Re: PMD Returns: stories of PMD-A and PMD-B

(After this post)

After getting an answer from the shepard, the Nidorino wondered for a moment if there was anything special going on. He excused himself and walked up closer to the Skarmory, ears flickering. He did not like her presence, and he felt the situation with the Espeon was all too weird, but he decided to suppress judgment on the matter until his ears could catch up more of what was going on.

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

(After this)

The Nidorino simply waves his right paw.

????: <Oh I'm OK, I was just wondering why is that Espeon attacking that gator... usually one would think the food chain goes the inverse. Although, if you want to buy [herbs]...> -- shows off his small basket.

(After this post)

The Nidorino waves his right paw again.

????!Nidorino: <Oh, reading memories uh? Must be unconfortable... I wouldn't like it no thanks, Poison type here...> -- shakes head and steps back -- <It's OK then... don't worry. I'm just going to wander around doing absolutely nothing of relevance. Unless you somehow get currency to spend, that is...>

The Nidorino turns tail and walks away in a random direction. Meanwhile, the Espeon tries to search deeper until he senses something warm, if harsh, all around him.

«...Oh? Where is this...? ...Ouch! Take this~! ....? Food? Outside?»

The Espeon lets himself be dragged by the very faint memories for a moment, becoming stronger and lifting the veil that covers them as he falls in tune with the sensations that surround them, lost into the shape of (rusted up to an almost unbelievable point) routine in the adult brain of the gator.

«....Oh! Food outside~ Mom is going to teach us to be a good hunter!» -- purrs.

(After this post)

Espeon: «...Don't worry, I won't tell anymon. You won't have much to be ashamed of yourself though...» lets mind wander to his own memories of past -- «After the times of chaos, it was customary for mons to seek the forgiveness of prey that they had to best in combat...»

The Espeon "parks" his mind in the memory he was examining on Lake. He focuses his power and, very slowly, the figure of a large, very large Feraligator starts materializing, covering the mental view of Lake and other three or four small Totodile-like figures.

The veil slowly starts fading away revealing some details of the surroundings, but since those are filtered by the perception of a Totodile back then, feel hard for the Espeon to comprehend.

Espeon: «Try to focus on this thought for some time... and you'll find your truth. I can not expand much more on it myself, since you yourself did not walk out of your mother's reach back then...»

The Espeon releases his lock on Lake's memory and then slowly returns to reality; the first thing he does is to arc his body to maintain balance and then leaps down the ground, closer to Skye.

Espeon -shakes head clearing his thoughts: <...Soon it'll be your turn...>

(After this post)

Espeon: <...Fine then, here I go~>

The Espeon leaps up to Skye's back, with some difficulty because of both his previous incursion and because clinging to the Steel Pokémon's body was a much harder task that required somewhat uncomfortable use of fangs.

????!Nidorino: <...Those peoplemons are all [nut]jobs...>

Espeon: <So... let me examine your mind and tell me what do you want me to try to find.>

The Espeon starts focusing on the memories Skye holds, finding her much much harder to examine, as if somehow a veil of unwritten history was covering the Skarmory's memories, as well as the already hard to process sensory barriers. Still, as soon as he found a random tendril of memories floating around, he clung to it with his full attention, hoping that Skye would be able to guide him in the right directio of whichever she, in the end, wanted to go.

(After this post)

Espeon: «...So you have lost a friend. Haven't we all? You knew him, you expected him to stay... do you know him as he surprised you?»

The Espeon tries to find more memories related to that moment, inquiring Skye for approval. Upon sensing something that at least indicates he is not going to be pecked as retribution, the Espeon continues to dig deeper, looking for mysteries of the past...

(After this post)

Espeon: «...Again with the human stuff? Ugh... I guess at this point I should no longer question it... though,» -- takes a mental look at Skye and Lake -- «had the humans that much difficulty to understand, beyond the barrier of spoken language? Or... did they just not want to see...»

Feeling the presence of this Pokémon in the memories is important, the Espeon inquiries mentally to Skye whether he should continue digging, or perhaps switch to somewhere else, or just drop the matter altogether.

Meanwhile, outside...

????!Nidorino -walks along a Sentret couple: <...[Herbs]? Very fresh and nice, only Ꝑ12. Come on, you only get these prices near the [Perch]...>

(From...)

Understanding of the Skarmory's desires, Espeon "hops off" her mind and returns to reality, with the already known effect of having to shake himself up after reaching the ground to fully regain his personal senses.

