Re: PMD Returns: stories of PMD-A and PMD-B

Roc and Shahinne are talking with a group of mons and trying to get information about the job posted above. At present Roc is following a Serperior while Shahinne charms some Elemental Monkeys into giving out information.

Roc: <So, wait, you've seen four Teams take the missions in the last few weeks...>

Citizen!Serperior: <Four, maybe five... actually, lazt one waz juzt two dayz ago…> -- slithers away.

Roc: <B-but the others say...> -- Roc hops ahead to catch up -- <that none of the groups has [returned]?>

Serperior: <...Nope.> -- blinks.

Roc -frowns: <...From a strangely highly compensating mission about mons who eat everything, yet they don't spend that [money] they supposedly have in, you know, buying food?>

Serperior: <Yeah, the very zame.>

Roc grows exasperated, waves his crest and changes to a somewhat more aggressive tone.

Roc: <And you and your friends don't find anything [weird] about this???>

The Serperior does whatever their species's equivalent to a shrug is and slithers away. Roc stays in his place, buffs and decides to go look for Shahinne and catch her before she tries to take that job for themselves.

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Treasure Town

Roc and Shahinne walk around town, the father not precisely very happy. Shahinne is bent on taking the mission with the mon-eating Gulpin family, citing various idealistic concerns about how Pokémon should not be hungry, some tactical details on how approaching the mission should be easy (and it "should be", considering she managed to procure a basket of [green apples] from a former client for free) and some regulation issues on how she is the leader of the team and thus the final decision is hers.

Roc has tagged along and has carefully addressed each one of Shahinne's points, citing various practical concerns about trusting sources of information (considering that no mon happened to know when was the notice posted or whomon actually did it), the fact that the last group to go had an Aggron, the fact that Shahinne and Roc won't actually get that money because that prick Chatot is going to tax them and the fact that by the end of the day Shahinne is Roc's daughter and he knows what is best for her.

However, Shahinne has (smartly) saved her best argument for last. She hops before Roc, cutting him off and puffs her chest.

Shahinne: <But dad… adoptive mom and dad always procure that I have food!> -- narrows eyes at Roc -- <Mom suck at fishing but she tries.>

Roc: <Well, that's nice of them…> -- lowers his head.

Shahinne: <Mom makes a lot of effort! They help other mons, put me being good first and you told me to learn from them...>

Roc is about to say something but stops himself, beak still open. The chick looks up at him as if some understanding of a particular matter, like not being too self-centered, had just dawned upon her with those words. And while it is true that the Starly needs to grow up (a lot), Roc does not want to go against that process of learning at a key stage.

Shahinne has stated her word and one day, Roc tells himself, she'll have to prove herself true to it.

Roc: <…Fine. For this time.> -- the Staraptor sighs, conceding defeat on the matter. -- <We can take the mission tomorrow.>

Shahinne trills a happy note and hops in place a couple of times. She stops when Roc raises a wing to call her attention.

Roc: <But I'm going to do the… hard work. You are going to be an obedient Starly and stay behind me when I order you to, is that clear?>

For added emphasis the Staraptor uses some of his Intimidation features to try and give Shahinne a sort of "scare her straight" look. She chirps in surprise but nods. After Roc nods in response, Shahinne lets her fear go away, she happily jumps up at her father's chest for nuzzles.

Roc: «Ugh... I swear, after this we're leaving this town. I'll have to ask the others where to go.»

Shahinne enjoys snuggles while Roc looks around and preens her. He decides he'll spend the night looking for a dead Steelix to sharpen his talons on.

…Just in case.

Golden Forests, PMD-B

After a couple of days of goofing around as the gang have some fun with the local schools of mons, Xavier and Monty are led to the lorekeeping ground uphill. The two Pokémon enter the wooden cabin and notice some paintings with numbers ascribed, reading like "199x", "200x", etc…

Monty -points to one of the first pictures: <Hey, tell, Linoone, what is this thing?>

Linoone -walks in and looks at the picture: <Oh, it is a picture of the Bad Times.> -- shrugs -- <The myths say something about a big bug and a cat who tried to rule over the world…>

At that moment Xavier walks in, interested mostly because he's not hear anything about that.

