Re: PMD Returns: stories of PMD-A and PMD-B

Sacred Forest

<Eeeeeep~>

<Let go... let go...>

<This is all I have!!!>

Late in the afternoon, the day's schooling is ended and the small Spinarak start retuning to their homes or go exploring the nearby trees, some of them have more bruises than the others. As they spread out some Pokémon are watching, such as a random Noctowl, a random Slowpoke, a random family of Oddish and a random Beedrill or two.

Above in a tree, in one of the lower branches, a sole Espeon is resting, twirling tail, wondering how is he going to find out where the dealer is. He knows they will try to approach the children, meaning the youngest Pokémon around, but when and where, he has no idea.

Espeon: <...Hopefully Gino can help me once we find out...>

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

(After this, roger)

The Espeon eye-twitches at the sudden communication, something he wasn't expecting.

Espeon: «...Agent whut? Uhm... yeah, er, Agent Purrloinmence *my, at least the name is fitting...*, a lead you say? Point me to it, I'm drawing a blank here...»

He had been wondering how would such a big dragon pass unnoticed when he remembered the key word green. Also, with how cat-like he was, surely he would make friends among the population soon, even if only for the rarity factor.

The Espeon stood and climbed to a higher branch, thinking. If he was going to be a P.I., he would be needing a fitting name.

(After this)

Espeon: <Hmmm...>

The Espeon looks down from his branch to notice a Spinarak dragging a spider web bag behind some thickets and heading to the south. He quickly scanned the area looking for other Pokémon who could be going south as well, only noticing a couple of Rattata and a Weedle. But nothing larger or menacer moving in that direction.

Espeon: <...Perhaps the dealer is already there. Can you circle the area trying to look like you are hunting something, Gino? Need you to look normal within your rarity, no offense...>

The Espeon quickly leaps from branch to branch looking for lower, denser trees he can observe from.

(After this)

Sacred Forest Borders

There are some thickets to the south where various small mons are hiding, such as Spinarak, Rattata, Weedle, a random Oddish or two. Espeon wait atop a tree for a good while, noticing there are some hidden mons as well like a Noctowl and an Ekans, but they feel more hungry for actual food than for money. He frowns, wonders if something is going wrong. Espeon digs further with his psychic powers, feels a faint presence, but can not pinpoint out its location.

A couple of minutes pass without anything else than the random Rattatas wandering around, playfully nibbing on bark.

(After this)

Because he is worried that the Noctowl will Detect him, Espeon has been focusing his powers on hiding his presence, losing his concentration and his sight of the various small mons around. Coincidentally in that moment the Rattata get together, produce some small leave-made bags from a random hole in a random trunk, and start spreading in various directions. The Oddish and the Spinarak, noticing this, start following a Rattata each, in hopes of completing the deal of the day.

(After this)

Rattata #1 -nabbed and in pain: <...Eeeeek! Oh noes!>

Rattata #2: <...A monster!>

Rattata #3: <Run run run run!!!> -- starts running in circles.

Some of the other Rattatas, seeing themselves blocked, try to spread around as much as they can, two of the still free ones step back and pick their Lansat tube bag, holding it safe. Then one of the Rattata steps up and scratches Gino's tail for about ~0.0008 damage.

Rattata Leader: <...Hey! B-big thing shoo! Shoo! We are playing here!>

Two other Rattata stand besides their leader as well, showing off their fangs and necklaces holding Oran Berries attached to them.

Rattata #2: <Back off!>

At that moment the other Pokémon, some Oddish and Spinarak, reach the place and observe anxiously, hoping for the big Pokémon to just go away so that they can buy.

(After this)

Some of the Rattata look quite scared seeing one of their friends about to get nom'd by a Salamence of all things...

Rattata-in-a-mouth: <x_×>

...but the leading ones don't falter that easily.

Rattata Leader: <...This Lansat is ours to make money from! You are just a savage who noms mons!> -- motions to his subordinates.

Espeon leaps from the tree and approaches furtively, trying to stay behind the Ratattas's view. He sees the two Rattata besides the leader one fan out, and then he sees something more interesting - the Oddish and Spinarak who were here for the deal chime in and start spreading around.

Rattata #3 -to Gino: <You better fly away! We are not bottom percentage Rattata!>

Rattata #2 -to an Oddish: <...Hey you, children! If you want your Lansat we can leave it to you for free! Just help get rid of this dragon!>

The Oddish and Spinarak start looking at each other, nervous... and then they start all looking angrily at Gino and Espeon.

