Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

Near New Bark Town

A [chopper] lands in an ample space at Prof. Radek Elm's extended research grounds. A single man comes down from the helicopter and heads to town, carrying a folder with some documents…

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Goldenrod Outskirts, Other!Verse

At a preservation center, a human couple is feeding some various grass-type Pokémon, including Oddish, Chikorita and the occasional Seedot. They don't happen to notice a Nidorino sneaking in through one of the doors of the compound, then waits until the woman starts bossing around the guy, some human responding to the name of Timbú, to go straight through a corridor towards a more open area.

After the Nidorino navigates to the other end of the corridor, he reaches what appears to be a second edification, he hides behind some boxes and looks around for a moment at the playground ahead.

There in the playground various mons can be seen playing. The Nidorino eyes some of them, in particular some Tropii saplings, and chuckles when one of them Headbutts the other and knocks him down to the ground.

Other!????: <Found you~>

Maekrite steps out and turns around to see a Tropius landing gracefully by his side and lying in a resting position. The reservation's unofficial mascot, a Tropius female rescued from a windstorm some years ago and whom the caretakers have called Basket, lowers her neck and gives Maekrite a welcoming growl, the Nidorino waves a paw and growls back.

Then the two nuzzle each other for a moment and share some berries Maekrite has brought from the forest, taking advantage that the human caretakers are busy somewhere else.

New Bark Town

The man from the chopper reaches town and heads to a particular house. He reads the name in the mailbox.

$PLAYER_NAME Luke's Place

??? -checks his envelope: "...Yes, here it is..."

And rings the doorbell.

Ms. Donahue opens the door

Juanito, the PEFE Wildcard Operator -removes his hat: "Good time-of-day, ma'am... are you Ms. Donahue, the mother of intern Luke of PEFE?"

Ms. Donahue explains that Luke is not around.

Juanito nods and presents Ms. Donahue with an envelope.

Juanito: "Oh, it's OK. Here is the nth check for your son's internship activities in PEFE. It's worth ꝐSCHROEDINGERS_AMOUNT." -- hands over a form and a pen -- "Also I'd like to inform you that your son is safe and is not a Feraligator at the moment. Please sign this NDA?"

Ms. Donahue signs the NDA. Juanito takes the document, leaves Ms. Donahue with an audited copy and nods.

Juanito: "Well, this almost finishes my activities for the day. Have a good day, Ms. Donahue. PEFE recommends that money earned from our organization is used to bolster Pokémon-human understanding and not for frivolous activities."

Makes a quick reverence and walks away.

Other!verse

Maekrite and Basket have been sharing some schröedinger's time together, however they notice that the human caretakers are coming in, as indicated by all the nagging the human female does on the male about something related to supplies and fertilizers from Cianwood not having arrived yet.

Other!Maekrite -drops ears: <Awww… I guess I'll have to leave?>

Other!Basket: <Aww... I suppose...>

-she grins slyly-

<Of course, eventually those humans are going to want to know who's the father of such healthy saplings~>

Sanity is precious; use it sparingly.

Other!Maekrite -starts scratching an ear: <Uhm… I-I wouldn't mind, it's just... my boss says we can not let humans catch us. And I'm terrified of those instruments doctors use.>

One of the saplings flies around firing Razor Leaves at the other, they and the other Pokémon around notice the humans are about to arrive which means free noms!.

Other!Maekrite: <When can I see you again?> -- nuzzles Basket.

Other!Basket: -nuzzling back- <Like anyone could catch you without you being good and willing!>

<You know the human weeks? This weekend... the humans are celebrating their kits' graduations. Inlé will be in hiding, but I can wait by the streetlight!>

Sanity is precious; use it sparingly.

Maekrite thinks of the weekend, which is only two (one) days from now.

Other!Maekrite: <That will make moving in the human city easier…> -- nods -- <I'll wait to when we can meet again then.>

Maekrite goes hide behind a box and wait until the group of mons following Timbú and Orenda are coming in to slip away. A quarter an hour later he is already running uphill back to the forests, whistling the Rt.35 theme.