Xavier: <A cat ruling the world, heh...> -- squints at the picture -- <Is this myth or something that really happened?>

Monty: <I dunno...>

The two Pokémon inspect the picture closely. It seems to be a collage of various events depicted against the background of the larger Johto region. The city of Goldenrod is seen being soared by large birds and dragons. who are chasing some Rattata and Hoothoot around Up north near the National Park, a Nidorino, an Espeon and an Umbreon are standing in a "you shall not pass" stance.

Xavier: <Oh it has to be definitively myth. Look at this thing.>

Xavier and Monty look to the lower part depicting the Ilex Forest and the town of Azalea. Rows of small mons can be seen running away from razed and burning settlements, forming a row as they enter what seems to be a [blue hole] being held in place by a Zoroark.

Monty: <Wha- hey, where are they going?> -- starts inspecting the picture, finally finding something -- <Hey, look, they're here!>

Xavier follows Monty's claw to the part of the picture near the Magnet Train. There, from a [orange hole], the row of mons are emerging and walking into the forest to sit around the figure of a Nidorina and a shiny Ampharos.

Xavier: <Perhaps it is a metaphor for mass teleportation? But I've never heard of anything like this happening…> -- shrugs.

Monty's eyes wander to the west in the lost sea, where he notices there is a land that looks much like Unova, up to what appears to be the Relic Castle.

Monty: <Oh the artist must have been on drugs... Xavier, look at this!>

Xavier floats to where Monty is looking at a depiction of Unova. What he sees is the Relic Castle being surrounded by columns of mon, all of them bowing to a Liepard and a Scolipede. Above the castle, what looks like a giant Hydreigon can be seen, firing flames at the fields around him where the corpses of various mons like Nidos and Aipoms lie.

Xavier -frowns: <This is wicked...>

Somewhere else in the Golden Forests

Maekrite: <...zZz... ...zZz... and then we can make more kits :3>

Maekrite is poked by a horn on his sleep, which prompts him to wake up. He sees two Nidorino by his side and Silentran♂ still curled under him.

Maekrite: <U-uhm...>

Local Nidorino: <You and the Druddigon female come with us.> -- steps back -- <You have some things to explain.>

Maekrite: <W-what about the rest of…>

Local Nidorino: <They will be tended to. Move.>

Maekrite stands up and shakes, gives a worried look at Silentran♂. He tries to calm himself down mentally reminding himself that Toothless is around.

Local Nidorino: <Don't worry, we won't do anything bad to your kit or to the fish.> -- points to a makeshift bowl with water where Cleo is resting.

Maekrite: <He's not m- er...> -- shakes himself -- <Hang on...>

Maekrite goes to poke Teala and wake her up.

After waking Teala up

Maekrite: <They kinda want us for something.> -- points to the Nidorino -- <Hopefully we can get some explanation of what's going on?>

At that moment Silentran♂ (and possibly Toothless / Cleo / Riana :3 ) wake up.

(After this post)

Maekrite carefully pets and licks Riana. Silentran♂ looks at it with a small hint of envy, not that he'll admit it.

Maekrite: <We have to go do some stuff, can you take care of the others, Toothless?>

Local Nidorino: <Don't worry, they can go play with the kits and the other foreigners in the meantime. it's almost time for communal noms.> -- to Toothless -- <So please don't hunt anything here.>

Silentran♂ -walks up to Maekrite: <W-wait, but where are you going?>

Maekrite: <Hush. I'll try to take care of this...> -- licks the Nidoran -- <Don't get lost or something.>

The Nidorinos motion for Teala and Maekrite to walk away while a group of an Arbok, a Woopaah and some Rattatas come take the others for a walk.

Somewhere near Shimmer Hill

A Starly♀ with a badge and a Staraptor♂ carrying a basket of [green apples] make a graceful glide towards a random well kept house. As the two birds make their landing Roc looks around, finding no indications that any other Pokémon have come to this area in a long long time. No blood either.