Espeon: <I should really look to collect from my services using another currency...> -- notices the nearby Nidorino pestering some Hoppip, returns his attention to Skye and Lake -- <I hope what I have shown you is of use... but for me, I think the time of mere mental examination is over.> -- swings a paw dramatically.

Unruins of Alph

∽Last night∽

After receiving the thanks from Skye and Lake, the Espeon goes drink some water from a drink, smiling as the Nidorino is trying to chase a small Pidgey flock and convince them to buy [herbs]. After that he returns to the group, and waves them a goodbye presumably before they go to sleep.

∽This morning~

The Espeon wakes up after a night of sleeping on a nearby tree. He yawns and leaps down to take a look around when he notices a greenish-Salamence landing nearby. With a Rattata on his muzzle.

Espeon -looks quizically: <...My, I can see somemon elese likes the good cuisine...>

A certain Nidorino can be seen scampering around, giving chase to a family of Pidgeys trying to convince them to switch to Treicko buy some [herbs]...

(After this)

Espeon -watches the Salamence swallow down the last bit of Rattata with a small hint of exasperation: <...Ah, hey. I am a seer in search of knowledge. Well, uhm...> -- twirls tail -- <was a seer. I've  been thinking about moving to another line of business...>

The Espeon takes a good look at the Salamence. In a certain way, he felt "goofy". There was also the detail that in all his time here, he had never seen a shiny Salamence. «Yeah, the universe is trying to tell me something

(After this)

Espeon -blinks a couple of times: <...And here I thought I had seen all.>

He turns and walks around for a moment, thinking. Then he addresses Gino again.

Espeon: <Well, it can not be as weird as those weird mons who "remember" there are humans around. Can you believe that kind of stuff?> -- waves a paw -- <Still, if you want to, you're pretty lucky. You'll be my last client as a seer. I'll only charge you Ꝑ200... or a favor after we're done...>

(After this)

Espeon: <...You spent more than Ꝑ200 on fish? Mon I wish I was that lucky...>

The Espeon walks around thinking, then nods at Gino and climbs up his back. Much, much easier than the 'gator with a scarf, definitively.

????!Nidorino -some distance away, looking down to the grass: <...Come on, I can leave it in Ꝑ6, just for you...>

Random Caterpie♀: <...No thanks~> -- wiggles away.

Espeon: <Here we go then. Hang on...>

The Espeon clings to the Salamence's head with his claws (not a hard task) and starts focusing on the Salamence's memories. At first it's pretty hard because he has to filter away various layers of thought on barrel rolls, graceful flying technique, gliding technique, why to fly, when to fly, how to fly when raining, how to catch Rattatas («....I'll keep this one~ :3») on the fly, how to orientate yourself when flying, words in 8 Monese dialects for flying, how to react to a Draco Meteor strike when flying, wanting to fly, how to explain flying to a Bagon, and how to brood manly and properly when you can not fly.

After about three minutes of trying to dig in, the Espeon finally finds a memeory tendril apparently not related to flying. It's "tossed" in the most recent section of memories in Gino's brain and seems to have a weight to push backwards for some reason. Piqued, the Espeon grabs it...

(In response to this...)

Espeon: <...I miss my mom~> -- sniffs -- <Uh... ah. Oh, yes, memories and stuff. Riiiight.>

The Espeon lands on the grass, wipes a couple of tears, blames it on an allergy and wishes Gino good luck.

Espeon: <...I don't know why suddenly everyone believes in fairy tales about humans but whatever, I think I have a cleaner idea now... I've heard very embelished tales about humans are told in the region of Unova. Whoever is telling them must be quite skilled because, honestly, you guys feel like you were drugged living in a fantasy world.>

The Espeon goes drink some water again, then returns to Gino.

Espeon: <As for payment, that favour we talked about... Do you have a day of spare time? It'll take less than that, but I don't want to make promises.>

(In response to this...)

The Espeon gives a :3 face, looks pretty content; he lets out a faint, yet eager desire to smack some peoplemons silly.

Espeon: <Oh, see... I want to begin a new life. No more just collecting knowledge but also using it. From now on, I'm gonna be known as Espeon, P.I.>

The cat mon walks around for a moment explaining that he's spent his life wishing he could do thrilling, interesting stuff, but always felt like he was unprepared; he put up his mind to collect as much knowledge about Pokémon attacks as possible so that he could be ready to react to whatever was coming his way, which is why he employed himself as a seer and charged in memories instead of money. But now, he felt he could not waste more time.

