Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

Falkner is petting a Pidgey for popularity points when he sees not one but two challengers. He immediately readies a couple of Pokéballs.

Falkner: "Welcome to the nest where bird Pokémon demonstrate their sheer awesomeness. I'm guessing you are here for a double battle? You better be prepared, because the more the birds, the stormiest the flock."

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

A Jellicent and Bisharp are sent out, and Falkner reacts by sending out two Pokéballs as well.

Falkner: "Oh a double battle. This is most uncommon for me, but it might still be like a breeze. Skarmory, Honchkrow, greet our guests with a sped-up Air Slash and a Pursuit!"

Command given and Skarmory takes off to circle around the arena building an Agility, at the end of which he dishes out two flying-type Sword Lines; meanwhile, Honchkrow flies close to the ground and towards Jellicent to Pursuit.

For all his troubles, Skarmory gets Scald'd, and Joe successfully and easily Slash'es Honchkrow because he was too close after the Pursuit attack that presents him with the ground. Skarmory caws and glides away to the other side of the arena, complaining (in Monese) that the water is too hot and that he doesn't like burnt things.

Falkner: "Not bad. But this is only the take off, now we should steady the flight. Honchkrow, go ahead with a Night Slash; Skarmory, you need to secure the ground. Go with Spikes."

The Honchkrow manages to stand up (being a Glass Canon, is already fairly close to fainting) and imbues wings in Obscura to try a swirling attack on Melinoe, while Skarmory already has taken off thanks to the Agility and after bating wings a couple of times rains about eight Steel arrows from his wings, which when reaching the ground dig under it and start growing spiky protrusions.

(For purposes of information; Rest of team is Delibird, Pelipper, Dodrio and Pidgeot)

Goldenrod

Silent finds himself on the streets heading to Faith's house to fetch Dintel back, wondering on how will he have to compensate her for hosting the playful sandshrew for like four months. (And that's not knowing in-universe about Harriet and Copahue cooing on her rooftop). Ichtacya and Sol scamper behind enjoying the sunlight and the noises of the city.

"We'll go to the Pokémon center first, just in case, and then I'll see how to fetch Dintel back. Perhaps we should also talk to Rex. Surely Pierce and Minty will love to hear our mons are back."

Ichtacya: <Oh, Minty will also love to hear that Algira is still missing.> -- follows ahead silently.

Violet Gym

(After this post)

The Skarmory, still a bit distracted from the Scald and having to Spike the field, doesn't see Joe coming until it's nearly too late, thanks to a hint from Falkner; all the metal bird can do is to bare chest against the attack while still in mid-air, and is pushed a good distance back from the Brick Break, but manages to recover.

Honchkrow is not nearly as lucky. The bird had just spread his wings to try and take off to avoid the attack when he is hit by the Ice Beam, encasing a large portion of his chest in ice. Falkner sees the bird lean forwards and fall to the ground.

Honchkrow has fainted!

Falkner is quick to recall the dark-type and then sends out another Pokéball wordlessly. The device opens to reveal a Dodrio.

Dodrio -heads look mostly at Joe: <Hello!> <There you are~> <Betcha you didn't expect this!>

Falker turns to Skarmory and motions for him to fly back and to the other side, to switch opponents.

Falkner: "Let's deal with this differently. Dodrio, Reflect and then Fury Attack that Bisharp; Skarmory, deal an Aerial Ace of your own!"

Skarmory cries and flies up to then dive at Melinoe with a Aerial Ace; meanwhile, Dodrio stays behind materializing a Reflect shield and preparing to rush at Joe for a Fury Attack.

Dept. Store

During a detour to the Dept. Store to check on some items of interest because of a message he got yesterday on his phone,  Silent stops for a moment to check some things of his pack. Amused that Maekrite leers at the Moon Stone that still stays in the backpack ever since the GC, he picks his phone up and decides to [message Umbra], asking about the beginning Trainer whose birthday comes Soon™. In the meanwhile, Sol fiddles with the TM disc and a couple of items such as a Metal Coat and a King's Rock Silent bought on the way from Unova.

(After this)

While Maekrite starts poking Silent's item bag and trying to drag it to the part of the store where they sell incinerators, Silent is busy checking a message.