Those Gulpin are quite hungry, quite efficient, or both, Roc mutters to himself as Shahinne goes knock on the door.

Golden Forests

Some Woopah, Arbok and Rattata head Toothless and the others outside to begin the activities of the day. After walking around for a while they join with a group of Loudred and Teddiursa and enter a communal clearing where some mons are noming berries.

Lead Loudred -pats Riana (carefully): <Those are the kits. You and the fish should have a fun time around.>

In effect various Whismur, Nidoran and Rattata kits can be seen wandering around, eating and playing, all under the watchful vigilance of some adults.

Being larger and physically more imposing to the kits, Toothless is taken to nom near the edge of the clearing together with some Linoone and Ursaring as well as a Hariyama. He is offered a pot of pears and [herbs].

Conversation!Hariyama: <So... anymon has any idea when the Festival is? Various mons have been asking around...>

Conversation!Linoone: <Hopefully it's soon, I want to migrate to the Sacred Forests this spring.> -- turns to Toothless while waving a a cabbage -- <You come along for the festival too? What are your offerings? Just tell me it's not the fish...>

Meanwhile, Maekrite and Teala are led somewhere offscreen.

Somewhere near Shimmer Hill

~ knock, knock ~

The door of the rock house opens, revealing a [Gulpin] wearing a cap. The Pokémon and Shahinne look at each other for a moment before the Gulpin even thinks to ask what is this about.

Gulpin: <Yes? What is this about? :3>

Shahinne: <Oh hai~ I'm Shahinne and we are here because you were [hungry]…>

The Gulpin blinks, looks around Shahinne distinguishing Roc and a basket, then turns back to Shahinne.

Gulpin: <Oh my, yes, come in, please, come in… :3> -- moves away.

Shahinne trills, calls Roc in. The larger bird picks the basket up and walks inside, not before giving some wary leers to the Gulpin and the two or three other Gulpin and Swalot at the table.  Roc takes some looks around, noticing that the house is quite tidy and there are only a few decorations. He also notices that there is no furniture nor any random object near any of the corners of the room.

The family man mon, a Swalot with a tie, moves from the table and goes greet Shahinne.

Main Swalot: <Welcome, it'll be a pleasure to have you as guests [on] our table... :3>

The little Gulpin closes the door behind Roc.

(After this post)

Golden Forests

Linoone -almost chokes, spits up what might as well be a Torchic leg: <Uhm... sorry, I didn't want to imply…>

Lead Loudred -chuckles: <No, no, an offering. Something of beauty or style that Lady Ho-Oh might appreciate, for example?>

Linoone: <Yeah, the festival is about… about…> -- swings his paw around for a moment, as if trying to remember.

After a moment, Loudred sighs at the Linoone and pats Toothless.

Loudred: <Actually we for some reason don't remember exactly what the festival is about. There is a [Tropius] who might come around and tell us when it's about time, but for the moment we prepare various offerings.>

As the group around is finishing their meal, some adults start gathering and rounding up the young to organize exploration and battle groups. A Sentret separates from the group, runs up to Toothless and starts poking him.

(After this post)

????!Sentret -to Riana: <Oh I'm just having fun~> -- leaps to Toothless's head and speaks to ear -- <if you want to wander around freely in these lands I have an offer you can not refuse~>

Linoone -looks up: <What are you doing there, kit?>

FakeIDs!Sentret: <Hugging the big dragon's neck! :3>

Meanwhile, Maekrite and Teala arrive to a section of the forest where they meet a couple of Xatu, some Teddiursa and Yanmega and, as the Nidorino expected, a cabal of Nidorina. One of the Yanmega steps (flies) forwards.

Leader Yanmega: <We have gotten word of a Druddigon and a Nidorino, yes, and here you are...>

Cabal Nidorina: <We would like to ask some questions. It has been quite some time we see a fellow Guarder here… say, dragon,> -- turns to Teala -- <Where do you come from?>

(After this post)

When Teala answers the Nidorina start looking at each other. Xatu flies closer to the Druddigon.

