Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

After this Eskay post

Shiftry: <Oh well, if you can think you can handle those tests... have they told you about the [Whiscash] yet?>

The Medicham nods and elbows the Shiftry, who buffs.

Medicham: <Actually, we could use the company, but perhaps there are people who are worried for you.> -- points to Schröedinger's direction -- <If you want to go and explore, there is a big corridor that way that leads to the habitats for avian Pokémon. For some reason I thought you'd find it interesting.>

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Entralink, OU, an undetermined time in the future Soon™

A portal opens, similar to the one that four months ago took Silent and his team away to various adventures. Out of the portal two Eeveelutions scamper, then start looking around.

Ichtacya the Leafeon♀: <Yes! We did it! I don't have to spend time in that hospital anylonger!>

Sol the Espeon♀ -stretches and relaxes: <Well, things ended out more or less well.> -- looks around -- <No trace of Shahinne and Roc yet?>

Ichtacya -sniffs and growls: <They haven't arrived yet. What do we do? :P>

Sol extends her psychic power to the surroundings for a psychic ping, after a moment she shrugs and goes rest on a corner of the Entralink. Seeing her yawn, the Leafeon tilts her head, and after a moment decides to go run around and chase some random wild mons for fun.

Somewhere in Unova

After Roc and Shahinne portal in back to the OU, the two birds and the two Eeveelutions walk to the city of Nimbasa and its local PEFE office, intending to wait for Maekrite and Silent and or take a blimp zeppelin back to Goldenrod.

After a half hour of peaceful walk/flight the quartet reaches the Nimbasa PEFE Office and get together in a resting cuddlepile.

Goldenrod City

Inside a certain birdhouse, a Honchkrow and a Fearow are lining the family nest and tidying the place all around in preparation for some restless days. After Harriet is done, she lies on the larger nest and watches as Copahue finishes moving some sticks and branches around.

Harriet -looks through the door: <…Copahue? I think it is about to be nomtime...>

Copahue: <…Oh, I-I'm a bit late then.> -- walks up to the door.

Harriet: <You have to bring a good fish. I'll go find some berried by sunset.>

The Fearow walks outside to see various birds are already soaring above the shore hunting for their food. He nervously preens his feathers and takes off hurriedly, while Harriet lies down for a nap.

Goldenrod City

After some minutes of hunting around in the sea, Copahue flies back to the birdhouse carrying a [Goldeen] on his beak. He arrives at the place and carefully walks inside to see Harriet half-asleep. The Honchkrow notices his entry and after a yawn looks up at him.

Copahue -leaves the fish on the ground: <…How was the nap?>

Harriet: <It was good, I feel much better.> -- looks down at the Goldeen -- <…What's that?>

Copahue: <Dinner~>

The Fearow sets the fish aside and gets closer to the nest to coo with Harriet, but the Honchkrow pecks him and keeps him at bay, prompting him to look at her inquisitively.

Harriet: <That's so... dull, and scrawny. Just look at its expression.>

Harriet and Copahue turn their heads to do so.

Goldeen: <×_×>

Harriet: <Go back to the sea and bring a good one.>

Copahue: <B-B-but... cooing.>

Harriet pecks him and Copahue manages to pick the fish up before his mate pushes him outside. Looking somewhat confused, the larger bird decides to take off and try to find another fish.

After circling above the beach for some minutes and seeing other birds carrying out their hunts, Copahue decides that it'll be very hard to land a good fish anytime soon, what with the Swellow getting all the nice catches. Henceforth, the Fearow decides that he is going to try a clever thing and pass the same Goldeen from before as another fish, for which he goes to the shore and gets it a little bit wet.

Copahue lands by the birdhouse five minutes afterwards to notice Harriet lining the couple's nest again. The Honchkrow turns around to look at him and examine the "new" catch.

Copahue: <Dinner~> -- chuckles.

Harriet -tilts her head: <…Uhm... that fish...>

Copahue lowers his head too as Harriet comes closer, he sees she looks like she was more worried than usual.

Harriet: <…That's the best you could get? I need very healthy fish.>

Copahue -feels a bit hurt: <Uhm... I-I try to fish what I can. It's not like I brought the same fish again...>

-beat-

Harriet: <…Did you bring the same fish again?>

Copahue: <…No?> -- shakes wings nervously.

Harriet -looks down the fish and up at him: <It looks like the same. It even has the same expression!>

Goldeen: <×_×>

Harriet: <See?> -- frowns.

Copahue: <Uhm... well, I… they…> -- lowers head.