To: Umbra

Ooooh, my Monotype senses are tingling. I guess the Scyther is the starter, isn't it? Anyway… I have a couple of things that might be of interest to her, of which the first that comes to mind is a [Metal Coat] Sol insisted I should buy for some reason.

If it is Okay with you I can send it over with one of my Pokémon. Now if you excuse me, I have to hang up. Maekrite seems to be trying to sign up my items bag to the demonstration of a new Hydreigon-based all-purpose incinerator on national TV.

Bye~

Sol -follows closely: <I knew that item would be [important], purr~>

Silent and Sol rush to catch Maekrite before he is done dragging the item bag, while Ichtacya stays behind fiddling through the TM case, and tilts her head when she notices the Curse TM is still there.

Ichtacya: <…Oh? This still here? Dintel learned it long ago...> -- pokes the TM disc.

The TM disc, now inert, falls from the case and rolls away on the ground.

Celadon Pokécenter

Sol and Ichtacya pop out of their Pokéballs after they're transferred to the local Pokécenter by a local PEFE assistant. The young woman shows a paper to the Eeveelutions and explains to them the [package] they have to deliver is inside a box and that they have to go to [Schröedinger's] location to do so.

After a couple of minutes the Espeon and Leafeon step outside, the grass-type carrying the package.

Sol -smugly: <Told you that package was also important~>

Ichtacya -leers back: <Let's not waste time. I want to explore! :3>

And the two head off to Ammy's location for the next post…

(After this post)

Ichtacya and Sol are pet, the Espeon purrs while the Leafeon wags her tail and hold the package.

Sol: <I'm an Espeon, that makes me cute by default. :3>

Ichtacya: <Oh I love this...> -- turns to Apollo -- <I'm a visitor, lemme some privilege~>

Sol -focuses psychic powers: <Do you know [Ammy] by any chance? Since you are in the linked post I guessed you had to have some nominal relationship to her... we have a package.>

Ichtacya -frowns while being pet: <Don't listen to her, she's gone crazy. Play fetch with me instead!>

Ammy looks impressed; Ichtacya simply nods and puts the package down.

Ichtacya: <Our Trainer said today it was Ammy's birthday so here we are!>

Sol -looks up, feels a bit nervous: <Well, here's the gift Silent got for you… Hope you like it...>

Ichtacya and Sol unwrap the package and produce a little bag in birthday-theme wrapping.

(After this post)

Sol notices Issun.

Sol: <[]>

Ichtacya looks quite happy when Ammy reveals the package, and purrwoofs at Sickle.

Ichtacya: <Ooooh so the gift probably was for you? Are you a special Pokémon? Silent always pays attention to the Pokémon his friends have...> -- walks up to Ammy -- <Hope you like it. Also remember the opportunity to pet Eeveelutions is a gift! :3>

Sol notices Sickle and looks back at Issun, feels a bit uneasy, her fur standing on end; she hesitantly crouches in front of Issun, narrowing her eyes at the bug with the expression of a cat who has discovered a microwave oven or something.

Sol: <…U-uhm... hello? You can see [important] things too?>

Celadon, a couple of days in the past

(After this post)

Ichtacya -bows, waves head leaf: <You're welcome~>

Sol meanwhile lies on the ground in front of Issun, purrs excitedly.

Sol: <Oh so you give [tips]? I had never seen other mons that could see the things I see! I was very scared at first…> -- thinks for a moment -- <Hey, have you thought of setting up a [business]? :3>

Ichtacya meanwhile goes wander around and look out for people to pet her. She also glances at the lush environment outside every once in a while.

(After this post)

Dodrio steps back after completing the Fury Attack.

Skarmory -looks around and noties Melinoe: <Creepy.> -- gulps.

Falkner: "Okay, this is getting harder... hang in there, kitty Dodrio!"

Before he can do much, Dodrio is hit on one of the heads by Joe's Iron Head; that head yells in pain and the others start complaining. After a moment of moving around eerily, the weakened head faints, which impairs the other two.

Dodrio Head #2: <Oh this is just great...>

Skarmory meanwhile tries to fly up away but can not get too far before getting Scald'd and falls to the ground yelping in pain, finally fainting. Falkner looks as the Pokémon's body  boils somewhat then recalls the bird. Sends out a new Pokéball from which a [Delibird] emerges.