Xatu: <Then by your looks you must be a fellow Guard… you almost feel like it.>

Nidorina #1: <Many eras ago our colony and the colony of Druddigon at the Dragonspiral Tower learnt that we had something in common…> -- points to the north, to the Bell Tower -- <To serve our gods we stepped forward and shared our knowledge, technique and discipline.>

Maekrite tilts his head.

Maekrite: <This is a bit strange… we only started training you some months ago, Teala…>

The Xatu and Nidorina turn to Maekrite, inspecting him. The Nidorino, not used to much female attention, feels uncomfortable and caught off-guard.

Lead Nidorina: <What's with the markings, handsome? Some sort of colony custom from beyond the sea?>

Maekrite -steps back: <Er… n-no. It's me... Maekrite. Why is n-no one remembering me?>

The other Pokémon start looking at each other quizzically.

Leader Yanmega -flies down to Maekrite and Teala: <How come you not know about this place yet you know about Inka?>

(After this post)

Maekrite turns to Teala, eyes wide open.

Maekrite: <Teala you did what? O_O>

The Nidorinas look a bit perplexed and walk in closer to the group, some of them keeping their eyes on Maekrite. One of them walks up to Teala.

Leader Nidorina: <Silly you can not have seen Inka... This was long long ago.>

Leader Yanmega: <More or less by the time of the Treason and the Banishment…>

Leader Nidorina: <It's all told in the story of this forest.>

Random Teddiursa -walks up to the Nidorina: <B-but my mom says in the Sacred Forest there are stories of mons who come from another times!>

The Nidorina and Yanmega start looking at each other worried then at Teala and at Maekrite again. There is some minor chitchat that is quelled when one of the Nidorina breaks from the group and walks to Teala and Maekrite.

Leader Nidorina -to Teala and Maekrite: <…Do you have any way to prove what you say?>

The Nidorinas are now even more perplexed than before. They wave the Teddiursas away and start surrounding Teala and Maekrite.

<So... you really don't know?>

<Or are you just too tired?>

<It's been ages… they taught us how to fight in caves!>

<The myths say we used to have an army once.>

<Come on, we teach this to all of the kits after their fifth month!>

<Sandshrew live in the desert!>

Some of the other Nidorina turn to talk to the one who  has just spoken; she shies a bit.

<What? Trivia tidbits can be useful sometimes~>

Suddenly a Nidorina raises her paw, bringing the group to a halt. After a very briedf gesture some of the Nidorina start surrounding Maekrite.

Leader Nidorina: <Perhaps we should leave the guests rest and try to understand this better tomorrow~> -- to Teala -- <The Yanmega will take you to a cave where you can rest with [other] guards…>

Nidorina #2: <Yeah, you will feel like at [home] there...>

Nidorina #3: <Oh and don't worry the male will follow shortly...>

Nidorina #4: <But not too shortly...> -- grins.

Maekrite gives a quick excuse about a training regime and turns around but finds himself surrounded; having a more or less correct idea of what is going on he tries to avoid their stares and instead turns to Teala, his eyes pleading for some assistance.

Teala suggests she and Maekrite should spend the night together (yeah, make of that what you will o3o). Maekrite raises a paw and concurs with Teala's motion however this prompts the other Nidorina to be more aggressive and try to get in his line of sight for an Attract, or even flat out try and rub against him. However with a very loud thump and some growls and laser leers, the leader Nidorina puts them in order.

Leader Nidorina: <Very well then, you two can rest in the cave quarters...> -- raises an eyebrow as Maekrite rushes to hide behind Teala.

Maekrite: <Completely OK by me...>

A couple of seconds later the Yanmega leads Teala and Maekrite in a longer but offscreened and timeskipped path to...

The Cave Quarters

Before Teala and Maekrite lies the opening of a cave. the rocks and trees nearby show various scratches, slashes and other wounds from mons that are definitively taller than the average Nidorino/a.

Yanmega -to Teala, flying in circles: <Surely you'll enjoying some interns. Actually, not all of them are interns… some of them are,> -- gives a deeper look at Teala -- <from families born and raised here.>

From deep inside the cave, growls and snores that are definitively Druddigon-like can be heard faintly.