Espeon: -flattens ears: <...Why had I to be Psychic type today?>

(After this post)

Some of the Rattata and the assorted mons pale when they see their friend go down the Salamence's throat. Even the Noctowl shudders at the notion and decides to turn his head 180° away.

Rattata #3: <...Meeeep! My life...>

Gino INTIMIDATEd the Rattatas!
The Rattatas's ATTACK LEVEL sharply fell!
The Rattatas's BLADDER LEVEL sharply fell!

Espeon: <...That was weirdly effective... O_o>

Leader Rattata -to the Oddish: <...Come on, what are you waiting for! Stun Spore that dragon and you'll get Lansat for free!>

The Oddish shudder at the sight of the Salamence, but then they start crying and spreading their spores around. One of the Spinaraks is about to shoot Poison Stings at Gino, but he is swiped away by the Espeon, who then takes a leap to place himself nearer the Rattata group.

Espeon: <...You won't make it out of here! You better spill the berries!>

Rattata Leader: <..Nevah!!!> -- commands a subordinate to attack.

While the stun spore is spreading, four Rattatas pick their sacks and leap at their enemies, two at Gino and two at Espeon.

(After this post)

A Rattata is swept away by Gino's attack, fainting instantly. Meanwhile, Espeon turns the tables by purring and hissing, which scares the Rattatas, now he is chasing one of them.

The second Rattata that was attacking Gino though manages to evade the attack by virtue of being very small and not really a good jumper, so he couldn't reach as high as his teammate. He decides to slide under Gino's belly and try to attack from the other side.

Rattata Leader: <You keep on them! And the Oddish, try to do something more useful!>

One of the Rattatas meanwhile suddenly notices another Pokémon who has appeared in the scene, this time a Squirtle, and tries to gather enough courage to go confront him. I mean, it can not be that bad as facing a cat or a dragon, right?

(After this and this)

Rattata #5 -is hit by a Water Gun: <.....Gulp!>

The Rattata is pushed back and rolls on the ground. He stands up and shakes himself up, glances back at the rest of the group.

Rattata #5: <...Oh damn, if I could just win this one...> -- turns to the Squirtle -- <You, argh! I-I can still beat one of you!>

The Rattata leaps at the Squirtle for a Fury Swipes.

Meanwhile, one of the Rattata being chased by the Espeon P.I. decides to turn back and Screech out of a sudden; this catches Espeon off-guard, but he is smart enough to leap at and Bite the Rattata before he can try anything else, fainting him.

Espeon - to the other Rattata: <...Now, your turn. You can speak to me now, or speak later...>

The Rattata simply steps forward, growls and then charges at the Espeon. The Psychic cat fires a barrage of stars at his opponent, but at that very moment notices something is wrong.

Very wrong...

The stars, all of them, hit the Rattata head on, but the Pokémon has just produced something off his personal hammerspace that somehow tanks most of the hit as it allows the Rattata to hold to an ounce of energy...

The Rattata produces a FOCUS SASH!
The Rattata counters with ENDEAVOR!!

The Rattata quickly dashes at the Espeon and somehow hits him a couple of times with a great effort, leaving the Espeon wthin an ounce of his consciousness!

The Rattata who was attacking Gino is hit by the Aqua Tail as well, but also produces the magical artifact just in time, and braces himself to withstand the impact!

The Rattata produces a FOCUS SASH!
The Rattata counters with ENDEAVOR!!

The Rattata summons all of his energy and, shrouded in an aura of desperation, dashes at Gino to scratch and slash at him many, many times!!!

(In response to this)

Rattata #2 -leaps atop Gino: <A thousand scratches is too goof for-AAAAAGH!!!> -- is blasted away by the Hyper Beam HADOKEN!!! knocked out instantly.

Meanwhile, seeing the opportunity to finish off the cat lost, the Rattata attacking Espeon dashes to the nearest tree, hoping to dull if not evade part of the Surf.

The Rattata attacking Jeff is knocked out of balance and knocked by the FALCON PANCH before he can fully recover, he rolls a couple of times on the ground and lies there for a moment, in pain and trying to find the courage to get back up.