Copahue picks up the fish and retreats a couple of steps. He looks back to the sea, the sun already about to set down which means getting good fishes will be much harder. Harriet looks at the sea and seems to understand, but still shoves him a little.

Harriet -nuzzleshoves the Fearow: <At least try to get a better fish. One with muscle and bright scales. Please?>

Copahue: <I-I'll try...> -- sighs.

Copahue turns around and flies away again, feeling hurt by Harriet's refusal of his prey. The Honchkrow meanwhile returns to her nest, shifts around uncomfortably, looks at it for some moments and decides to get out and line the nest for the third time in a day.

Rex's Room

Some footsteps are heard coming from the stairs, and an instant after, Jemma enters the room followed by a certain playful Sandshrew who has lacked screentime as of late. Jemma carries a food plate that she leaves close to her not-yet operational WMD cannon, and then goes fiddle with the supplies box she got from Radioshack™.

Dintel -climbs to the bed: <What are we going to play?>

Jemma -twirls tail: <We are going to play rugby, but with a twist, nya~>

Dintel: <Oh, that'll be fun!> -- claps.

Jemma smiles evilly and goes leave the supplies bag by the weapon (note: not a WEPON). Then she calls the Sandshrew, who comes in and walks by.

Dintel: <So, what's the twist?>

Jemma -threefaces: <Twist is, you're the ball, purr!>

Before Dintel can do anything, Jemma picks him up and slaps him a couple of times Assisting herself with Orchid's Fury Swipes, thus forcing the Sandshrew to curl into a ball. Which is about the same size Jemma is herself. Which is all part of her plan.

Dintel complains as Jemma picks the curled Sandshrew and tried to shove him inside one of the gaps the cannon has that leads to the internal machinery (where she got zapped last time).

Jemma: <Come on! Fit in!> -- shoves and kicks harder.

Dintel: <Ouch! I can't see here!>

Somewhere in Unova, Yesterday

After being absent for a good while, Silent finally returns to the OU via Entralink accompanied by Maekrite. The two head off to Nimbasa to see if the other mons have returned. Once in the Pokémon Center, Silent finds out Ichtacya and Sol are back, Algira is lost somewhere (apparently still with Helios), Roc and Shahinne are flying around and for some reason the little Starly claims to be a millionaire. Roc reprimands her.

Today

Silent and Maekrite are having a talk while noming a salad with Roc, who is minding his own business (namely, noming fast so that he can get more nap time).

"…So you want to return there first?"

Maekrite -nods: <Want to see my place… my mate. We've been off this universe for a long time.>

"I guess I can send you by Pokéball. Do you mind if I send Sol as well?"

Maekrite: <…I thought she wanted to go to PEFE HQ?> - -looks at Sol who is arguing money with Shahinne -- <What's the big idea?>

"Nothing, it's just…" -- Silent absentmindedly chews a carrot -- "I'd like her to get better acquainted with the mons at the local office before she makes a choice about going to live in PEFE Island."

Ecruteak Gym Burned Tower

With the lack of challengers the last few days, [Morty] is spending the time wandering around Burned Tower with his Haunter lazily floating behind.

Ecruteak Gym

Gym Guy is standing in front of the door, holding a sign that says "Temporarily closed because the Gym Leader is bored. Also, will advertise 4 food."

Burned Tower

Haunter starts shuddering.

Haunter: <I feel like an ominous force is going to punish us...> -- floats back to the gate of the Tower.

Morty -looks surprised: "…Hey, wait! We are not done doing nothing yet!" -- chases after -- "What's the hurry? It's not like there will be a challenge!"

Ecruteak Gym

Gym Guy sees Ghostus a little bit infuriated.

Gym Guy: "…You know, you could just go to the Burned Tower. That's where he usually unbores himself that or making out with Eusine :3"

(in response to this)

Gym Guy -gives a half glare: "<sarcasm>Of course not, it's the other one.</sarcasm>" -- coughs -- "Sorry, I'm not in a good mood. Yeah, just walk to the entrance and look for the blonde with the ghosts following. He's kinda unmissable."

And walks back inside to set up the gym for a battle.

Meanwhile Haunter and Morty are wandering aimlessly around the entrance of the Tower.

(After this move)

Gastly shakes violently suffering the effects of the Confusion and unphases, falling to the ground where it becomes a sort of slimey Ghostly substance.

Gastly: <~There was once a little Gastly, holding a billiard cue, and from the top hanging due, the tongue of a mean Leavanny~@_@>

Morty: "Curses... (no, not the move)... I-I guess you can still try something more direct, Gastly? Come on, take shape and go for a Lick!"