Angela

While Unite has heard some reports in the news about the Dream World behaving strangely, he does not give them much importance. He decides to sleep to try and reach someone in the DW who can help him get back to PEFE.

Unite: <...zZz... ...lly~... ...zZz...>

(After this post)

Unite appears in the-

Dream World

-and after taking a moment to try and get used to the strange feeling of wobbleness and stillness that have started to slowly take over the construct, flies off to search his teammates's islands.

Goldenrod City

After being frozen in time for what feels like a week, there's some activity at Faith's place. Zukov and Timbú, two of Silent's interns, have showed up at the door with some gifts and stuff, in particular with some nice kelp from the Orange Islands for Laplace to nom, as a show of gratitude for helping take care of some of Silent's mons.

In effect, Dintel is happily snoring sprawled on a couch, with Joe zapping across the TV channels. What they don't notice is that they are being observed by a cat-like mon up the stairs.

Jemma -swings tail left and right: <Nya, precisely the mon I was looking for~ I'll have to look if it is like the internet says!>

Jemma climbs back to the second floor to Rex's room. With the human involved in dangerous plots enjoying some vacations in the PMD verse, Jemma has the entire room for herself and her most recent invention, the Lazor Cannon, which is mounted on a conveniently mon-accesible rotatory support out from the window and aimed at the PEFE Storage
house.

While Zukov and Timbú are welcomed into the house by Faith (and in particular by her mons), Laplace is circling in his pond, which feels smaller and smaller every passing day. The Pokémon wonders when will Rex come back and take him for a nice ride on the waves, perhaps to wander into a deserted, peaceful island.

Suddenly Laplace listens something in between the bushes.

????: <…Wouldn't it be wonderful to freely go around?>

The Lapras turns around and blinks as she notices a Nidorina hop in and start brushing herself, however from her apparent age and voice, it is obvious she is not Orchid.

Laplace: <…Oh? Who are you?>

Soterra: <My name is Soterra… I'm a spy a herbs seller.> -- listens around -- <Uhm, I was wondering if Orchid is here?>

The Lapras lifts a flipper and points to the house.

Laplace: <She's inside, but the family has visits at the moment, so you'll probably have to wait.>

Soterra: <Oh it's fine...> -- goes sit on the grass somewhere, picks a couple of blades to chew -- <I can wait, I promise I won't be a burden :3>

Laplace nods and after a moment decides to continue his circling, wondering what would Rex be doing that has not required the presence of a trusty sea ride for a good while already. Soterra looks amusedly, then decides to sniff around.

Soterra: <Hey, uhm... what is that thing?> -- points up, to Rex's room's window.

Laplace -does a sort of shrug: <Dunno… it's some kind of fancy telescope, I think. Definitively not a weapon.>

Soterra lets out a growl of understanding and then looks up quizically as she notices an apparently dirty Skitty fiddling with the fancy telescope. After a moment, the Nidorina decides to return to the bushes and lie around to nap until she can meet Orchid.

Faith's Place

It is a beautiful and sunny day in the city of Goldenrod for parents, children and Pokémon to enjoy, with no weapons of destruction being more or less randomly fired around. Of course, that does not happen just because of the Tethercat principle, but because there is some minor plot preventing it.

Jemma can be seen in Rex's room, or more precisely her tail can be seen rocking back and forth as the Pokémon has gotten under the cannon and started scrambling some wires and devices around, in an effort to fix some problem that has kept the weapon from operating since the last post for the last few days, ever since she tried aiming it at that friggin' building where the Nidorina goes visit.

Jemma: <75% is too little output for my plans, purr~ This should be easy, nya~>

Perhaps Jemma would be happy with her 75% if she understood what a weapon capable of firing a lazer lasor beam of destructive light with an output of about 25 Megajoules was capable of doing, but eh.