(After this post)

Yanmega: <Accommodate somewhere by the left wall, there's always more room there. Sleep well, and enjoy family, more or less…>

The Yanmega wanders off, Maekrite and Teala enter the cave to notice a group of about 8 Druddigon, smaller and tanner than normal, sleeping inside. Teala walks closer to one of them and looks at him with some curiosity; confused and tired, she and Maekrite quickly agree though that the best thing to do is to sleep over all of this weirdness. Who knows, perhaps they'll wake up back in Treasure Town after a very weird shared dream, they've been in stranger stuff.

Teala rests by the wall and lies half-curled; a couple of minutes of sniffing and wandering later, Maekrite walks in as well and sheepishly lies by Teala, also half-curled.

Near Shimmer Hill

Yesterday, Roc and Shahinne were invited in by a family of hungry and cute Gulpin :3. The quite varied meal of fruit, rock and meat has gone without many eventualities and as it nears its end the Gulpin young can be seen enjoying the aftertaste of their noms while their parents hold some conversation.

Gulpin Child #1: <Mom, can you pass the salt? :3>

Madam Swalot: <Hang on, dear~ :3> -- finishes a potato -- <These have been very weird days, haven't them, honey?>

Gulpin Child #1: <Mom... :3> -- pounds on his chair.

The female Swalot leers at her child then passes the salt (somehow!). The child has to fight with one of his siblings for the salt but in the end takes it, produces a [fried bird wing] and after salting it a lot, noms it whole in a more or less unceremonious manner. After that another of the siblings salts his potato and noms it whole. The other siblings nom some [green apples]. Whole, of course. :3.

Madam Swalot -frowns: <Manners, dears~ :3>

Mister Swalot -reads the newspaper: <My, yes, it is unfortunate that this strange situation is happening again.> -- starts turning the pages -- <And it seems nomon talks about it.  :3>

The kids are mostly finished with their meal and they grow impatient. After one of them asks if they can go play now the mother, exasperated, explains that the three of them need to keep a balanced diet and thus nomon will leave the table until they are done noming their green apples since they're already done with the [meat]. One of the Gulpin pounds on the chair, prompting a sound sigh from their father - this scares him straight enough that he noms his apple with some water. Whole, of course. :3

The Swalot female turns to the other side of the table.

Madam Swalot -sweatdrops: <Excuse my children's manners, they get very impatient at this time of the night... :3>

Roc waves his crest and mutters something about not having to make much deal out of it. He waves a wing and turns to Shahinne, whom, during the course of the dinner, he has had to keep distracted from the fact that the Gulpin are noming bird with some juggling games and feather preening. The blissfully unaware Starly♀ trills a happy note as she notices the three Gulpin children noming their [apples].

Roc: <So, mister... can you explain to me in more detail how did this happen?>

Mister Swalot: <Oh dear... I wish I could tell exactly, but as I mentioned before, we don't know why this is happening... :3>

The female Swalot drinks some grape juice and points to one of the windows near the corner of the house.

Madam Swalot: <It has been two weeks already ever since that [Rescue Team] expelled those bandits and outlaws from our gardens. They all left in that direction. :3>

Mister Swalot: <We had been hostages for days, without food or water. We complied with the terms of the contract and gave that team our money and our thanks. :3>

Madam Swlaot: <Oh dear, we truly thought this matter was resolved... :3>

Roc: <But then… the other teams who came…>

Madam Swalot: <Well, we had some visitors afterwards…> -- points to the kitchen -- <Since they all came around with food and talking about the money, we thought they were passerbies grateful four our donation. We invited them to our table, just like we invited you, and then they departed their own way~ :3>

Mister Swalot: <But you are saying now… none of those kind mons have returned… oh dear... :3>

Roc -nods: <This is definitively strange. You never saw them again, right?>

The two Swalot shake their heads, looking a bit sad. Roc thought for a moment about what was going on. Obviously all initial perceptions about the mission went wrong. But how could many rescue teams disappear without trace after leaving this place? He was sure from the tone of voice of the Swalot and their lack of defensive signs in their body language that they didn't know a thing about the matter.