The Ghostly substance starts wobbling across the ground and then emerges ad phases back into the shape of a Gastly who goes float around the Venonat to Lick.

Gastly tries to float away but that doesn't really help against a Confusion attack. The Pokémon starts seizuring.

Gastly: <>_> Damn you Voltorb Fl-> -- falls to the ground.

Gym Match assistant -raises a green flag: "The first victory is fir the challenger's Venonat!"

The fainted Pokémon is promptly recalled to its Pokéball. Not long after, Morty produces another Pokéball and swirls it around for a moment.

Morty: "Very well, you seem to have a good technique. Let me tell you, after training here all my life, I can see things others can not. Let's see if I can really see something about you."

Tosses the Pokéball, which opens to reveal a Haunter. The Haunter's claws phase in and out of reality showing a strange object attached to them that seems to be a King's Rock.

Venomous's victory becomes a tie due to the effects of Curse, which leaves things 1-1 and then a Slowpoke is sent out.

Morty: "All right, I see an interesting choice. But let's see how long does it last. Go ahead with a Shadow Punch, Haunter!"

The Haunter nods and giggles evily, then floats low ahead to Shadow Punch Slowpoke.

(After this post)

Morty: "Oooooh a Yawn~" -- watches Haunter circle around the Slowpoke and fall to the suggestion -- "Well I guess we'll have to do something definitive about that, don't you think?"

Haunter yawns, starts dozing; seeming to realize this, the Pokémon tries to float up, rubs his head with his free phantom paw.

Morty: "Haunter then try your Hypnosis!"

Haunter goes float in front of Slowpoke and, in a very tiredly and halfhearted fashion, starts dancing and waving its hands in front of Slowpoke, sending suggestive waves while at the same time falling asleep itself.

(In between this post)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/katietiedrich/comic173.png

(After this post)

The Confusion hits the still sleeping Haunter for a good deal of damage. The Pokémon cringes in its sleep, mumbles (in Monese) something about the marvels of graphene and then starts shaking.

Morty: "…Come on! Wake up, I know you can. Don't want to spend my Super Potion already..."

…The Haunter seems to be trying to wake up, but still nothing.

Morty: "...I know you're in there somewhere, fight!" -- claps.

…The Haunter manages to open its eyes, looking feeble. Lets out a guttural growl as it levitates itself and…

…falls to the ground again.

Morty facepalms.

Haunter's [SLP] count
reaches 1!

Haunter is hit by a Confusion again, annoying more the poor Pokémon but at least waking it up. The Haunter floats up and starts looking up eerily in every direction.

Morty: "Uh-oh..."

Haunter turns down, and falls to the ground getting half-embedded into it.

Gym Assistant: "…And the second victory is for the challenger!"

Morty: "Well that was well-played." -- recalls Haunter and prepares the next Pokéball.  -- "But are you really ready to face the Ghost type?"

Morty sends out the next Pokéball, which opens to reveal…

????: <Woof!> -- shows fangs at Slowpoke.

Morty sends out Granbull!

The Pokémon of very dark fur, which seems to camouflage a bit in the dark gym, does a couple of intimidation maneuvers, but they don't work too well because the Pokémon is a bit small for a Granbull; instead, he switches to a boxing posture and starts dancing on his feet; thus, has Quick Feet.

Morty: "Let's open this wide. Granbull, go for a Thunderpunch!"

The Granbull growls and rushes ahead to Thunderpunch Slowpoke.

Morty frowns upon seeing a canine like his own mon being sent, more or less a surprise, and whistles to Granbull to come closer. Then Gogie Howls ad runs to chain it into a Bite.

Morty: "Unnice... come on, let's try to slow things down. Granbull, handle things dog to dog… go for a Headbutt!"

Granbull runs to intercept tongue out and drooling happily at seeing another "dog", then lowers head to ram, but before he can swing it for the hit, he is bit very strongly on the arm, causing him to trip and flinch. Granbull falls to the ground pretty much right besides Gogie.

Morty: "…That's not good. Uhm... get away and Bulk Up into another Headbutt!"

The Granbull rolls away on the ground and starts getting himself back up so that he can Bulk Up, but can not build too much distance away from Gogie., then lowers head to ram, but before he can swing it for the hit, he is bit very strongly on the arm, causing him to trip and flinch. Granbull falls to the ground pretty much right besides Gogie.