Rattata Leader -has climbed to a net provided by the Spinarak: <...Come on Oddish! Take those mons! They are Water-type!>

The Oddish, some of them weakened, very hesitantly start firing Absorb tendrils at Jeff and Swampert, while the two bravest and oldest of them get closer and try to Grass Knot the duo. No one bothers to target Swellow, who is well out of reach for them all.

(After this)

The effect of the Earthquake shakes the trees and thickets around, scaring some peoplemons. The Oddish are still waving Absorb tendrils at Marshtomp and Squirtle while from the branches of the nearby trees some cries of "mommy!", "it's like that party all over again!" and "the world is ending!" come.

One or two Spinarak hanging from spiderwebs shoot some silk at Gino's muzzle and forelegs trying to inmobilize him.

Espeon-on-a-Swellow -sees how things are going below: <...Oh those dealers won't get away from this one. Nice thing those Pokémon came in to help....>

(After this)

The young spiders watch the Stone Edge rocks and pebbles come at them, there's not much that can be done.

Spinarak #1: <...Eeeep!> -- faints.

Spinarak #4: <...Mommy!> -- faints.

Spinarak #3: <Tell dad... he's weird.> -- faints.

Spinarak #6: <Oh f-> -- faints.

The Rattata Leader, seeing himself overpowered, decides to pick up his tube bag and try to run away with it into the tall grass to hide. He doesn't count with Espeon watching from above though...

Espeon: <...Gino! To the east! He's going to the ancient caves!>

(After this and this)

The Rattata sees his path cut and holds his bag behind him, sweating.

Rattata Leader: <You damn, damn giant thing! I was making enough money to join the operation in Hoenn!> -- bares fangs -- <You are not taking these juices that easily!>

The Rattata starts shining white, and suddenly splits into four other Rattata, each one apparently with a bag.

Rattatas: <...Catch me if you can!> -- scramble all around.

Seeing this happen, Espeon requests to the Swellow to take him flying above the path of the running Rattata(s?). Meanwhile, the Oddish, seeing the Mightyena and the resistence the other Pokémon put to their attacks, start scrambling and crying, giving the battle away. While Dodosuke is resting, a shadowy figure passes right behind him and heads to where Gino is facing the Rattata leader, both Espeon and the curious Noctowl unaware of its presence.

(After this)

Rattata-3: <...HAHAHAHA So long suc-> -- is EQ'd, poofs out of existence.

Rattata-4: <You'll remember this day as the day you almost cau-OOOOOF!-> -- is EQ'd, poofs out of existence.

All of the Rattata images poof out of existence after being hit by the Earthquake, the real one tries to keep running despite the damage but tramples his feet and falls to the grass, shaking.

Seeing the :cool: shocking ending, Espeon pats Swellow's talon.

Espeon: <That silly dragon has it to be a good cat, nyan~ Also thanks for the ride, we'll handle it now...>

He jumps down at Gino's back and from there to the ground, takes a look at the dragon's capture.

Espeon: <Not bad, silly cat. Remind me to hire you next time I land an interesting job...> -- turns to the Rattata, puts a :3 face -- <...You were saying about Hoenn?>

Meanwhile the Oddish keep running away at the sight of the Mightyena, run past a Growlithe family resting nearby.

Oddishes: <...Mean dog! Mean dog!> -- turn in another direction.

Growlithe♀: <B-b-but I've not done anything!! ._.>

Gino gets EXPERIENCE!
Mightyena gets EXPERIENCE!
A victory FANFARE plays out of nowhere! 

The Rattata is picked up by Espeon, who tosses him between himself and Gino, the two "cats" staring at the rodent and his bag.

Defeated!Rattata: <...My plan would have been successful, had it not been for those meddling cats...>

(After this post)

At being slapped the Rattata loses most if not all of his bravery up to now.

Espeon: <...Well? We're waiting. And I'm getting hungry...> -- licks a paw.

Rattata: <....Meeep! I-I-I can explain everything!> -- gulps at seeing the others -- <There was this this this offer... for mons who could sell lots of Lansat juice...>

The Rattata starts explaining his story while the shadow figure observes from behind some trees, impressed at the display of teamwork by the Espeon and the Salamence (a green one, of all things).

Pinned down by two cats, even if one was definitively too weird, the Rattata explains that some time ago a Pokémon arrived to an island to the southwest called "Almer", started offering some jobs claiming to be from some place called Hoenn. All the applicants had to do was to help him get some wooden [boats] into the Johtoan coast undetected and then sell the contents around. He was so nice to let the Rattatas and other Pokémon who signed in to keep 70% of the sharings.