The Skitty starts fiddling with some connectors, wondering if the information she has found can help her solve this important problem that delays her plans of World Domination. She picks a wire that seems to be connected to the wrong socket, pulls it with a paw. Noticing that nothing happens, the Skitty growls then goes pull another wi–

BZZZZZZZZT~ *minor explosion SFX*

Suddenly the power goes out in the house, with Dintel and Joe complaining as they were watching a documentary on the TV.

Pokémon Center

While the nurse is busy tending to a Magmortar, the lights go out as do pretty much all of the systems. However thanks to their emergency procedures, before any of the trainers or Pokémon can start complaining or wondering what is going on, emergency power kicks in and everything continues working pretty much just like before.

Magmortar's Random Trainer -looks out of the window: "What was that? It seems the entire street lost power..."

Faith's Place

A smoking, lightly bruised Jemma walks out from under the also smoking WEAPON. The annoyed Pokémon shakes herself, then coughs a cloud of smoke; after looking it spread around and dissolve, she hops in her place.

Jemma: <That was a nasty shock, nya~ Fortunately I'm also Rock type:3>

As if in cue, the sprinklers in the second floor activate due to the smoke and Jemma finds herself under a soft but spread downpour. As does everyone else in the house, with Faith quickly calling Joe and Dintel to exit to the backyard while Orchid goes check around.

Jemma: < :3>

The now slightly wet rock-type cat quickly dashes to Rex's bed, picks up some bedsheets and tosses them over the WEAPON to cover it from the downpour. After that she goes dry up and walks under the bed where she produces a laptop which fortunately is still operating and connecting to the internet (thanks, sat-com).

Welcome to the POSEO Board [Planning and Operational Support for Evil Overlods]

Post From: Jemma@evil-overlords.org
Subforum: Hardware Support → Weaponry → Energy-to-Energy

Dear internet commenter:

You suck at this.

YS.: Jemma~

Next?

Somewhere else in Goldenrod

In a house somewhere near the Pokécenter, there is a laptop lying on a bed (don't worry, there is a thick surface providing some void room for ventilation!). The laptop is turned on and connected to a cage by the bed, where a Rattata running on a wheel is providing some power input.

Atop the bed, a Purrloin♀ has been sleeping sprawled on the laptop, enjoying the warmth and the "purring" of the machine. Enjoy the mental image.

There.

Done yet?

Too bad, because there is a ping coming from the machine, causing the Purrloin to wake up. She carefully opens the laptop and checks the screen.

"Dear internet commenter: You suck."

Mina: <...Oh? :3> -- hops off and goes look through the window -- <Don't tell me it worked...>

The cat Pokémon looks outside of the window in the direction of Faith's house, from where where a small column of smoke can be seen flowing. Several houses and streets in the surroundings seem to have lost power, and the weird machine thing that peeked out from the window in the last few days, an energy-shooting machine according to her command sources, was no longer visible.

Seeing this, the Purrloin hops back and rolls cutely on the carpeting.

Mina: <…I can't believe she fell for that!>

The Purrloin hops to the bed where the laptop was and produces from her little nest of stuff a couple of wires and nuts (no, not [nuts]) that very obviously come from Jemma's sabotaged evil-dispensing machine. She swings her tail as she plays with the wires for a moment like a little kitteh, then saves them in her nest again.

Mina: <This is perfect, nya~... I'll tell command that silly cat won't be competing with us on evil plans for a while~> -- looks up -- <But first, more sleep. I must complete my 18 hours per day!>

Then the cat mon points her ears to the cage by the bed and listens for a moment. That Rattata is doing a good work, she has to admit, all muscle and power, and has been keeping the laptop going on despite the power outage.

Perhaps it is time to compensate the little Pokémon for her efforts~

Mina -peeks out from the bed: <Hey, little Rattata, are you tired yet?>

Rattata running the wheel: <N-not really... I can s-still...>

Mina: <Well, see, my work is kinda done anyway...> -- swings a paw -- <so you won't have to keep doing that. And I was wondering, hey, perhaps it's time for a snack.>

Rattata: <Oh, really?> -- smiles, keeps running -- <Cool! What are we going to get?>

Mina looks down slyly.