Roc preened Shahinne as the Starly nommed an apple. He could not allow the same thing that happened to them to happen to her. It was time to find out what was going on.

Moved to here

Treasure Town

Finding herself with not much to do since Helios has decided to go check Marowak's Dojo, Algira is spending some time hovering around town. She has caught notice of Chansey's daycare tent and hit by a sort of longing feeling decides to go take a look.

This takes her in the conveniently opposite direction from where Sol is also wandering around town, noming some herbs while listening to the various mons in town talk about stuff. She wonders how she will get the required money to get Ichtacya off the hospital. It'd be easier if she could find Silent, who most likely holds the item bag, but so far in the last three days no luck.

Sol: <Hmmm... perhaps I need to use more trickery?> -- looks around -- <I wonder if by following some of the mons around I can notice when they say something [important]. That would be of some use...>

Decides to try by following a random Ninjask and Purugly who are talking about cave dungeons. Those are places where one can go and find [items] buried on the ground and stuck on the walls, Sol realizes.

(Some time after this post)

Golden Forests

About a day ago, a certain Sentret engaged in not exactly legal activities left a message as a whisper at Toothless's ear.

…can get you something special, you know? It's a [permit] with which you can go pretty much anywhere in these forests. And you get marked as an outstanding citizen so you should not have trouble with the [legion] to the west. Amn't I cute? And it'll only cost you Ꝑschröedingers_amount~

As of today, Toothless, Cleo, Riana and Silentran♂ are being led to the lore cabin where thanks to some convincing by the local families of Zigzagoon, Xavier Monty and his gang have been staying for the last two days. The Donphan leading the group offhandedly comments to Toothless that to the west there are groups collecting herbs and fruits to offer to Ho-Oh as part of the [festival].

Which they still don't know when will it be,

Meanwhile, in a cave, Teala is being poked awake not by Maekrite but by a young Druddigon♀ who has noticed the local group has a visitor.

Local!Druddigon♀: <Hey, listen~> -- pokes again.

(After this post)

Maekrite: <H-hang on Silent I'm almost there!...> -- shakes suddenly and wakes up, notices the other Druddigon -- <Oh… w-wait...>

Local!Druddigon♀ -sheepishly: <O-oh, a tower Druddigon? A-are you a new instructor?>

Teala can notice that there are still a couple of small Druddigon lying around, half-asleep; if there were others they are already gone.

Meanwhile, outside…

FakeIDs!Sentret -walks around behind the group: <Awww… but my work is so awesome!> -- sads -- <I'll need to expand my business~>

Guide!Donphan -to Toothless: <Er, not that I'd be promoting illegal activities… but such IDs can be pretty useful. I hear there is a [kingdom] to the west where if you are not an ancient Pokémon or otherwise important enough, you're stuck as a slave!> -- walks proudly -- <Of course in the lands of Lady Ho-Oh we allow no such things.>

Golden Forests

(From here)

Guide Donphan: <Since when? Well, since really long ago...>

Fake IDs Sentret -hops onto Toothless: <When many mons started migrating after the great war that system was established, partly so that friendly westerners and dragons could be recognized.> -- pounds on chest -- <I learn that from my dad. Who knows nothing about my business :3>

Meanwhile in the cave, the smaller Druddigon steps back from Teala.

Druddigon♀: <Oh... well you are larger and paler and look strong.> -- looks somewhat embarrassed -- <I was hoping that we could get a new instructor because we have so many troubles with things like Chip Away and [Sucker Punch]…>

A couple of other Druddigon also wake up and look at Teala with some interest, start gossipping about the possibility of getting a new instructor.

(After this post)

Golden Forests, Caves

At Teala's comments a couple of young Druddigon chime in into the conversation; Maekrite, being the smaller in all the group, falls more or less hidden between two random dragons and Teala.