Morty:

(After this post)

Granbull has managed to Headbutt the Mightyena away, but the opponent is quick to rebound and aims for another Bite. At short distance pretty much no way to evade such an agile Pokémon, so Morty decides to try something else.

Morty: "It's not much but you need to put an obstacle in between. A sticky obstacle if you get what I mean?"

Granbull nods and hops back a short distance to get the time to Lick the Mightyena right when he comes down to bite. Morty's Pokémon still takes pretty much full damage from the attack but at least doesn't so ungracefully flinch this time.

(After this post)

While Mightyena falls paralyzed, he can still attack at full speed. And with that, charges with a Howl→Bite just as Morty has finished instructing Granbull to Bulk Up→Thunderpunch.

Morty: "...Oops."

Unfortunately Bulking up is a bit slower than just howling around, so by the time Granbull starts charging electric power on his fist, he gets a Bite to the flank. The dog Pokémon yelps as he loses his stored energy, flinches...

…and falls to the ground, eyes gone @_@.

Gym Assistant: "And there goes another victory for the Challenger! Now comes the Gym Leader's last Pokémon..."

Morty -rolls last Pokéball: "Oh oh ooooh, now it seems not only I have discipline here. But I still think we can do this. Go now, Misdreavus!"

There goes the Pokéball and a Misdreavus materializes, hovering around eerily and staring at Gogie. Then the Misdreavus starts smiling. Eerily, of course.

Morty: "We are on the losing side but that's the thing about ghosts, they can just sneak on you with various tricks. Misdreavus, Defense Curl into a Toxic!"

Misdreavus sings a brief song as it starts spinning around until her body starts becoming somewhat... rounder. Then, with a barfing sound, some ectoplasmic sludge materializes out of nowhere and oozes in Gogie's general direction.

While the Toxic failed, which is a mistake Morty wouldn't have probably made but his NPC handler at the moment is known to do when dealing with Ghost types, Misdreavus was lucky in that Gogie was also paralyzed, and that kicked in just in time.

Morty -sweatdrops: "Oh I guess I won't be demoted to Whitney's position yet!" -- coughs -- "Well then, with more care now. Go ahead with a Shockwave!"

Misdreavus conjures a small current of jolts circling aorund her mouth and unleashes a Shockwave attack while floating up to try and build some distance away from the Dark-type.

The Shockwave hits but now Gogie is about to attack with a Bite. Misdreavus sings the Misdreavus equivalent of an "eeeeep!" and floats away while the Mightyena chases, and Morty watches as hs Pokémon gets confused at the edge of the arena and is caught by surprise, taking a good deal of damage and floating gracefully down to the ground.

Morty: "Down to the last energies... okay, try to go ahead with Swift, I know you can!"

While still falling to the ground, Misdreavus opens mouth, visibly in pain, and fires a barrage of lil'stars starshaped tracking projectiles towards Gogie.

Greenfield Airfield, Yesterday

Silent and team (minus Algira) take off from a blimp zeppelin!, then take a moment to stretch their legs and or wings after the 4-hour trip. Ichtacya scampers around, annoying some random Pokémon, while Sol goes to a patch of grass and curls under the sunlight. Shahinne and Roc fly nearby, looking for seeds and [nuts] to nom.

However, when Sol realizes Maekrite and Silent are wandering around and talking, she goes join them.

Maekrite -walks by Silent: <…Good thing Roc was there, don't you think?>

Sol -tilts head: <I wonder how come Ichtacya and I pretty much missed that part...>

Silent: "Remind me to thank Tagg for letting Roc spend time around."

Maekrite nods, turns back to Sol.

Maekrite: <You can't have missed it! You were offscreen with us!>

Sol -waves tail: <I was offscreen elsewhere.>

Silent: "Well, that shows you how to beat a Golurk revolt I guess. Shahinne looked pretty happy."

Maekrite: <I would be happy too if I saw Mom beat about 30 Metagross...> -thinks back to Future!Shahinne-- <You think she's gonna grow that strong?>

Silent -smiles: "Shahinne? Well she leads a healthy life."

After a couple of minutes of conversation, Silent recalls the group and the six head back to ${random_johto_place}.

Violet City Gym, NAO

Jim Guy Gym Guy is waiting for the latest challenger to be done with Falkner so that he can then guide challengers to to Falkner's place, all the whhile holding a sign that reads "Will give advice on challenging Whitney 4 food.

It's not that the Johto League are some greedy asses, it's just that… well, the economy is bad these days. Then again, NPCs go and give their advice off nilly-willy, and no one locks the doors of their houses, what do you expect?