«All my family had to do was to get rolling selling those things. Peoplemons liked it a lot, since Lansat doesn't normally grow here. We were getting some good money and that Pokémon said we could soon go to that Almer island and follow him to Hoenn... to some [place by the sea] he said small and cute Pokémon like us got rich quick and easy.»

The Rattata looked at the group angrily.

«It was all going so well... we were even getting ready to expand our business to Golrod, those blackbirds aren't that hard to [bribe]... until you came up.»

(After this)

The Rattata points to the west. He explains there is a more or less hidden place between the forest and the beach where the rafts arrive on a Mon-Wed-Fri schedule. He says, with a last snide comment, that today's raft already departed back to "Almer".

Rattata: <So...> -- attempts a :3 face -- <what is going to happen with me?>

(After this)

Rattata: <...That's all I know, all all all...>

Espeon -watches the Rattata shudder: <...You are missing one [thing].> -- picks the Rattata up and holds him up in front of Gino's muzzle -- <The name of your supplier or you get to meet your friend again.>

Rattata -flails: <...I don't know! I don't know! I only see him when the raft arrives I swear!> -- points to the west frantically -- <It's a short mon who always goes covered with a cape and wears a weird [mask]... I swear... it doesn't even speak! It brings instructions carved in wood!>

Espeon: <...Anything else?>

Rattata: <...I used to steal pears from the northern traders when I was little...>

(After this)

Espeon -frowns, thinks for a moment: <...Well, we could hand him over to the co-...?> -- he looks around, tails twirling and trying to sense something -- <hmmm... cops, yeah... if there were any around here...>

Rattata -faints out of fear.

(After this)

Espeon: <...Glad you enjoy your meal~ :3>

The Espeon stretches and tends to his minor wounds, goes to a nearby tree to fetch a couple of Berries. One Oran for each, he hands Gino one.

Espeon: <Thanks for helping me get started on this, Gino. I guess I'll be able to become a P.I. now and I'll have this as my main case.> -- frowns, drops head -- <But I still can not think of a [name]... if I'm going to be a wandering detective I need a nifty name...>

(After this)

Espeon -tilts head thinking of the name: <..Does not sound bad at all, you know... "Agent Lucas". I think I'll take it. Yeah, should get that printed soon.>

The Espeon walks before Gino and pats his leg.

Espeon: <Thanks for the help, Gino. I think I'll work this case for some time. And if I need help perhaps I can contact you?>

Ƨacred Ƒorest

After waving Gino a goodbye and watching him soar, the Espeon now called Agent Lucas glanced around. The place was a bit of a mess with random hints of the battle, but that was not what mattered. He had to finish the clean up of the important traces so that no one could warn the smuggler coming in from Almer.

So Lucas turned to the nearest still alive, if fainted, Rattata, and :3'd.

The Espeon's BELLY is now FULL!

That done, he licked his paws and proceeded to go to the others to interrogate them or finish them, but after checking that one of the Rattata had died surely from a heart attack and after finishing another one, he realized a single Rattata had escaped the battle.

Lucas circled around for a moment, scanning the forest and trying to surpass the interference from  the bugs. It didn't take him long to locate his prey.

Lucas: <...Got you, nya~ :3> -- chases after happily.

«Burrow burrow burrow!»

The Rattata kept running in between the tall grass, hoping it would hide him for long enough to reach the mounds to the west where some burrows were located. There he could hide in numbers and masquerade today's ordeal, his neighbours surely offering protection if he told them the story of the murderous flying cat.

«Tree, bump, flower! Run run run!»

The Rattata turned around a corner and ran faster, reaching a densest part of the forest where he could hide for sure among the noises caused by the various Caterpie and Hoothoot.

His hope lasted short enough. Leaping from a nearby branch a violet feline figure leapt, swiped the Rattata off the ground and knocked him out with a pound. Two seconds later, Rattata hung limp from Lucas's muzzle, the cat now sitting on the place, purring happily.

This new life as a PI was risky, he thought, but it was so much funnier than being a seer.

Lucas -lets go the prey down: <...You brought it upon yourself, damned thug. And since I already got what I need thanks to Gino, I guess you are done...>

One swift Bite to the neck later, the Rattata changed status from toy to food.

