Re: Herbert40k's Wrap-Up Thread

Mammor: -inclining his head toward Io- I think you may have heard whispers of my personal goals not in my personal files?

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

452 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-27 01:56:14)

Vientown - 25/8/14

-The Auric Avenger thinks for a moment before nodding warily.-

The Auric Avenger: ...That's me. Not many other weirdos out there who go around wearing Lucario costumes and fighting crime at night. I take it you're here because you want something from me? Training, equipment, something along those lines?

Pueltown - 26/8/14

To: Crewe

Your attempts to help one who most would consider beyond saving are admirable indeed. Rest assured, I will keep you informed should I ever require more direct assistance. I do not plan on dying before my time if I have any say in the matter.

Neo-Galactic HQ, Almia - 26/8/14

-Io nods.-

Io: I certainly have. How about you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours?

Pueltown

To: Titan

Okay. Good. Just so long as you do that.

Be careful, Titan. Please.

Mammor: I would not think to ask otherwise. What do you need me to do?

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

Vientown - 25/8/14

Ton: You should be asking for our help. Galactic's Excubitors never knew what hit them.

BreBre: <Because we knocked them unconscious before their short-term memories had time to sink in!>

Sol: *ahem* Bragging aside, an alliance would be beneficial. Tell me, have you ever heard of an artifact called the "Gaim Rahm"?

Sanity is precious; use it sparingly.

456 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-27 02:11:43)

Vientown - 25/8/14

-The Auric Avenger cocks an eyebrow beneath his mask.-

The Auric Avenger: The Excubitors are out tonight? Hmm... well, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, as they say. To answer your question, no, I've never heard of any Game Rain. Please, enlighten me.

Pueltown - 26/8/14

I will. Don't worry yourself on my account. Your own safety should be a far more pressing concern if you are planning on combating Neo-Galactic directly.

-Io thinks for a moment.-

Io: ...I hadn't thought that far ahead, honestly. With all of Titan's resources going straight to me, I've got everything I need to carry out all the research I can dream of.

-She gives a grimace of a grin.-

Io: How about you agree to include a certain pest on that hitlist of yours and we call it even?

Pueltown

Oh, don't worry about me. My Obscura isn't at 100% yet, but have you seen my arsenal? I have more pointy things than you can shake a pointy stick at. Which is also in my collection. And I know how to use them.

I've also got some pretty awesome homemade armor. I'll be fine.

458 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-27 02:17:45)

Pueltown - 26/8/14

...I'm uncertain as to whether or not I should consider this information to be reassuring. Though at least it would appear that entrusting you with a dagger was not a complete waste of resources on my part.

Pueltown

Oh, no way. I use that dagger all the time. I saved Straw from possession with that dagger once. It's awesome. It's easier to use than a sword, which is nice.

-Mammor grins wickedly-

Io, the entire J-Team is on my hit list, but I would be happy to make your pest a priority.

461 (edited by CorvusAtrox 2014-08-27 02:23:54)

Airship, August 26th

-Crow, after havign sent the text to Tagg, activates his communicator to call Titan-

Murcrow: <Uh, hey, Titan. How are things going?>

"Welcome. Do you have some... b u s i n e s s?"

"Halt dein Höllesobst mir fern, Versucher." ~ jedesdummisel

Pueltown - 26/8/14

I would certainly hope that it is not seeing too much use. Otherwise I would be forced to have you grounded, and I'm fairly certain that neither one of us wants that.

Airship - 26/8/14

-After several long moments, Titan's weary voice answers Crow.-

Titan: ...Not well. The situation here has deteriorated rapidly since your last report.

Io: Excellent. I want her dead, but I'll settle for scarred. If I get the chance to deal with her myself... all the better. Anyway, I'll leave you to your schemes for now. Just call me if you need anything and I'll make sure Titan provides it.

-She strides back out of the room.-

Pueltown

How in the world would you ground me? I don't have a room!

Pueltown - 26/8/14

You have a cave. That is sufficient.

Airship, August 26th

Murcrow: <...Hoping that wouldn't be the case. What's going on?>

Pueltown

Boooo. Besides, I have two caves. You'll have to be more specific.