Mina: <…>

The Rattata keeps running, looks up.

Rattata: <…?>

Mina: <…~> -- purrs.

Rattata: <……> -- blinks.

Mina: <:3>

Goldenrod Dept. Store Market

An incomplete family of one woman, one Nidorina, one Raticate and a very annoyed brown Skitty are walking across the market, trading coins for groceries that they can use to cook something during the weekend.

Orchid -walks and smiles: <Oh… the smells! And the peoplemons wandering around. It's been a while since we've come to the market~> -- smiles at Faith.

Jemma: <...Do we have to come here? These things are useless to me, nya~>

Orchid -looks back: <If you say you are not going to nom your portion...>

[Jemma: <Not that!> -- swings a piece of paper around -- <I need to acquire these things at the local Radioshack! How do you expect me to find an inverse inertial filter for my cannon's knockback tension repulsor?>

Orchid shrugs, not getting a word of the last stuff Jemma was complaining about, returns her attention to the section of the carrots. Faith meanwhile check with another customer about the discounts for vegetables today, then reminds Jemma to stop meowing and help with the groceries, but the Delta Pokémon refuses.

Random Girl: <Oh, look mom! A dirty kitty!> -- goes pet Jemma.

Jemma -swings tail: <Unhand me, purr~ I have world domi-ooooooh~ nice... belly! belly!> -- rolls on the ground cutely, purring.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/0R0Jg7it

Goldenrod, at a certain birdhouse

Copahue is wandering around inside the birdhouse, using his feathers to try and dust off the place. He walks around somewhat insistently from one place to another, then brushes the places he was already walking from. Then he ruffles his feathers. Rinse and repeat.

Every once in a while he stops in his tracks to take a look at Harriet, the Honchkrow roosting in the family nest. Each time the blackbird takes a look back at the brownbird, then at the pineapple cake with [nuts] waiting in the smaller nest nearby, and sighs.

The sighs and the feather dusting are more or less the only sounds there have been in the birdhouse today.

Copahue turns his gaze away again and starts ruffling his feathers.

Harriet: <I miss Shahinne...>

Copahue looks back and nods. He decides to walk into the family nest and cuddle with his mate.

Copahue: <I miss her too...>

The two nuzzle for a moment and sigh together. They don't feel like in the mood for a celebration. Honestly, there's not much mood for celebration out-of-universe either...

Copahue -looks down at the cake: <Happy first birthday ever, Shahinne...>

http://pastebin.com/xh1EPEYS

Goldenrod

Copahue and Harriet are shardported back to their birdhouse after celebrating being shardported to another verse to celebrate Shahinne's first. birthday. ever. The two of them look around, nervous, realizing they (seem to) are back in Goldenrod, hopefully in the correct verse.

Harriet: <That was weird...> -- looks around.

Copahue: <...What's going on?> -- cranes his neck.

The two birds get closer to each other, nuzzle and brush, to try and calm their nerves...  Copahue ends up getting a peck in the chest when his wing goes too low (again).

Harriet -points to the opening of the birdhouse: <Why don't you go run guard and check that we are truly back at home?>

Copahue: <Awww…> -- meets a glare -- <I mean… Yeah…> -- walks away.

Harriet -looks nervous: <And get some fresh fish!>

Radioshack™, Goldenrod Dept. Store

The door of the store opens automatically and one of the clerks turns around to welcome the new sucker customer. However he is a bit more than surprised when he sees a small group comprised of a brown-colored Skitty, a Mawile, a Vigoroth and a Nidorina. The four Pokémon enter the store, the Skitty wearing what appears to be Faith's purse and wallet.

PEFE!Vigoroth: <They're gonna have my tail for this. I'll blame you!> -- growls at Orchid.

Orchid -frowns, turns to the Skitty: <I don't get this… Why couldn't you just... you know, ask Faith to buy you something?>

Jemma: <Because I need to buy very evil and specific stuff, nya~> -- looks around -- <Okay, you slaves, follow me!>

The Mawile and Vigoroth look at each other and then at Orchid, who blisters her ears. Then the three hear Jemma growling and calling them from one of the corridors, the two PEFE mons sigh and walk after their temporary master.