Lucas remained there, purring for a while, preparing to nom the evidence, when a vibration in his tail and a weird psychic shadow cast on his jewel alerted  him of something amiss. Something very close. And with his ears and eyes, the cat mon instantly discarded four possible vectors of attack.

With the Rattata still hanging, he leapt ahead and turned around to face the invader....

?????!Nidorino: <...Why... you saved me a good amount of work there...>

Lucas -growls: <How...? You?>

Lucas looked at the Nidorino up and down, noticing a small basket of [herbs] by his side. Then he realized it was the same Pokémon that was looking at everything back when he was reading Lake and Skye's memories.

...Of course it was the same mon. He heard the stories about the smuggling ring and came here... but why?

Lucas: <...A work?>

?????!Nidorino: <We've been wondering about that smuggling ring for a while... could never find their entry point.> -- he walks up to Lucas, examining the Rattata -- <I have to admit, I didn't think it would be them...>

The Nidorino circles the Espeon, who doesn't let go the poison mon from his senses an instant, while still holding the now deceased Rattata.

?????!Nidorino: <I see you have taken a persomonal interest in this case, and that's good and all, but...> -- points horn to the west -- <perhaps we should be moving somewhere else before the wild mons spread the news. Or you'll lose the link.>

Lucas -voice slightly muffled: <...Ah, the raft...>

?????!Nidorino: <Can tell you some things about them. That is, if you want. Now, may I?>

The Nidorino extended his left paw and held it in front of the Rattata, asking for the body. Lucas blinked, trying to sense any bad intention, but all he could read in the outer layers of thought was a command to chase and reveal the smugglers. Nothing about the Rattatas. Nothing about the Espeon. And nothing about where did this Nidorino came from (even if it was a bit obvious) not how had he done to appear in the middle of the forest right behind Lucas without much of a trace.

A bit nervous, Lucas let go the body. The Nidorino picked it up, examined it closely, and then slashed the neck with his horn, destroying it and any evidence that it had been Lucas who had dealt the final swipe. All that remained was a Rattata that had been "obviously" nommed by a Nidorino.

?????!Nidorino: <...So, you still interested in following this case? The next raft is two days away...>

Lucas opened his muzzle, remained silent not knowing what to say. However, considering the luck he had had in the last few days, he decided to simply take the opportunity, which he made patent with a nod.

?????!Nidorino: <...Good. Because I know some... peoplemons... let's say a certain group you might like to be a part of.>

The Espeon said nothing, instead his sight fixated on the Nidorino holding the  Rattata. He sensed something important in that image...

...and focused his powers just a bit, with a squint...

...past the rodent's body and into the Nidorino's raised left paw...

...to reveal a symbol of a crescent moon [branded] on the back of his forepaw.

Somewhere in the Multiverse

(Moving plotline from this thread)

~aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh~~

Silent's mind wanders to a place of nonexistence. He tries to move and inspect around, but he can't feel if he is moving or even looking at a certain direction. Come think of it, he can't be even sure if he is looking at his own paws hands when he looks down, or even if there's a "down" to look to.

Some time later a light coming from nowhere-but-apparently-up fills the place and a noise that seems to be that of a chair being [dragged] around can be heard. Silent looks around to find himself, or a sort of image of himself, naked in what seems to be an endless blue-ish æther, with the light reflecting off with various effects on the small bubbles that wander around. Silent looks around and notices, now that he can look at his hands, that they somehow look [pinkish].

A voice that Silent seems to recognize comes out of nowhere.

"Welcome! To the world of Pokémon! This is a world inhabi-"

"P-professor Oak?" Silent narrows his eyes trying to distinguish the chair in the æthereal distance. "...Is that you?"

A couple of seconds of silence pass.

"...No. Absolutely not. ~hang on, wrong questionnnaire~" A weird "tape rewind" noise can be heard coming from everywhere. Silent tries to find out where the sound is coming from, looks around for a moment, then realizes his ears have somehow caught the noise coming from "up".

"Welcome, multiversal traveller ${PLAYERNAME}. You are about to cross to a dimension inhabited by Pokémon."

"Y-y-yeah, that's kind of the idea... Where's Maekrite? Where are my Pokémon?"

"‘Your’ Pokémon have moved ahead, they are natural and thus can come in. You, on the other hand, are a foreigner..." -- there's some noise like sheets of paper being moved around -- "meaning I need you to answer some questions for me before you can follow them."