Falkner: "Okay, we'll have to show them the versatility of Flying Types. Dodrio, aim with a Tri Attack; Delibird, Future Sight."

Dodrio nods (well, at least two of the three heads do) and then they start trying to charge elemental attacks for a Tri Attack, however they quickly find themselves cut short because of the imbalance of the missing head (and correspondingly a missing type), causing them to yelp and step further back.

Tri Attack can not be used!
Dodrio flinched!

Delibird meanwhile walks around getting close to Melinoe, then turns around and produces a small orb of pulsating Psychic energy from his tail sac. With a swift movement, Delibird lets the orb go, which starts rolling around slowly on the battlefield.

(After this post)

Delibird tilts his head and looks amused as Melinoe chases the Future Sight orb. It takes him a moment to notice Joe and turns around to face his charge HOT CHARGE.

Delibird: <…Ack!> -- is hit and sent flying a good distance because of his small body.

Dodrio Head #3: <Ouch...> -- turns to the other awake one, boredly -- <Can we move along?>

Dodrio Head #2: <Yes~> -- looks angry.

Dodrio head #1: <No. ×_×>

The third Dodrio head sighs and tries to command the body to stand up, which Falkner notices.

Falkner: "I am being lucky here... Dodrio, let's make use of this time, Mud Slap the Bisharp before the Reflect fades; Delibird, also give the Bisharp a present."

Delibird stands up and produces a small mostly-rectangular object wrapped in green gift paper. Then goes walk towards Joe to deliver it while Dodrio gets his act together and starts Mud Slapping on the Bisharp.

Delibird's Gift(?): «sssssssssssssss~»

Meanwhile, the Future Sight orb still rolls around…

(After this post)

The attack has worked and the creeper present exploded pretty much on Joe's hands. Still didn't cause too much damage, and Falkner mutters about what strategy to use now, since Present isn't that reliable.

Delibird: <My presents are pretty~>

Yeah, keep believing that.

Dodrio head #2 -to Joe: <Oh, You're welcome to make us try.>

Dodrio head #3 -turns around, looks at Melinoe sadly: <…What's with that thing?>

Delibird retreats to a safer distance and stays there, turns to Falkner waiting for instructions.

Falkner: "Hmmm... Dodrio is pretty weakened, so I guess we'll have to try something else. Mud Slap on the Jellicent now, Dodrio. Delibird, stay on the Bisharp, Ice Beam him, at least that takes advantage of your typing."

Delibird nods and breathes deep to fire an Ice Beam at Bisharp. Dodrio's heads start getting into an argument about how safe it is to go and try to pester a ghost, and after a moment they decide to walk behind Melinoe somewhat hesitantly, waiting for the right moment to Mud Slap.

Meanwhile, the Future Sight orb is still rolling around aimlessly... and pulsating faster.

[spoiler]Future Sight orb explodes next post

(After this post)

It's a beautiful day in the Violet Gym, and birds are dropping off the sky.

Delibird, for one, is Sucker Punch'd before he can get to fire his Ice Beam - of course, that's the point of a Sucker Punch. The only good thing that the little bird gets out of this is that now he's in pretty much close range for the Ice Beam, which he fires, then falls to the ground from the gut pains.

Meanwhile the Dodrio heads stare at Melinoe as the Jellicent blows kisses at them.

Dodrio Head #2: <She likes me!>

Dodrio Head #3 -shrieks: <No, she likes me!> -- pecks the second head.

Falkner facepalms.

Dodrio Head #1 -rolls eyes: <Whatever guys, just remember I'm not into your weird fetishes.>

Occupied in their bickering, they don't notice the mystical flames until it is too late, and the Dodrio is burnt. Falkner doesn't facepalm because once is enough. After a moment the burns start taking effect and the second head chills in pain.

Falkner -notices the Future Sight orb: "Okay, let's hope this at least helps something..."

The Future Sight [orb] levitates itself off the ground, pulsates faster, approaches the nearest enemy mon and explodes releasing raw energy.