Vientown - 25/8/14

Sol: The Gaim Rahm is a fragment of the Akashic Records manifested in our reality.

A repository of all information comprising our world.

It has recently resurfaced, and is being stored at a PEFE facility in Summerland.

...do you trust any human organization in the world with it?

Vientown - 25/8/14

The Auric Avenger: (PEFE... it's not so much a matter of whether I trust PEFE as it is a matter of whether I trust the people in charge of it. For all I know, though, these guys simply want this artefact thing for themselves...)

-He folds his arms, a thoughtful frown visible across his face.-

The Auric Avenger: ...What do you want me to do?

Pueltown - 26/8/14

I was unaware that you called any cave other than your residence in Sinnoh home. Regardless, either would suffice. Unless you would rather I got your mother involved.

Airship - 26/8/14

Titan: To put it in the most brief and blunt of terms, I have been usurped. The majority of Neo-Galactic is now operating outside of my command and though I maintain a limited amount of influence amongst the rank and file, I am effectively powerless to stop whatever machinations the Administrators are planning. That does not mean that I will not try, however. The organisation I have created must be brought down, even if you are forced to do so with me inside of it.

Pueltown

-Crewe's eyes widen-

Why would you even consider that?!

My mom hasn't disciplined me since I was eleven. I don't think she knows how to anymore.

Airship, August 26th

Murcrow: <...This is probably not the best time to say it, but this is probably why hiring Allen was a bad idea.>

<...But you sure? You want to take it down? Not get rid of the administrators and salvage what you can?>

Vientown - 25/8/14

Ton: Help us steal it!

BreBre: <The word is "liberate".>

Ton: Bah, we can be honest among ourselves! Call a spade a spade, everybody wins!

Sol: ...an embarrassing phrasing, but yes, our employer desires to forcibly remove the Gaim Rahm from this planet.

Even if the PEFE were trustworthy, any mistake made when attempting to exploit the artifact could have cosmic consequences.

Never mind if The Illusion Project or Team Galactic were to try and use the Rahm for their purposes...

472 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-27 03:12:36)

Vientown - 25/8/14

-The Auric Avenger folds his arms.-

The Auric Avenger: ...And how do I know that I can trust you? For all I know, you could easily be worse than all three of them put together.

Pueltown - 26/8/14

As a father, I have a thorough understanding of the varying methods used to instil a fear of disciplinary action within one's offspring. Admittedly, most parents don't use kill-teams to achieve this... but the threat of maternal intervention usually works just as well.

Airship - 26/8/14

Titan: I am all too aware that this fate was brought about by my own arrogance and hubris. You are welcome to say "I told you so" if you so please, though I will note that thus far Allen has been perhaps the least rebellious of the three Administrators. In response to your question... yes, I am certain. Neo-Galactic must be destroyed. Crewe was able to convince me that perhaps my efforts would be better put to work attempting to repair the damage my mistakes have done to this world rather than further wounding it in my attempts to create a new one.

Pueltown

... Yikes. Okay, I surrender. I promise I will get into slightly fewer fights, maybe.

I love you, Titan. Please stay safe.

Airship, August 26th

Murcrow: <...Huh.>

...Wait! This is it! He's not trying to destroy the world anymore! I... really wish it wouldn't have happened quite like this, but still.

<...Well, I'm glad to hear she convinced you.>

<But, seriously, sorry about not trusting you to be able to do anything about Mammor's plans, maybe things wouldn't have gone this way if I had.>

475 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-27 03:25:55)

Pueltown - 26/8/14

Very well, I suppose that is the most I can hope for. Regardless, I will do what I can in order to remain alive and well. For your sake.

I love you too, Crewe. It feels immensely liberating to be able to finally admit that after so long.

Airship - 26/8/14

-Titan sighs.-

Titan: The blame for this calamity rests solely upon my shoulders. You did everything you could to guide me onto a better path, and for that, I am grateful. There are many things in this life that I regret, far too many for me to count, but I regret not assigning your counsel the respect it deserved more than most. Remember that should these next few days prove to be my last.