Local Druddigon♀ -blinks: <O-oh? You don't teach Sucker Punch? How come so? Our families have known that move for like four generations!>

Druddigon Trainee #1 -practising some slashes: <That's got to be an error or something. My dad taught me.>

Druddigon Trainee #2: <My parents tried to teach me too...> -- looks a bit confused -- <From what they said we've been using that move ever since one of our ancestors was visited by a Nidorino in the Dragonspiral Tower...>

Maekrite pays paticular attention to the last part.

Golden Forests, Playing Grounds

The Donphan chuckles then reveals he is carrying an ID. Not a fake one, of course (as far as he can tell, tee hee).

Guide Donphan: <Pretty much everymon carries ID cards these days. It's as useful as a Scarf but easier to keep and more functional. You can not just steal a mon's scarf and wander around.>

Sketchy Sentret: <With mons that move around and migrate so frequently in the area, the Nidos keep tight control of these forests. Technically the owners of this forest are Lady Ho-Oh and the Snubbull and Hoothoot living around here...>

Guide Donphan: <Well, it is tru, but ever since the old times the Nidos work as the police here.> -- snorts -- <Makes everything run smooth!>

The Donphan group with Toothless, Riana, Silentran♂ and Cleo finally arrive to a playground that functions as study of lore. As they start sitting around, the group listen to a Linoone mother narrating a story about the Mareep flocks to the east who put a valiant effort to protect the routes during the war and then how, when they were on the verge of losing, the "furry turbo wolf dragon bird thing" from the heavens came to the forest to expel the invaders from Unova.

Golden Forests

(After this post)

To Riana, in a sweet voice.

Guide Donphan: <...dragon bird thing. Yeah, sounds complicated for us too, I think it is one of the [gods] the redhead dragons worship?>

The Linoone loreteller meanwhile gives a half-amused, half-wtf glare at Cleo and the group.

Loreteller Linoone -frowns: <Actually, the interdimensional monsters were later. A group of courageous warriors went to the domains of the gods to free [Celebi] from a treacherous human's power.>

Random Kits and Cubs: <Wheeee~ yippi~ awesome battles!> -- start scrambling around.

Loreteller Linoone -- pounds on the ground: <But that's for another story.>

Random Kits and Cubs: <Awww…> -- fall into order again.

Guide Donphan: <After the Mareep defended the eastern routes, the combined forces of the mons living in the forests managed to repel the invaders from our lands.> -- to the Linoone -- <Why don't you show them and these [guests] the murals?>

Silentran♂ -peeks from besides Riana: <Murals? I don't recall the colony having murals... ._.>

A couple of Rattatas (of the nice variety) come greet Riana and Cleo; a couple of Nidorina come inquire where does Toothless hail from and ask if it is true that the group is visiting from the Dragonspiral Tower.

Nidorina #2: <…because you know, we have some other guests from Unova, too!>

(After this and this)

Hill Caves

The local Druddigon start congregating outside the cave while waiting for Teala. A moment after a Fearow arrives and starts chatting with them about the plans for the day that apparently include a short visit to the Unruins of Alph.

Meanwhile inside the cave one of the Druddigon is still talking to Teala.

Local Druddigon♀: <Oh oh and then we learnt how to Dragon Claw, it was awesome.> -- demonstrates on a poor, innocent rock -- <You could show us how to grapple! And fire Hyper Beams!>

Maekrite listens to the commotion outside, the locals seem to be quite eager to see Teala and go practice or whatever they do, of which the Nidorino is already getting an idea.

Maekrite: <And you say this was long long ago?>

Druddigon♀ -nods: <Like, before the time of my grand grand grandma.> -- invites Maekrite and Teala to step outside.

Maekrite: <Uh, Teala? How long does your species live?>

Loregrounds

Lore Nidorina: <...a vending machine?> -- blinks.

Loreteller Linoone: <Uhm… if you say so...> -- shrugs -- <I mean, we do have stories about Cubones crossing to other lands via washing machines.>

One of the Nidorina moves closer to Riana and awwws at her, pets her.

Lore Nidorina: <They are like big paintings in the walls from around the times the humans [disappeared]. You want to see them?>