Espeon: <I'm convinced now there's this Lansat [smuggling ring] somewhere to the west. Now I think I can do something about it, but...> -- sighs -- <I'm not strong enough yet. If you could take me to the [sacred forest to the South] and stick with me long enough to pin down a thug or two... you could give them quite a good scare...>

(Looks like this post... :cool: was replied to.)

Espeon: <...Really? Like, really? Thanks! You are a great cat-like-dragon-thing! Hang on, I'll go fetch my stuff...>

After a moment the Espeon returns with a small stash and a necklace holding a Shell Bell. The Nidorino from before eyes the scene curiously as he scratches his ears with his right paw.

Espeon: <Well, then we can go. This will be glorious! We'll teach them...> -- hops up to Gino's back -- <Let's fly south, to the [sacred forest]! I'll guide you~>

YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH~!

(After this post...)

Espeon: <....Whoa!!!! Had never fllown this high in. my. life!!!> -- hangs to Gino's neck for dear life. -- <To the southwest! To JUSTICE!!!!>

As the two Pokémon disappear in the horizon, the Nidorino is sitting on the grass with his basket, observing. He looks around all directions noticing most mons who were around are now gone.

????!Nidorino: <...So, going to the settlements and the dense forests, eh? Hmmmm....> -- gives some aside glances -- <Well, I could stand to try my lines of business closer to [flow] (lapine for "burrow") as well...>

The Pokémon picks his basket up, turns around and walks away fast, disappearing soon into the tall grass...

Ilex Forest Sacred Forest

It's a normal Friday of normality, where absolutely no abnormal things happen. Caterpie and Weedle are wiggling around, noming leaves under the watchful eye of a Butterfree or a Beedrill. Hoothoots announce the passing of the normal minutes of a Friday, with one of them complaining something about a "leap second" coming soon and annoying the rest. A Spinarak is bullying two smaller Spinarak to get their lunch money and spend it on Lansat juice. Two Growlithe are examining the grass in search of an easy meal. A small Stantler herd, having taken a detour from their usual migration route, enjoy the view of the small mountainridge to the east. A mother Raticate is gathering her offspring for a small trip to the western beach. Two or three random Paras annoy passerbies with their incredibly low encounter rate.

Yup, it's a normal Friday.

Nothing weird or unexpected could possibly happen.

(After this)

Espeon♂ -hanging to Gino's neck: <.....SLOWER SLOWER SLOWER!!!! O_O>

The surprise arrival of a Salamence, a greenish one at that, causes instant ruckus in the forest. All small creatures start scrambling, yelling for their lives, as they head to their nests or towards anything that could possibly provide a shelter, not that it'd last too long against a raging Salamence.

Espeon: <Ugh... Okay, hang on, hang on... I'm just going to touch land...>

Of course, more than some peoplemons are unhappy at that. As the Espeon jumps down to land trying to shake the sensation of speed off himself, the sound of buzzing - a lot of buzzing - can be heard coming from the densest part of the forest.

The Stantler herd meanwhile has instantly disappeared, hidden behind an illussion of a herd of the most boring creature they know of...

...A Dunsparce colony.

(After this)

The Espeon tried focusing, obviously sensing some distress in the angry buzzing approaching.

Espeon: <...The smugglers? Wish I knew! That's why I want to be a P.I.!> -- walks before Gino -- <But I have strong suspicions about who the dealers are. And with a big dragon like you around... we should be able to uncover them easily.>

Across the clearing several Pokémon are making their away. A Noctowl was angrily staring at the duo from a perch, apparently exasperated at his lost chance for an easy meal. From behind some trees, a couple of Rattata, Oddish and Swadloon were looking expectant. A Leavanny appeared out of nowhere and entered the clearing, facing Gino decidedly to give the children time to reach safety.

Leavanny♀: <B-b-b-big monster, go away!> -- points to the direction the angry buzzing comes from -- <Leave our children alone, or else!>

Taking the opportunity, most Spinarak were already climbing to the safety the dense branches could offer, and the Oddish were gathering in small groups and camouflaging themselves in the tall grass.

Espeon -hushing to Gino: <...I have the slight impression we are not exactly welcome...>

As soon as those words are pronounced, a group of four Beedrill arrive to the clearing and start dancing around Gino and Espeon. To the possible surprise of both of them, a Ursaring appears following the quartet.

(After this)

Beedrill #1: <meeeeeep>

The Beedrill fly back but keep circling the duo. Espeon turns to the Ursaring who seems to just be standing there not caring much about anything.