"...Uh, OK? Can we get this done fast? I'm not entirely sure where am I or why everything here feels so weird."

"Fine, let's make this [fast]. I'll ask some questions for multiversal archival."

More sound of papers, which lasts for a good while making Silent feel more uncomfortable than he already is, he looks at his watch only to realize that, duh, he no longer has one.

"Question #1... Do you state your opinion even when it's not what everyone else thinks?"

"Uhm... yeah. And this kinda sucks. Is this absolutely necessary? I'm supposed to go on a multiversal trip. These blue bubbles of whatever block my view. What are they made of anyway? Besides this does not really follow any Legendary customer attention protocol I know... Could I get something more solid? If you haven't noticed I'm kinda delayed, kinda naked and kinda pink... wait why do I have whiskers?"

"Yes, primal desires, no, and obvious answer. Next. Question #2... Do you have lots of stuff you bought, thinking it was all cool, but don't use anymore?"

"Oh, that kind of stuff. Yeah, lots of them. I give them away to my Pokémon, mostly..."

"That's cute and all but if you want fast we can do with mostly a yes or no... Question #3... You run into a new person that you haven't talked to very much before. What do you do?"

"Uh... I guess I would make small talk, yeah. See, because-"

"Uh, NEXT! Question #4... What do you do with your allowance?"

Silent frowns, noticing the  motion of his æthereal whiskers, however for some reason he can not care much about this, instead he gives a cold stare at whatever the interviewer is...

"I don't have an allowance, and look, why does whatever multiversal power care about that anyway?"

"Forwards-progress fiscal policy. Next. Question #5... You're told to wait naked in a big, empty blue-ish room. What do you do?"

At that point Silent's cold stare materializes into a Leer which lasts for a couple of seconds. A tense silence follows.

"...Why does no one ever give a warmer response to that question?"

After a moment of silence, some scratches can be heard and then more paper being shuffled.

"Uh eff it, I'll skip this one, just this time. Next... Question #6... You see a pebble on the ground. Wat do?."

"Eh, kick it. Definitively kick it."

"At least that was fast, next... Question #7... Do you find yourself jumping to the wrong conclusion a lot of the time?"

Silent crosses his arms. "No. You are a jerk. Did I mention this thing's customer attention plan sucks?"

"Why thanks, We Care. And don't give me that look, I don't like this job either! Question #8: You're about to take the last cookie when your friend wolfs it down! What do you do?"

"...Last cookie? Meh, I guess I'd weep a little, yeah, I mean-"

"Blah blah rawr rawr. Don't care. Question #9... You're packing your classroom's snacks for a picnic when you get hungry. What do you do?"

"...Do you even know I'm an adult? I'm twenty-five for Arce-"

"Ahem... just pretend you are a kit... kid."

"...Fine. Uh, I guess I'd just take a really small bite. I mean, it'd help me get going, and I'd repay it afterwards..."

"Well, that leaves us for the last question... Are you a boy or a girl?"

Silent tenses up and growls.

"...Samuel, if this is you playing with the Kanto Palantir Project, I swear..."

"Oh come on, don't get this pesky. Look, don't worry, I can check up myself... aaaand boy."

"...Wut the-" Silent looks around feeling uncomfortable, wraps his arms around himself noticing, but not caring for some reason, that his paws now reach the small spikes on his back. Some bubbles randomly move around because of the motion and give Silent a slightly clearer view of the chair, which is empty.

"Congratulations for filling the multiversal Pokémon-only entry questionnaire, ${PLAYERNAME}. With this information you are ready to go meet a new universe."

"Oh, c-cool... uh, does this mean I can go get my Pokémon? And is there any book where I can file like ten [complaints]?"

"We don't take complaints. Anyway, yeah you can go ahead. But! You are not going to get ‘your’ Pokémon back because they are no longer yours.."

"W-wait what do you mean?"

"See, you are crossing to a mon-only verse. As of now, you will be a Pokémon, an equal to them, no longer a trainer or a weird figure so conceptually separated from them, and you'll follow the same rules all Pokémon do."

"Oh, so this is how the others became Pokémon?"

"Eh, sure, let's go with that, why not. These questions are intended to inspect your soul and find out what Pokémon form is convenient for us that you use when you enter that world."

"So, you get to decide? Based solely on some random questions?"

