likely because Silent was), with Dune and Jacob noticing. It is Jacob who intervenes blinding the Nizam Beast, which prevents him from hitting Cu Sith with full strength-

Cu Sith: "...Gahh!" -- rolls on the ground after taking damage, shakes himself up.

-Silent feels the pain as well and as he tries to shake the buzzing sensations off, commands Cu Sith to leap back into battle as the Nizam goes after Pyro Jack.-

-With Seiten already on the case, and fighting and punching his way through, however, things finish before Cu Sith can really intervene. However as he trots back to Silent, he can hear a song coming from somewhere-

"...Huh?" -- Slient tries to focus on the song -- "Atropos? Sounds like a videogame character name..."

?????

-Sol is in a dimly lit room, sitting on a detective sofa somewhere, enjoying a warm sauce of milk while she curiously reads what seems to be a printed report-

Sol the Espeon♀ -seems to be reading some printed pages: <Silent, who has totally been there running with the others, he swears,> -- twirls her tail in a sarcastic and much cat-like fashion- <as they escape a very big claw, has managed to, ahem...> -- frowns- <somehow slid into an alley that was refered to in the above link.>

-She pauses and skims through the following lines while licking one of her paws, then blinks for a moment and scrolls up to resume-

<The group is inquired by a voice making claims about fate. Some like Jacob and Pent boast back, Silent doesn't because he's catching his breath. He's good at walking, but not so much at running, you see. Oh well...>

-She sips some milk and continues her narration-

<Dune asked if anyone was seeing any possible location for this foe, and though Silent would not initially have noticed anythig he would have presumably have this mental companiion 'Cu Sith' ready to observe.> -- she breaks from the narration for a moment -- <I love the concept of summonable entities. Which makes sense because I'm one~> o3o

-She clears her throat, stretches and resumes reading in a more serious tone-

<So, going back to this 'city' of sorts then...>

CU, City

-Cu Sith was exploring around the alley and saw what appeared to be a sign for a shortcut. He quickly growled back at Silent for him to notice-

-to Jacob's question of if it's not a trap shortcut-

"...We are inside a sort of mental construct. What makes you not-think the other one is also a trap, or even a road to anyway?" -- turns to Cu Sith-- "What about you?"

Cu Sith: "If we have to run I'd much prefer the shortcut."

-Silent thinks nervously for a moment, scratches his head, even more after Pent calls attention to the sign. After a serious save for Jacob though, he decides to follow the others as they take the road to the "Radio Tower"-

Cu Sith: "...I wanted the shortcut!" -groans.

"You can freely prance around in my mind later. Now come!"

Later

-As the group runs, they eventually come to an enemy, a Scizor in a dress, and man that sounds kinda weird. Anyway, the creature instantly begins attacking the group because apparently their times are up...-

"So, cutter of threads?" -- motions for Cu Sith to move in -- "Sorry, but am more of a single-thread kind of person, and I'd very much prefer that my task ended naturally, and successfully. Cu Sith, go for an Ice Fang!"

-The dog Pokémon-creature rushes in to try and take advantage of Atropos' potential retaliation to Seiten's close quarter attacks and deliver a nasty bite-

(response)

CU, City

-Time for an all out attack!-

-To which Silent commands Cu Sith to contribute with a Howl→Strength combo, being mindful to not get in the way of an also incoming Overheat-

CU, City

-Cu Sith observes as Atropos is dispelled into a puff of smoke. He brags a bit while Silent congratulates the others for a work well done.-

??????

-Sol coughs and goes sip some more milk, even if by now it's a bit cold-

Sol♀: <Unfortunately, he is not the kind of person to read enough books about the supernatural.> -- twirls tail and makes a sound more or less like a giggle -- <Or he, unlike some of us, lacks certain kinds of... [awareness], of the fact that, see, merely rendering certain opponents into a fine mist doesn't always work, depending on the continuity. Ironically, these characters and even me are all by the same author. Go figure.>

-She observes her plate of milk, almost empty-

<Now if you excuse me you'll have to continue reading by yourselves. The microwave is waiting.>

CU, City

-to Pent and the others-

"Like I was saying congratulations everyone. I think this is a good way to start the day, at least in what regards to giant mental... metal... hands is concerned."

-Silent is aware enough to observe as Cu Sith sniffs around the remaining smoke, and the human wishes he had some of his Pokémon around. In particular the ones that could learn [Defog], for he doesn't consider it a useless move, even less now. All this for what the Herdier knows, Silent knows...-

"I think we should be moving to the tower faster, not to mention ideally not as a singular group."

Cu Sith: "Is the shortcut sti-"

"No! Let's just..."

Steven's House, pre-DE

-Steven stares at Silent, who in turn has been staring off into space for several minutes.

Steven: ...Dr. Silent? Hello?

-waves a hand in his face-

My girlfriend is a Volcarona, your argument is invalid.

PEFE Goldenrod

-Mendel knocks on Silent's office door.-

Mendel: Professor Silent, there is a meeting of the Contractors happening again. Will you join us this time? I'd like your opinion on some things.

-Mendel turns to see the blue door opposite Silent's office's door.-

Mendel: ... The entrance is just outside your office.