Espeon: <....Er, look, we are not here to nom peoplemons.>

Ursaring♂: <As if I care. Could you please not upset the Beedrill? Or I'll have to smack you...> -- steps forward.

At that, some of the Pokémon start chatting and some others start reaching closer; the Hoothoot that was watching the clearing lets out a shriek and flies northwest, after which some Oddish and Caterpie also disappear in different directions.

Leavanny♀ -to the Ursaring: <...Well? Aren't you going to do anything? Get that dragon out of here?> -- points to the mess caused.

The Ursaring simply shrugs and leaves the Beedrill to deal with the issue. One of them approaches Gino and Espeon and in a very very very "fear for my life" delicate tone asks if the two are going to stay too long.

(After this post)

At the mention of suspicious characters, all Pokémon started eyeing each other with hints of curiosity, blaming or threatening. For a moment it felt like things were not as nice in the forest after all. Everyone were staring at each other, everyone was under suspicion.

Except the "Dunsparces". While they gave some shifty looks in various directions, no mon bothered with them.

Espeon: <...I feel even less welcome now.> -- pats Gino -- <Lemme try something.>

The Espeon walks up to the Ursaring, eyeing the Beedrill with some nervousness, and addresses the larger Pokémon.

Espeon: <We meant no ill will. We are just trying to find a specific Pokémon to deal in business with.>

Ursaring: <...This business means I can not nom more honey?>

The Espeon fell perplexed for a moment, then turned to Gino for a hopeful moment and then back to the Ursaring.

Espeon: <...I don't think so, no.>

The Ursaring narrows his eyes at the Espeon, then at the Beedrill, after a moment he simply shrugs and turns back to walk away.

Ursaring: <As if I cared anyway. I was just making sure no one else wanted to steal that honey...>

One of the Beedrill flying around Gino leaves the Salamence and goes to talk to another one.

Random Beedrill #3: <...That's right, we were supposed to chase that Ursaring out of our hive when this happened...>

Random Beedrill #2: <.....> -- mentally facestingers -- <Don't tell the others... Fine then, random cat and... thing. You can stay for a while.> -- turns to his group -- <Everymon at the Ursaring!>

The Beedrill enter a frantic dance, poking the air with their stingers and scaring the smaller Pokémon around; then they start giving chase to the Ursaring, who hurries away. The Leavanny starts collecting some of the Oddish and Sewaddle to call them away from the Espeon.

Espeon -to Gino: <...It looks like we are on our own...>

(After this)

Espeon -to Gino, purring: <Don't worry, it wasn't your fault... and it actually helped ;) >

The Espeon tries to psychically examine the surrounding in search for mentions of Lansat berries, debts or that kind of stuff, however since the forest is populated by so many bugs, all he gets for his effort is a small headache.

Espeon: <We'll have to do this the old fashioned way, Gino... these dealers can be perfectly hidden between the populace. I have a suspicion but I'm not too sure...> -- he turns to Gino -- <If you were a drug dealer, how would you try to hide?>

(After this)

Espeon: <...A tree with guards? Most likely all important trees are guarded by Beedrill and Ariados... but I think you are up to something...> -- points to the Leavanny gathering the saplings -- <Those bastards, I'm sure they are dealing Lansat to saplings and kits... so the tree must be near a nest or a school.>

(After this :3)

Trying to think of what the Salamence has asked, the Espeon walks around for a moment, then he calls Gino to follow him so that they can find somewhere to stay or something to search for. He gives a look to the Leavanny as she leers back at them and pushes some saplings back to the safety of their nests.

Espeon: <...If we can get somemon to identify them... perhaps the saplings. We'll have to play cute :3> -- purrs.

Sacred Forest, At Night

Atop the remainders of a flat reddish coloured structure that could have once been a gate towards a town of extinct bipedals, an Ariados is sleeping while holding a spider web, her four or five Spinarak offspring sleeping around as well...

«…There, gone…»

...all but one, who has managed to apply a Indy Treasure Switcheroo with a dead Caterpie's carcass to escape his mother's care and is now climbing a tree down to the forest's grounds. He goes mostly unnoticed, most of the other inhabitants are too tired from the antics of the day to care.

«…Have to try again…»

The Pokémon moves to a nearby fallen trunk, where he starts scratching the bark and pounding on random leaves. He has to become strong and stronger...

«…As soon as school is over…»

Strong enough that he can deprive the other Spinarak from their lunch money and use it to get what he deserves...

...A tube of Lansat juice all for himself...