"Oh heck no... We all already know what [Pokémon] you are at heart. All these questions were only mostly to troll you."

"..."

"…Wait…"

"..."

"…Y-you... what-" Silent looks at his self, now more æthereal. <I was right that you are a jerk!>

"Hey, you are the only human crossing to day and I need to earn more than the minimum wage. Anyway, a pleasure to meet you, ${PLAYERNAME}. Now go and make that Nidorino of yours happy. Oh and if you see Shahinne, please please tell her to not peck those Shards!"

A strong wind starts blowing the æther and the bubbles away, pushing Silent in an undetermined direction.

<Wait, "if"? What did you meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~>

Lush Prairie – PMD-A

<...>

<…ugh…>

<Wake up! Come on... aren't you listening?>

A Nidorino with faint yellow markings continued to nudge a Nidoran♂ awake, the younger (in a way) Pokémon shudders and curls, prompting the Nidorino to carefully bite the Nidoran's ear.

<....Ouch!> -- the Nidoran rolls instinctively attempting to scratch, then hops back up -- <...Wha-where?>

The Nidoran looks around, everything is really large here, the grass and the sky, not to mention the large Pokémon in front of him. The Nidoran just blinks a couple of times and drops his ears to look around, confused.

Maekrite: <...You are fine, phew...> -- walks closer -- <At least you look OK. You know, we shouldn't have assumed that the other side of the portal was also on the ground...>

<...On the ground?> -- The Nidoran flinches, remembering having crashed against something somehow.

Maekrite: <Now if we could find any of the others... at least Algira is here. She is probably che->

Algira: <...Tee hee~>

The Nidoran screeches as he is scared by the sudden appearance of a flying Pokémon, a Masquerain who, like all things here, looks bigger than expected. The kit is quick to run behind the Nidorino and stay there, ears flattened.

Algira: <...Oi, it was not my fault! You didn't have to react like that!> -- flashes some patterns.

<E-er.... sorry?>

Maekrite waves a paw at the Masquerain, who flies around at a lower level. She starts looking around and scanning for any indications of where to go next.

Algira: <Well, at least it looks like the proper place. Good thing I can fly, eh?>

Maekrite -frowns: <...Bad thing you couldn't get a hold of Sol or Ichtacya... Where did they go anyway?> -- flickers ears around.

Algira "hmph"s then continues to fly around. Meanwhile, Maekrite picks the Nidoran up and sits him on the grass besides him, the smaller Nido looks at him up curiously.

Maekrite: <Don't worry, Silent. Everything is the same, it just looks bigger.> -- sniffs -- <Oh and we'll have to ask around what things are edible.>

<...S-silent?>

Maekrite -ears lift, gets closer to the kit: <Yeah... hey... you OK?>

The Nidoran looks around, looking above confused, after a moment he hesitantly steps away from the Nidorino, pressing against the ground.

<...?>

Maekrite: <W-what's wrong?> -- starts coming closer and sniffing the Nidoran, concerned -- <It's me, Maekrite...>

In response, the Nidoran sniffs back and points a paw at the Masquerain flying around.

<...P-predator?>

Maekrite blinks, not knowing what to answer. He takes a look at Algira who is still scanning the surroundings, then turns back to the kit and sits, tensed up as he expects a reaction.

Maekrite: <Uh, n-no. She's our friend...>

After a moment of looking around, the Nidoran hops at Maekrite's paw and hugs it, curling into a ball.

<…Protect me, sir?>

Maekrite covers Silent and looks around, wondering what's wrong.

????, PMD-A

After a light filled the sky for a moment, a noise comes from inside a thornyard. The branches start moving as a large body tries to cross past them.

????: <...This is ridiculous... how come we crashed in here?>

After a moment, the large body starts complaining about the scratches and pokes. Another smaller body starts quickly moving out of the thornyard, and just a couple of seconds later, a small Starly jumps in between some branches and hops outside, landing cleanly and unscratched on the ground.

Shahinne: <...That was easy! ^_^> -- trills a happy note.

Roc: <That was unfair. Ugh, this body is too big...> -- tries to move more.

Shahinne -starts hopping around: <Can we play again?>

Roc: <No...> -- a couple of seconds and more branch bristling -- <...Yes. Shahinne, come with daddy and teach him how to get out of this darned place, please?>

The Starly chirps and hops again into the thornyard.