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

PEFE Goldenrod

-Sol and Lileep can be seen arguing about something in Monese, while Maekrite is napping at the corner-

-A message requesting to "pay us a visit" arrives for Silent. As he and Sol are arguing over who gets to watch over Lileep, Mendel arrives-

-To Mendel-

"A meeting? So I've heard." -- starts packing some things, stops cold remembering that makes no sense -- "Hmmm, having an entrance right here happens to be so convenient. Let's go then."

Maekrite: <I guess I just wait over here...> -- yawns.

"Yeah, no worries. Sol can tell you if anything weird happens." -- to Mendel. "Oh and explain on the road. Figuratively speaking."

-Silent goes with Mendel, leaving Sol and Lileep staring at each other-

The Velvet Room
-Mendel gives a hurried recap of the Questions he asked before entering Joseph's Dungeon.-

Mendel: ... And well the last couple of times there have been some close shaves. I was wondering I you had any advice on supporting a large group.

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

The Velvet Room

-Silent listens to Margaret and paces around with some uneasiness-

"Yeah, we rock," he says somewhat sarcastically. "I get that. So, we have to see who's next..."

-he then listens to Mendel's commentary and some questions-

"Hmmm... working as a large group has its ups and downs, but most of them boils down to two aspects of strategy, Mendel. And that's very important considering what you say is on the line."

-He thinks of time pasts and of universes other of which he happens to be unfortunate to have had experience of-

"The first is the balance of our skillset. It matters not if you bring the best people into this job if the others who are less capable are going to bite the dust anyway. While not everyone needs to be capable of the same skills, they each need to be capable to stand on their own. Success comes from teamwork, which is to be understood as the combination of personal expertises. Send each team member to accomplish the job they can do best."

-He paces around while explaining, taking on a more somber tone as memories flow back-

"The second... hmmm... and I'm not sure how it would work in this realm, is communication. When I was in the Scolemis wars, or when Pleo was kidnapped, or when Charon tried to trigger a new Hoenn apocalypse... much of the success relied in our groups being able to communicate with each other effectively. We need to not only be able to relay our position and situation but also our progress and our identification of allies and foes. And that might be very important in a world which is, somewhat, defined by the human mind, if it is true that everyone's worst enemy is always themself."

-Shrugs-

"I guess a way to instantly communicate potential death situations and request rescue would be in the least appreciated."

The Velvet Room

-After the morality wheel spin, Silent thanks Margaret and Theo for their comments and then equips his personal eye-wear-

"All that said, I guess it's time to put on our business suits and do our best effort. Just, please, take into consideration what we might be needing some improvements."

-to the others in general-

"While the communication thing gets worked on, I suggest if any of you is in danger, you SCREAM. Am still unsure how mind things work exactly but if anything our canine Pokésonas should be able to sense that kind of thing, I guess?"

-And steps into the blue light, to enter...-

The CU: ????

-...a grassy cliff above a sea of clouds-

"And I can't bring Copahue for this one. Really?"

-Silent looks around, keeping a watch on the edges, thinking that 'something' enemy might emerge from the clouds-

"Hmmm... what exactly are we expecting of this one?"

The CU - Pagoda

-Events transpire leading to Jacob being blown into a dark mist by Shadow!Jacob. This being Silent's first experience with a Shadow Self, he steps back and stands ready to summon Cu Sith, though he seems to be frozen for a moment as he observes-

"Damn it. I had JUST given a small talk about this kind of stuff..."

-He manages to recover quickly though-

"Pentigan! Lane! Can your companions help us track this second creature this Shadow was talking about? if there is even one..."

-Out of his stupor, he proceeds to materialize his card and slices it with a swipe of his hand-

"Po·ké·so·na! Cu Sith! There's truth to discern here!"

-With this the Herdier materializes and after waving a hi to Silent and the rest, starts to sniff around, while eyeing the smoke Shadow!Jacob disappeard into-

The CU Pagoda

-Silent observes as Pythagoras' Reflect covers the group-

"Okay, note taken, we need to learn some of those things."

Cu Sith: "Don't tell me, it's you who-" -- sniffs around.

-Silent observes as the Herdier picks a scent coming from the room behind them, and positions himself to cover that direction.

"What's that? Can you sense something?"

Cu Sith: "I think there's another demon out there, or it might be the same one after moving recently."

-to Mendel, while looking at the summoned Pokesonas-

"Any idea why can't you detect the other one? Are we sure we're missing one?" -- thinks for a moment, walks to Cu Sith -- "I think at this point the safest way to do is to move onwards, I'm just not sure if to do so as a block or not."

(For his trouble Cu Sith gets smacked on his snout)

-For his troubles, Cu Sith gets smacked on the snout by a Ghoul's Fire Punch. That sucks, for Silent as well, who winces in pain and waves his hand around him as if trying to shake off a "burn"-

"The heck...!"

-Cu Sith meanwhile rolls on the ground and tries to get back up, but listens to Mendel's report on the creature-

Cu Sith: "Great, so..." -- shakes his face, then turns to Silent with a smirk -- "what do I do? Look at him ugly?"

"...Hey! It works sometimes..." -- thinks for a moment -- "You could just roar at him but I'd suggest a Helping Hand."

-Cu Sith groans then leaps back and turns to the other Pokesonas, as his body starts emitting a purple-ish glow, as he also starts receiving the effects of the Heal Pulse-

Cu Sith: "Here you have, ye who want it. A bit of support and please tell that damn Ghoul my snout says hi."

-Meanwhile Silent tries to move forwards to see if the other, non-cloaked enemy attempts to approach-