After a moment of sitting on the floor and observing, Orchid notices one of the clerks staring at her. She just waves a paw and rawrs a oh hai, then decides to go keep an eye (and an ear, and her claws ready) on Jemma.

Streets of Goldenrod

Down the streets of Goldenrod, as the title says, a carriage slowly and steadily moves some big, delicate equipment towards Faith's house. The cart itself is pulled by a Mawile and a Vigoroth. Every couple of meters they are being almost-whipped by a brown-colored Skitty and her retractable Firewire cable atop the carriage, goading them to keep walking.

Jemma: <…These dispersion damage dampeners and the anti-carebearstare plating are not going to get home themselves, purr!> -- whips the air above the two mons again.

Firuz's Mawile -frowns as her jaw-horns attempt to bite the wire: <Remind me... why did we come along with that weird cat anyway?>>

Rodríguez's Vigoroth -shiftly looks away: <…I thought she was pretty.>

Mawile keeps pulling for a while, then takes a moment to bite Vigoroth's arm as a vengeance. Not too harshly though, the mon has to keep pulling!

Some distance away, Orchid hops behind the cart, keeping her eyes on Jemma, thinking whether to spill the beans on the silly cat once they get at home or try to stay put and figure out what is she trying to do with all those things she bought with Faith's credit card.

Somewhere in PEFE HQ

In one of the technical modules that is within plot earshot so that it can be noticed, a group of fighting and others mons are helping carry around some boxes and move some fuel containers to a conveyor belt, as has been their business for the last two years.

Worker Shiftry -carries a box of medical supplies: <One hundred and fifty more boxes like this and I think I'll level up.>

Worker Medicham -levitates another box: <The good thing about being here is that you hear the most interesting news. Though so far I haven't heard anything from Tracer's group.>

Worker Shiftry: <A shame... would love to test my strength against Lardna.> -- looks at Medicham -- <Isn't that cheating?>

Worker Medicham -smirks: <No, it's just another kind of power...>

The Pokémon continue moving boxes to a conveyor belt of doom that transports them to one of the heliports for transport by Zeppelin to another region.

The Medicham senses something and turns to see a girl they don't know entering the module.

Medicham: <Oooh no good no good! This area is dangerous!>

Shiftry -snorts: <Oh please those cranes barely come down anymore.>

The Shiftry remains in his spot, holding his box, while the Medicham walks somewhat slowly towards Diane, still holding his own container up telepathically.

Medicham: <W-what are you doing here?> --  facepalms -- <Oh wait, perhaps I should employ telepathy...>

Focuses for a moment glowing his forehead blue and projects the same question onto Diane's mind-surroundings (dictionary get!). «This is a heavy lifting area, human. Wasn't there a sign outside?»

(After this post)

Shiftry -sighs: <Well, they still haven't put the sign back. Just great.>

Medicham: <Hush you.> -- turns back to Diane -- <Oh, yes... [Lardna], a very powerful Pokémon one of the researchers here has. Erm… dunno if Tracer is back yet, really.>

The Shiftry leaves his box and walks in closer to the other two.

Shiftry: <I've been practising so that I can one day challenge Lardna to a fight for fun. How do you know them anyway? Do you work here?>

Not knowing anything about armbands, monese microbe translations or anything of the sort mstly on virtue of being a NPC and also because of being restricted to HQ, the Medicham translated in mental projection from Shiftry's dialogue for Diane to "listen".

After this post...

Shiftry: <...Applying to this stuff? What, haven't these human girls heard the rumors?>

Medicham leers back at the Shiftry and doesn't bother trying to translate as Diane has just explained she understands.

Medicham: <Oh, I see… I thought you were part of a tour or something. Nonetheless, you should not be wandering around alone in a place like this.> -- shrugs -- <The last teacher who got lost while looking for sandwiches for her class took us almost two hours to find.>