Violet Gym

After a good job, Falkner's duo manages to faint Melinoe and force Joe to be switched out. However, victory shall be shortlasting - an Aggron has been sent out to battle instead, accompanied by a Houndoom.

Falkner: "This is going to be hard... Dodrio, can you continue?"

In response the Pokémon fluffs feathers and tries to look more aggressive.

Dodrio Head #2: <Yes!>

Dodrio Head #3: <Let's peck them!>

Then the heads notice that the [Reflect] barrier they put before is fading out.

Dodrio Head #3: <Uhm...?>

Dodrio Head #1: <My existence is a swirly thing of pain. ×_×>

Delibird, meanwhile, sits on the ground resting for a moment and trying to catch a breath.

Falkner: "All right then, let's continue the challenge, last as much as you can. Dodrio go Fury Attack on the Houndoom; Delibird, try your luck, circle around the Aggron using your small size and charge a Focus Punch!"

Delibird nods and stands up, charges Fighting power on his wing and starts trotting and hopping around more or less aimlessly. Dodrio meanwhile hops ahead to try and get the first attack on the Houndoom.

(After this post)

(Did the mons react to the Spikes?)

Dodrio Head #2 -after a Fury Attack hit: <Uh oh...>

Dodrio Head #1: <I told you about trying stuff, I warned you bro~>

Dodrio opens their eyes wide as they see the searing fire attack and... one second later they're lying on the ground, somewhat scorched.

Delibird doesn't precisely run lickier luckier. While he sees the Iron Tail coming, at that blinding speed there's not much he can to except bracing himself, and ends up embedded on one of the gym walls after a very rough flight.

Dodrio has fainted!

Falkner mutters something and prepares a Pokéball. Sends out a Pokémon that is revealed to be [Pidgeot], the flagship mon in the team. The Pidgeot just stays there on the ground, looks at Houndoom lazily and nips at a wing.

Falkner: "This is the most awesome Pidgeot in the world. He's like, in the top percen-" -- slaps himself -- "Sorry, don't know what took over me. Anyway, Pidgeot, prepare. Take off and Agility into a Feather Dance, aim on the Aggron. Delibird... stand up if you can."

Delibird fights to unembed himself from the wall, flailing and flapping while trying to also get something off his sac. Pidgeot meanwhile flies ahead at Aggron.

Pidgeot: <Chirp.> -- Agilities and speeds up to instantly reach Arlon's backside, Feather Dances him calmly.

Delibird jumps off from the wall and weakly runs at Houndoom to try and do... something.

(After this post)

Delibird makes a painful walk towards Prometheus, gasping and flinching every other step, with the prose camera covering his shaking and slow motions in a way not unlike how slow dramatic scenes in war movies (plus panning to show the Spikes every once in a while).

Every step towards his opponent is an achievement.

And meanwhile, not far from there, Pidgeot was flying above, circling around Arlon to await for his next attack, when he is struck with a Stone Edge barrage that he can not escape.

Falkner: "Noooo! Silly super effective rock attacks can not down such awesome birds!" -- cries some manly tears, then turns back to the battle. "Surprise that Aggron and show him what the heat of the battle is like."

Pidgeot flies eve higher and with some effort unleashes a Heat Wave, however it's not very fast (or powerful for that matter). Meanwhile, Delibird finally manages to drag himself across the battlefield to where Prometheus is and lift his wing to try and hit him…

…And then Prometheus just taps the Delibird, knocking him over. Causing the little bird to fall to the ground, wings sprawled. Dramatically.

Falkner: "Delibird no!" He was too weak to continue.

Delibird faints!
Dramatically!

Falkner meanwhile sends out his last Pokéball. Out of it emerges a Pelipper.

(After this post)

Pidgeot observes in horror as Arlon levitates some stones, he already went through that pain once. Pelipper meanwhile just sits there, yawns loudly.

Pidgeot: <This is gonna->

Falkner, knowing there is not much even his Pidgeot can do against such a barrage, hopes the bird can pull it through before the next attack. Meanwhile, he nods to Pelipper, who simply turns to face Prometheus.

????!Pelipper: <…And what might you thing you're trying to do?>

Prometheus fires his Dark Pulse at Pelipper while Arlon flushes the two birds with Rock Slide from above (made from the earlier Stone Edges to add insult to injury). Pidgeot braces as well as he possibly can but is still brought down to the ground, where he pants heavily, his health diminished to somewhere in the red (no, not The Red). Pelipper just watches the two attacks close on him, then cackles and lifts a wing, instantly erecting an egg-shaped barrier of energy.

Pelipper used Protect!

The Rock Slide aimed at him crashes against the shield, becoming little more than dust and falling to the side, while the Dark Pulse crashes and flushes around the shield aimlessly until it loses its entire energy. A moment later, the Pelipper downs the shield.

Troll!Pelipper: <Trololololololll~ Problem?>

Falkner: "Good thing I got myself this top percentage Pelipper from Hoenn!" -- whistles.

Some months ago, in Hoenn

Falkner is vacationing in Mossdeep to try and forget the horrible times he spent in Janine's body, and walks around the beach, when he sees a poor Leafeon being trolled to death by some Pelipper.

Ichtacya: <Aaaaaaargh!>

Falkner: "Hmmm... I've got to get myself one of those!"

(After this post)

Falkner's Pidgeot stares angrily at Houndoom then looks back for instructions.

Falkner: "Give it an Aerial Ace with all your might! Make use of your superior agility. And Pelipper, blast the two foes with everything!"

Pelipper nods, laughs trollishly and flies a bit gracefully up until just about Arlon's height and opens his muzzle; just as soon as he does that, he unloads a whole lot of unholy greenish exorcism vomit high-pressure water in the form of a Suft attack. Right as he does that, Pidgeot gathers his last strengths and flies ahead to meet Houndoom's charge with an Aerial Ace, though even after he lands the attack he will faint (non-dramatically) from the last of the damage as a result.

Violet Gym

Not without some effort, Pelipper and Pidgeot  manage to faint their opponents, but it takes Pidgeot fainting to do so. Falkner buffs as he is left with only one Pokémon, and two new opponents have been sent out to the battlefield.

What's worse, they have a strategy. In the first Gym, blasphemy! :p

Falkner: "I am required by my contract to go mention, right now, to mention that the wind is finally with us. No matter that the battle comes hard. Pelipper... try to resist their charms and Payback on the Slowking."

Pelipper nods and flies ahead, but quickly falls charmed by the Lucario's Attract, and peacefully roosts on the ground to appreciate her beauty, refusing to attack, instead nipping at his wing to look as handsome as possible. Of course, while he was getting done on that he is hit full-force by the Psychic attack and tossed down to the ground with a shriek.

Pelipper in love: <...Why would you DO that!> -- shakes himself off -- <I wa sbusy being HAPPY!>

After this post…

Pelipper nuzzles happily with the Lucario and shares with her some stories of life about back when Mossdeep and his flock trolling travellers with Protect. Speaking of which, by the lid of an eye the Pelipper sees the Slowking about to fire an attack. At them. As in he and she, who he is (temporarily) in LUV with.

Falkner: "Watch out! And I'll try to give useful advice!"

And that's terrible!

Pelipper: <No! Leave us alone!>

Pelipper grabs Gainas's arm and pushes her a bit back, then covers her and himself with a Protect shield, this time larger than before, blocking the effect of the Blizzard; Pelipper looks notoriously disconcerted at the attack.

(assisted Pippi here; hope I didn't stomp any plans...)

Sanity is precious; use it sparingly.

200 (edited by VeniaSilente 2012-12-02 20:37:38)

Goldenrod Birdhouse

Inside the larger nest the shapes of two large birds can be seen pressed against each other; after a morning of fishing and tidying up the birdhouse, Harriet the Honchkrow♀ and Copahue the Fearow♂ are enjoying a nap very together, his left wing folded around her.

Suddenly there is a loud caw coming from somewhere in the city, loud enough that many birds around town stop what they're doing to check.

Harriet: <…zZz… ~♥> -- nuzzles more.

Well, most birds.

The call is followed every couple of minutes by other similar ones from the city and from somewhere outside, but Harriet and Copahue don't pay much attention to it.

Outside

Shahinne is perched on a lamppost near the exit to Rt.34 when she listens to the bird calls. When she sees some birds around reacting, she starts nervously bating her wings.